Rotary Engines - FAQ.

Skywalker81

Jul 16, 2011
Johor Bahru
I'm currently looking foeward to get an 06 MT RX-8 and doing as much as reserch as i could. A dealer told me the center transmission tunnel inside the car will generate heat IN the car, is it true??
Please advise...TQ

kariayam

Known Member
Oct 3, 2007
I'm currently looking foeward to get an 06 MT RX-8 and doing as much as reserch as i could. A dealer told me the center transmission tunnel inside the car will generate heat IN the car, is it true??
Please advise...TQ
All low-chassis sport cars will be a bit hot at the tunnel sue to transmission and exhaust pipe heat.

be it a RX7,RX8,350Z,Supra,silvias....you can ask the owners...just the center console a bit warm..not too hot till u suffocate inside the car as people exagerates

Last edited:

Skywalker81

Jul 16, 2011
Johor Bahru
thanks for the info...actually im still looking for all the good reasons to own a rx-8 just to convince my wife it's one of the great car to have.:top:

Skywalker81

Jul 16, 2011
Johor Bahru
ok, i have been surveying RX-8 forums in and out of Malaysia and car dealers around JB before i'm getting an RX-8...but seems like is hard, in fact very hard to find a MT RX-8...most of the dealer are having AT in their place...so i'm considering to get an AT(of course I still prefer a MT). So, what i wanna know from sifus and owners of RX-8 in here is:
1)does it really make a big different between AT and MT RX-8?
2)can the paddle shift in AT work responsively as the MT RX-8?
3)does the cost of maintainace of AT higher or lower than the MT?
4)does 6 ports AT exist?

PLEASE...i need some opinions and advises....
Thank you!!!

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
ok, i have been surveying RX-8 forums in and out of Malaysia and car dealers around JB before i'm getting an RX-8...but seems like is hard, in fact very hard to find a MT RX-8...most of the dealer are having AT in their place...so i'm considering to get an AT(of course I still prefer a MT). So, what i wanna know from sifus and owners of RX-8 in here is:
1)does it really make a big different between AT and MT RX-8?
2)can the paddle shift in AT work responsively as the MT RX-8?
3)does the cost of maintainace of AT higher or lower than the MT?
4)does 6 ports AT exist?

PLEASE...i need some opinions and advises....
Thank you!!!
1.)Big difference between AT vs 6MT
2,3,4 i not sure haha
But there is big difference between AT vs 6MT as far as power go

Jaymz

Oct 27, 2011
Johor bahru
1)does it really make a big different between AT and MT RX-8? - Owned a 6AT before I changed to FD, get a 6MT. huge difference.
2)can the paddle shift in AT work responsively as the MT RX-8? - first gear low end not as responsive as 6MT even if you launch at 3k RPM.
3)does the cost of maintainace of AT higher or lower than the MT? Same same..
4)does 6 ports AT exist? - theres alot of 4ATs in the market, dont buy them unless its 6AT.

Skywalker81

Jul 16, 2011
Johor Bahru
thanks for the info bro..especially the last question.:idea:...another fail run today trying to look for a MT rx-8...but i wont give up!!!
Thanks again =)

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
blackcloudpirate:
FC3S can be anything from 15 to 35 K.

Engine rebuild can be from 1.5 to 3K.

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
zth and mudah.my is a good start.

Jaymz

Oct 27, 2011
Johor bahru
Sky come join us for our weekly TT (Teh terik) session in Jb .. We have about 15 rotary owners in my group mostly rx8s .. Join us to know more :3 maintance .. Mods.. Experience etc.. Doesn't matter what car you drive la.. We are a friendly bunch.. Meetup usually happens in johor jaya.. Mount Austin or taman molek.. :3 I'll pm you my number :3

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To All ZTH Sifu...

Need ur help on TB issue...

few mechanic tell me that TB from GTI, Putra & SEI can fit to 4g92p...
but some mechanic say that TB cannot fit 4g92p...

really confuse...

thank you for ur help....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience