Rx7 questions b4 buying

ValMar

Jun 29, 2006
hi rotarians i'm seriously thinking about buying an rx7 for a sportscar in a few months time but i need u guys to answer before buying it..

1. how much is the monthly maintainence gonna cost?
2. let's say i wanna mod for relaibility, how much the estimated cost gonna be?
3. availability of the spare parts ?
4. how much is the price for a reliable rx7?

i'll ask more questions later, quite busy :P

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
Hey there ValMar

Firstly,welcome to the club,we always open our doors to new rotary lovers.

Secondly,I'm going to address your question.
Not to sound harsh or anything,but i suggest you do some research around this forum first.There's tons of threads like yours which has answers.Even the stickys have alot of info's you looking for.

I suggest you go thru that first.After you do,then you ask question regarding what you dont understand.I'll be happy to help till then.

Regards
Diablo

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
diablo is correct... plenty of threads that is talking about the same thing...
somehow... i also read alot :P

as for the money portion.. give u a rough idea... get a car of 60 K... get ready spend 15 to 20 to make it perfect...
if u get it around 70 ~ 80... it should be quite good already but spend 10 K for further upgrades...
if u get a car that is going at 100 K... don't need to spend any more....

just put one thing in your mind.... get ready 100 K :) you're more than enough ready to rock the world with your RX.

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
Yeah

My personal opinion is to have a "virgin" car if you can get one.
Find one from some auntie who's husband bought her and she dont want to drive it..or an uncle who is a diehard fan until he realised he's not that young anymore.

LoL.

They should be some FD's hanging around.Please search.

reartyre

Known Member
Mar 18, 2005
RX Newbie ... heheheh

ValMar said:
hi rotarians i'm seriously thinking about buying an rx7 for a sportscar in a few months time but i need u guys to answer before buying it..

i'll ask more questions later, quite busy :P
- basic is as low as RM 150

- u can contact Phat7 .. heheh .. its not gonna be cheap for sure

- if you're lucky it'll be in a chopshop or in a shop that will chop you down .. hehehe .. to be sure on reliability and originality you can get it from Japan (Australia, Nzealand, Canada, etc)

- Excellent = 100k + , Good = 100k +- , Mint = 80-90k , Ok = 70-80k , Crap = really cheap .. hehehe ( correct if the statistic is wrong)

Fuel is like crazy but its a cool crazy car ... nothing is cheap .. would recommend that you do a little bit of research in the forum before some of the forumers go balistic on you ... and good luck!!!!

reartyre

ValMar

Jun 29, 2006
lol icic! a little lazy to browse around, but been lurking here for some time already.

fuel isn't much for me, what i fear most is that rx7 doesn't have much spare parts like jaguar then i'm doomed liao.

i'd prefer to buy an rx7 that is well modded for reliability and performance so i don't have to spend so much, is it?:cry_smile:

or it's the same since we can't get much loan for an rx7?

btw when buying rx7 how to check if i has any problem or not?

ValMar

Jun 29, 2006
no one answer?

is there anyone here willing to sell thier car or just take me for a ride?

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
actually... all the answers WAS answered in the other threads.. you just need to go search it... topics including loans.... reliability.... who's selling etc... all are still there... the threads won't get deleted...

as of what i remember, there are 3 for sale that i know off... just browse around you might find what u need...

as for getting someone to fetch u around... stay around .... whoever got more time... will bring u for a ride.... and also go to our TT session... u might get to know more about us and our rides... and there can bring u for some rides.

aravind

Deleted User
Jul 31, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
HAHAHAH reartyre is right ! u want a super good rx7 u go pay 100k la....the 60k types may give u some problem....depends on the condition ...btw is danny's and vincent's rx7 still for sale?

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
danny's still on sale as what i know... Alex's also still around... joewe's also still around... not sure about vincent's....

ValMar

Jun 29, 2006
those who wanna sell or still selling pls pm me the specs, price, bla bla bla :)

i have quite some time to make up my mind.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
aravind said:
alchemis....do u have any pics of vincents rx7 ? please..thanks
dun have the picture ler...

Boony's fren also looking for one FD... he looking for a car with marginal condition on the engine... but darn good in the interior... he plan to strip the engine and put in a monster...

but leh.... expected price is a little bit low.. so... no one around is selling that price...most of our gang one are either mint or excellent condition...

this is an example of people getting FD... planned to throw in more money in it... while getting it cheap the 1st place.

ValMar

Jun 29, 2006
fd has a 50:50 wieght ratio rite? how bout fc? the same? is it lighter?

from what i see, many ppl choose fd over fc, can tell me the defrence between the fc and fd's performance?

a stock 20b could produce how much hp and torque?

pls feed me with info :P

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
Again,your question has been answered countless times before.Both FD3S and FC3S have a perfect 50/50 distrubution of weight.

Easy explanation why FD over FC? well FD is the successor of the FC variant.
So?

Its newer,more advanced,faster,better road holding and handling and lastly,ageless styling to top it all up.

Firstly,I had done some good readup on the 20B-REW Rotary engine and found out some things which is good and not good about it here.

The most significant disadvantage bout 20B here is you need a awesome,if not good tuner to help you deal with it.Frankly speaking,I dont think such tuners are around here unless you know some inside people.

The 20B-REW stands for 20-B Rotary Engine Double Turbo,based on the 13B-REW the 3rd gen FD3S is using.

20B-REW

-> It has 3 Rotors (654x3) = 1962cc

-> 9.0.1 compression
-
> It complys with the Japanese Gentlemen agreement thus its power is
276Horsepower / 6500 RPM

-> 41kgm of torque at 3000 RPM

-> Its got a Peripheral Exhaust port.go figure

-> Stock turbo's is boosting at 0.7bar (10.29) Psi

-> Its effing heavy,scaled at 350kg.As Saru-kun puts it.
It will kick the hell out of your 50/50 distrubition into the dustbin.

Sidenote - Dont get fooled by some other forummers who questioned how RE Amemiya got their 20B into a FD and still manage 50/50 weight distrubution.They (RE Amemiya) has done some real hard work of pulling back the firewall so they can install the engine further back.

-> Diablo says that if you want this and managed to fit it and run it here in Malaysia,you're a demi god which deserved to be slapped hard in the back with envy

-> Diablo also wishes ValMar good luck on his journey of doing this.

-> Lastly,Diablo also wishes that ValMar would come to the RE Meeting so he can ask questions there and i wont need to do my job to answer.ROFL JKJK

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just installed a Autogauge water temp gauge on my Iswara to replace the old 1(die already)...

then after some normal driving... i found that the needle is pointing between 90c n 100c...

is this optimum temprerature?

i scared wait rev some more my engine has to "enter factory"..

thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience