Rota 16" 8j ET20 in Satria GTI?? can it be done?

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I reckoned try 1.5 first, the if clears... He doesnt have to do any shaving
Yeah bro, I'm gonna try -1.5 first. But guys, I just realize, my left wheel is more out compare to the right wheel. Could this be camber issue?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Updates: the front wheels cleared but not the rear..it was scraping the inside the sgti fender liner. It was scraping during corners and also on even road as well :(

Bro maze: I don't want to cut the fender lining arch. Sayang la bro..any other options your looking into?

This is how I look at it, I'm into tackling corners. After doing what ever it takes to get rid the wheel contacting the fenders, will I face more issues going into corners quick? If I have to sacrifice comfort and compromising hard corners, I'll change the rims back to non rota. 7j wheel with appropriate offset!
From the pic, the tyres sitting outside of fender already. Tyres I can see the scrubbing on the outer pattern and not sidewall, As mention offset 35 with rolled fender just nice, offset 20 pretty far out.
Maybe can try -ve 2 degree camber, but will kill inner side of the tyres quite fast...

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Yeah bro, I'm gonna try -1.5 first. But guys, I just realize, my left wheel is more out compare to the right wheel. Could this be camber issue?
Left side maybe -ve 2 degree also won't help.

Probably not centralized, seen maybe cars like that....:banghead:

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Hi Guys, i changed my rims to RPF1 16"' 7j with et40. Fits perfectly! Thanks for all the inputs guys!

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Updates: the front wheels cleared but not the rear..it was scraping the inside the sgti fender liner. It was scraping during corners and also on even road as well :(

Bro maze: I don't want to cut the fender lining arch. Sayang la bro..any other options your looking into?

This is how I look at it, I'm into tackling corners. After doing what ever it takes to get rid the wheel contacting the fenders, will I face more issues going into corners quick? If I have to sacrifice comfort and compromising hard corners, I'll change the rims back to non rota. 7j wheel with appropriate offset!
Looks like you have the same probles as me. Front no prob, rear scrape. My case even sadder, there is a screw at the back fender.... the head popping out, pentagon shape head. Scratched my new tyres quite badly on the right side. But after remove the screw then ok. I rolled my fender even more using a baseball bat. Will post pics later.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Have to remove the fender cover before rolling it. As you can see, you will have to sacrifice your baseball bat. It is recommended to use wooden one instead of steel because it will not damage your fender if you apply too much pressure. The wooden bat will crack first if you do so. You can use your hand to slowly roll or you can ask someone to drive the car for you. I did it with my hands, got some blisters. Can search youtube to get an idea how its done.

Last edited:

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
wah...can roll fenders using only a baseball bat? any difference ah?
Erm, before this the tyre shop help me ketuk about 50% already. But its not smooth if you ketuk only. So i used the baseball bat to smoothen it + roll it further. Now about 95% in.

I feel that the neo fender damn hard tho.... other car looks softer.

Last edited:

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
No heat gun. The pain inside the fender will crack due to the friction. But outside perfectly fine. Even if it cracks it still doest matter coz got the fender cover. But some OCD ppl may not like. Haha

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No heat gun. The pain inside the fender will crack due to the friction. But outside perfectly fine. Even if it cracks it still doest matter coz got the fender cover. But some OCD ppl may not like. Haha
Did you paint back? if not, the crack part will rust...

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Looks like you have the same probles as me. Front no prob, rear scrape. My case even sadder, there is a screw at the back fender.... the head popping out, pentagon shape head. Scratched my new tyres quite badly on the right side. But after remove the screw then ok. I rolled my fender even more using a baseball bat. Will post pics later.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Have to remove the fender cover before rolling it. As you can see, you will have to sacrifice your baseball bat. It is recommended to use wooden one instead of steel because it will not damage your fender if you apply too much pressure. The wooden bat will crack first if you do so. You can use your hand to slowly roll or you can ask someone to drive the car for you. I did it with my hands, got some blisters. Can search youtube to get an idea how its done.

Bro, show the finish picture please? want to see how it looks..thx man

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, show the finish picture please? want to see how it looks..thx man
The bottom one is basically the finished product.... there's nothing much to show I guess.... just the fenders rolled and it doesn't rub the tyre any more that's all.... I might need to go to the shop to cut off a little bit of the plastic fender cover coz I think the cover still touches the tyre sometimes.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While details may be vague, it’s reported that Ferrari Chairman Luca Cordero di Montezemolo has acknowledged that the replacement for the Ferrari Enzyme will “incorporate the state of the art of our knowledge in terms of increasing performances while reducing fuel consumption and emissions. It will then influence all Ferraris that appear after...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience