Status
Not open for further replies.
Cars for sale

RX8 Cash Only

Evo_Prince

Known Member
Aug 23, 2008
I would only pay 10k for it...
if the total cost to make it road legal in malaysia is almost the same as the price here..
why we need to deal with the hassle to make it road legal..
anyone agree??

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
u mean,der is actually a way legalize dis type of car 2 b driven on our M'sian roads???
i'd like 2 know more!

MrRonin

4,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2006
car to be register in Malaysia, need to pay heavy tax and need AP ( approve permit ) as well.
Step 1
AP need to be obtain from M I T I . ( Not easy, the car need to be under your name for 2 years ). With the AP in hand only could proceed STEP 2.

Step 2
Tax usually 50% of current market car value. KASTAM dont see your Purchase INVOICE.
They've their own computerized database systems for calculation of tax. ( Very advance and detail their calculation and is verify by high level officers )

Step 3.
After you paid the tax and with KASTAM clearance release letter and resit of payment only could take to JPJ to be registered.
JPJ will perform a B2 inspection in order to register name and renew roadtax.

This information obtain from car dealer and friend that bring back car after their studies overseas in US, UK, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.

For singapore cars also the same because also consider overseas.

Last edited:

Devilprince

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
i have to agree with mr ronin.. i've tried one time before.. but trust me alot of hasle that you need to go through.. you have to call MITI and ask about the AP. They encourage foreign car to be in malaysia, and if its not mistaken, vehicle from singapore and thailand can't be brought into malaysia unless you are a student or working there.

Then, Kastam + JPJ + Puspakom. dunno by then how many thousand you to pay. unless if you have an insider.. maybe can..

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
for ppl who work/study overseas,i kinda understand ler..u can apply sum sort of AP....but 4 dis kinda case?d car in in S'pore?i m working in M'sia...how can i own d car n bring it back 2 M'sia?hmmmmmm....pening ler

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
electronic road pricing.....just like electronic road toll

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my friend's car.....installed defi yesterday afternoon
this morning gone.....

i think...it is the shop tell the thief.......
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience