Rubber coating for rubber trim

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
My rubber trim especially around the windows tend to have water spots and "polka dots".

Today I saw a rubber coating that came in a spray can. You spray and what comes out is like paint but after drying for 4 hours, the paint-like appearance is actually a thin film of rubber. Although it can be peeled out, it takes some effort to do so - like tearing out a very sticky film.

I am wondering if I can apply this coating on my car rubber trim especially those around the windows. However, the spray goes over a large area, so could I spray into a can then apply the coat by brush on the trim?

Kindly advise.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Most of the rubber coating (should I say film) that is sprayed on. Plasti-dip is one kind.

There is another type coating that is applicable by either dipping in can with liquid rubber. It can be brush-on. It is then air-dried.
The dipping is used to coat handgrips of tools, and non-slip surfaces such as floors...etc.
Add more coatings to increase rubber thickness.

I say plasti-dip can be used for coating rubber trims, but it wont last for years.
I think it is better than the normal spray-on rubber-black aerosol though....

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
My rubber trim especially around the windows tend to have water spots and "polka dots".

Today I saw a rubber coating that came in a spray can. You spray and what comes out is like paint but after drying for 4 hours, the paint-like appearance is actually a thin film of rubber. Although it can be peeled out, it takes some effort to do so - like tearing out a very sticky film.

I am wondering if I can apply this coating on my car rubber trim especially those around the windows. However, the spray goes over a large area, so could I spray into a can then apply the coat by brush on the trim?

Kindly advise.
Try look for Carmate Black Resin Restore in Eneos

diyrubberpaint.com

Jan 2, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
hi

do you have some pics of your rubber trim that have the water spots and "polka dots"?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You can actually try using plastidip. Easily get at Ace Hardware. Since is also rubber paint and easier to tear and reapply anytime.
Safe to use.

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
i used black matte sticker to solve the problem.
still looking good after 2 years.

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
hi

do you have some pics of your rubber trim that have the water spots and "polka dots"?
No, I didn't take a photo, but mine looked similar to this but with more pale greyish spotting:

You can actually try using plastidip. Easily get at Ace Hardware. Since is also rubber paint and easier to tear and reapply anytime.
Safe to use.
Yeah, that was my initial question I posted if anyone had done this before ...

i used black matte sticker to solve the problem.
still looking good after 2 years.
Yeah, I did consider this but this was my final option if I couldn't get my rubber trims looking good more permenantly. I used Aerospace 303 before. Good but not so permenant. Need to reapply every 3 to 4 weeks.

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
If you're in Klang Valley, I don't mind giving you some Duragloss #271 Rubber Trim & Tyre Dressing to try on. I usually keep it in a 40cc spray bottle.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hye everyone

just wan to know about ferrari@lambo maintenance,did anybody got experience about this monster?my bro asking me to survey 1st before buy...

thinking to buy f430 or gallardo 5.0 v10
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience