SAFC Tuning...

Slingshot

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
shah alam
Guys,

Just wanna ask u all, where can i get my safc unit to be tuned in a proper manner?
Price wise and reasonable engine power output...

Thanx

easylife

May 11, 2005
Subang
titiwangsa motorsport .. at ukay perdana ..i tuned my car there using wideband/o2 sensor ...also cheap.. rm 180 for installation and tuning call 016-2046018 for direction

stroker_kit

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
SAFC tuning is quite simple, provided that u have a wideband O2 sensor...a dyno machine would be a bonus....
just make sure the AFR is somewhere between 12.0-13.5 when in hi-throttle mode... other than that, would be too rich or too lean... but for low rpm/throttle 14.0-13.0 is quite normal la...

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
stroker_kit said:
SAFC tuning is quite simple, provided that u have a wideband O2 sensor...a dyno machine would be a bonus....
just make sure the AFR is somewhere between 12.0-13.5 when in hi-throttle mode... other than that, would be too rich or too lean... but for low rpm/throttle 14.0-13.0 is quite normal la...
12 to 13.5 .. 12 is ok ar?... safe? cuz mine is like dat.. n de air fuel light is RED.. too lean?
i did mine at links..

eh btw...EASYLIFE which part of ukay perdana?n wut is de name of de shop? is it bside de flyovER?

gggti

Known Member
Apr 1, 2005
n/a
HALO all sifu, i heard ppl say only speedwork can install SAFC on siemen
ECU, how true it is? Also ,r they the sole distributor of APEXI SAFC.

I m driving a SGTI 2003 model. Speedwork ask for RM300 for intallation+
dyno +tuning. I think RM300 is reasonable but is their tuning good enough?
Or maybe LINKS or bla bla.......

wej7219

Jan 10, 2005
InitialD said:
I forgot.. is it 14 parts of air to 1 part of fuel? or is it the other way around?

It is 14.7 parts of air and 1 part of fuel, in weight, I believed.

Slingshot

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
shah alam
Therefore, the impotant things to tune the SAFC is the AF mixture right. But, using the wideband O2 sensor is more accurate than the three wires AF meters...What's with the EGT? Which is more better? Horses/HP or acceleration?

zaki

Known Member
Dec 7, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Slingshot said:
Therefore, the impotant things to tune the SAFC is the AF mixture right. But, using the wideband O2 sensor is more accurate than the three wires AF meters...What's with the EGT? Which is more better? Horses/HP or acceleration?
EGT is only for monitoring. it is not a tuning tool. You will get the highest temperature when the AF mixture is within the region of stoichiometric. For turbo cars, you don't want to run 14.7:1 air fuel ratio when boosting 1 bar. it is very dangerous. You might want to run richer.
How can exactly you tell (by using EGT) that you car has sufficient AF mixture without sacrificing fuel consumption. Go for wideband tuning instead of EGT.
HP / acceleration / torque are directly proportional up to a certain point. more torque = more acceleration = more hp.
easylife, it's setiawangsa motorsport. located in ukay perdana near to bukit antarabangsa

Wajafly

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Shah Alam
menace, you tune your SAFC where? Did they select the wrong car type or some other settings?

Well, I got mine tune in Speedworks as well. Not too bad. But will try LINKS soon. However, a few Waja have went to GT Auto and they tune it crazily. My SAFC2 he set 0 for nearly throughout the 12 RPM points and my SITC he set one of the RPM point to advance by 5! That is real stupidity or cheating case?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I notice that the headlamps are dim, even highlight does not make any difference at all. My proton bumper light is even brighter, damn ...

The headlamps are brand new.

What could be the problem? My car is only 3 years old. Should I check the fuse box? The one somewhere below the steering wheel. (10watt, 15watt, 20watt) <--- Does it related?

I asked a accessories shop, they said it can be done to make it brighter, by changing the relay + 2 brand new 100watt bulbs. They quote me RM100 for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience