S13 Meter Cluster Lights

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
Hi guys,

Would appreciate if somebody could share a picture of the back of their s13/180sx analog meter cluster with all the wires in place as mine is not working at the moment.

I've read the FSM (factory service manual) but it does not detail what are the wires at the back of the cluster. I suspect some missing wires after my sr20det conversion as the important warning lights, high-light, left/right signal lights and clock light are switched on accordingly.

Hope someone can advise on this.

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
when u say conversion...wat engine was it previously? ca18?

if its ca, i believe the wiring loom is diff to that of the sr...what more if its the hybrid meter cluster with the HUD unit.

im converting my analog one to the hybrid one , ill snap a pic of it when i do the conversion.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
it was previously an L18. from my understanding the majority of the s13 wiring loom was used with splicing kept to a minimum to be used with the original bluebird 910 dash. btw, it's an analogue meter cluster.

a quick search online yielded nothing except for other s-chassis owners complaining about how their TCU's kept shorting out. i've yet to try grounding one of the wires coming from the radio harness as electrical stuff isn't my forte.

slide it, would appreciate if you could just take a shot of the rear of your analog meter cluster before removing any wires (grounding especially) if that isn't too much to ask for.

cheers!

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
slide_it,
much appreciated. :) i somehow have a feeling that it'll look exactly the saem as mine at the moment. i don't think i have a TCU anyway. would like to know if anyone has shorted/grounded one of their wiring to bypass the dimmer switch that i've read in other forums (i.e. zilvia, nico, 240sxforum).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sizzling Start at Sepang's New MCS Season Last Weekend! - 2018 Round 1

Sunday, 1st April 2018- Action on track were exciting with 66-year old grandfather, Tony Teo outshining his more celebrated and younger challengers to win Race 2 for the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience