RX-8 Spirit R Production Extended by 1000 Units!

d4rk

Known Member
Jul 26, 2010
Johor Bahru

Due to popular demand, Mazda Motor Corporation has announced that they are extending the production of the Special Edition Mazda RX-8 Spirit R by 1000 units. This final special edition model was originally intended to be only 1000 of them, but it was such a hit since its launch back in November 2011 that made Mazda to come up with this surprising call.

The orders for the Spirit R came from a wide variety of customers, especially among performance car lovers and rotary enthusiasts, which pretty much explains why 66% of the orders opted for the 6-speed manual transmission version. And since this is a special edition, the Spirit R also comes with a number of tweaks like some aero parts, Bilstein dampers, RECARO bucket seats and 19-inch bronze-painted forged aluminum wheels. Three colors are available to choose for the Spirit R; Aluminum Metallic, Sparkling Black Mica and Crystal White Pearl Mica.

But do not get your hopes up too far yet as for the time being, Mazda Malaysia has yet to announce whether they would bring down the Spirit R down to Malaysia. But one thing for sure, we will be saying goodbye to the RX-8 as Mazda has announced that the production for this four-door rotary sports car will come to an end in June 2012.

Sources:
MAZDA:Mazda Extends Production of Special Edition RX-8 SPIRIT R | News Releases
Extended Run For The Popular Spirit R RX-8
intechcars.com | 06 Mazda RX-8 Spirit R Rear Lamp View www.intechcars.com

Attachments

leonon777

Nov 9, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Mazda Malaysia has in fact brought in a few units of the RX8 Spirit R but only in automatic transmission.

The automatic version does not get you the unique BBS 19 inch wheel but the standard 18 inch in gunmetal colour but you do get that pretty cool Recaro seats.

I saw it at the Bermaz- Mazda showroom along Federal Highway.

According to the SA, there are 3 units left locally. All 3 different colours.

detomaso_runna

1,000 RPM
May 21, 2005
PeNAnG
www.friendster.com
one thing i hate about rx8. everything is nice. except when u drive long distance. ur gear console become very panas. mazda should put aircond dekat situ. huhuhu

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.

Im looking at Clifford, Viper and Commando.
Most important feature for me is 2-way, shock sensor and starter kill.
I dont need remote start since its merely a luxury but not a necessity though the brands above carry this feature.

What d'ya think?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience