Rotary have to redline regularly?

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Stock rx-8 type-e comes with lsd?

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Usually its 1way, 2 way or 1.5.. 1 way works on acceleration, 2 way works on decelaration too.. 1.5 way means it works fully on accel n works halfway on decel..
Correct ah sifus?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
FYI the fd3s comes standard with lsd. for daily use its good but on the track i've find myself needing a little more lock.

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
FYI the fd3s comes standard with lsd. for daily use its good but on the track i've find myself needing a little more lock.
Phat 7,

you know my car right...does it have an lsd? how can you tell if u have one?

also, i'm guessing 2 way is the best to get right?

woaychee

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
hi TS, your air cond issue i faced that before, perhaps try to ask the tuner to tune the idling with air cond on. it solved my ex-car engine stall problem.

kk13, thats good to have 2 ways, but you will have the annoying sound when you turning corner.. unless you enjoy these sound.

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
The facelifted RX-8 got lsd according to the brochure.

So recon 8 got traction control also?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
KK13 the car has an lsd, factory or not,i'm not sure.

Woaychee - the new generation is not noisy anymore. i like 1.5lock.

effie

Known Member
Aug 17, 2004
Shah Alam
www.rx8clubmalaysia.com
The facelifted RX-8 got lsd according to the brochure.

So recon 8 got traction control also?
All 6MT Rx8 comes fitted with LSD. 4AT doesn't get LSD. However, the new facelifted 6AT has LSD fitted.

And yea, recon Rx8 got Traction Control and DSC (Directional Stability Control).....But not all..... As long as you see the DSC button on the Rx8 than it has all those driver aids. Beauty is, you can switch it all off. Switching driver aids off allows you to drift and/or do donuts. Leaving aids on, makes it nearly impossible.

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
KK13 the car has an lsd, factory or not,i'm not sure.

Woaychee - the new generation is not noisy anymore. i like 1.5lock.
how much does it cost for an fd??

also, how come you dont like 2 way phat7??

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Lsd is 1 of my favourite subject to learn, but bear in mind that i have no experience hands on, but mere theory.. So sifus here help me if im wrong kay..
Usually 2way is used in drifting because on off-accel, the wheels still spin together at same speed.. Its easier to drift than a 1.5 because with a 1.5, sudden off-accel will not maintain wheel spin speed on both wheels.. Meaning if u were to make a right turn while off-accel, the outer wheel (left) spins slower than inner (right) wheel.. This translate to lesser speed because the left wheel is slower, as the weight of the car is transfered to to the left, much grip is added..
With 1way, the speed is much2 slower coz the left wheel could even stop spinning..

2way has high tendency to understeer, so for normal road use with occasional sports driving, 1.5 is perfect, safety n performance wise..
I hope this explanation makes it easier to understand how it works..

Last edited:

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
yea yea...this lsd thing i try on gran turismo onli....so the basic of 1 way,1.5, and 2 way also know theory onli

l18m

Nov 23, 2009
London
almost every FR car can wheel spin in wet esp nr redline as close to redline (peak power is prob about 1.5k rpm b4 redline)

not sure on your setup but can reduce the risk if:
1) turn down your boost
2) check your tyres, pressure, tread etc. get some good tyres for wet also (toyo t1r's good in wet and dry, toyo 888 rubbish in wet) this will help reduce change of wheel spin

i dont know too much about lt10 but on pfc it has auto learn function which idles higher when fans and a/c is turned on. maybe there is auto learn on lt10 also? or maybe needs to be mapped in?

redling is gd for engine but if u just redline for a couple of secs it wont do much. if u redline at idle ur engine will get hot and there wont be much air entering to cool the engine down effectively. if its wet can acc slowly to about 5-6k revs and hold it there for a bit, does similar thing as redline plus you wont get crazy boost so more manageable.

hope this helps

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
Lsd is 1 of my favourite subject to learn, but bear in mind that i have no experience hands on, but mere theory.. So sifus here help me if im wrong kay..
Usually 2way is used in drifting because on off-accel, the wheels still spin together at same speed.. Its easier to drift than a 1.5 because with a 1.5, sudden off-accel will not maintain wheel spin speed on both wheels.. Meaning if u were to make a right turn while off-accel, the outer wheel (left) spins slower than inner (right) wheel.. This translate to lesser speed because the left wheel is slower, as the weight of the car is transfered to to the left, much grip is added..
With 1way, the speed is much2 slower coz the left wheel could even stop spinning..

2way has high tendency to under steer, so for normal road use with occasional sports driving, 1.5 is perfect, safety n performance wise..
I hope this explanation makes it easier to understand how it works..
so that would mean that 1.5 is safer but slower in the corners than a 2 way...but what difference would it make during acceleration or deceleration in a straight line?...also 2 way has a tendency to under steer or over steer? it should be under steer for rear wheel drive cars right...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

come here to give tips and hints about the 2way alarm.

i am using King Eagle. Functional wise is pretty good though the communication range doesnt seems to be as far as stated.

- Question on remote start.

My system crank 'abit' longer than normal turn-key start. Is not axactly overcranking. During normal key start my car only require half second crank whereby the alarm system crank for a second lo.

currently the 'stop-cranking' sensor is connected to 'Check oil pressure'. So i wonder...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience