Rota 16" 8j ET20 in Satria GTI?? can it be done?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i'm currently using 15" 7JJ ET35 with 195-55-15 tyres, front can still clear the fender but not rear, tyre scrap a bit.. even tho i've adjusted the rear camber to -1.8 it's still scrapping the rear fender.. just went to two shops in sunway last week to do fender roll but both refuse to do.. they said the SGTi fender liner making it difficult to do fender roll, they need to open the fender liner first and then need to cut the fender liner a bit.. even tho i've said i'm willing to pay more at both shops but they still refuse to do.. quite frustrated.. maybe i need to find other places to do it
Try here....

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...lling-service-in-sunway-craft-motorsport.html

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i've heard about this place before.. quite well known, never been there yet, not too familiar with USJ area.. i'll try check it out when i got free time
I went there last week. Rm60 to roll per side. In the end i didn;t do it.... coz the fella quite honest. he said my fender the tyre shop already ketuk until almost maximum, so no need to do already.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i've heard about this place before.. quite well known, never been there yet, not too familiar with USJ area.. i'll try check it out when i got free time
Is in USJ 7.....google map also shows the place.....

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Guys, thx for the input and discussion guys. Honestly, i dont want to roll the fenders! my predictions, maybe the front wheels can clear the fenders. My concerns are the rear! Im gonna try some fitting, will keep this thread posted how that turned out!

Bro, XlimShady and Maze, post your cars pic here bro. Just some sharing.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
SHANKAR! you notty boi! Just got the car and now modifying it so much huh...think about maintaining your dog as well. xD...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Guys, thx for the input and discussion guys. Honestly, i dont want to roll the fenders! my predictions, maybe the front wheels can clear the fenders. My concerns are the rear! Im gonna try some fitting, will keep this thread posted how that turned out!

Bro, XlimShady and Maze, post your cars pic here bro. Just some sharing.

depends on rim design.....some may not clear your rear brake caliper (if yours was drum type then no worries)

but et20 rim definately u need to roll the fender a bit....

here is mine (15" rim et20) that even after i add 17mm spacer i still need to grind the edge of my rear caliper after replacing the brake pads (new pads was thick hence the slim space)

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Updates: the front wheels cleared but not the rear..it was scraping the inside the sgti fender liner. It was scraping during corners and also on even road as well :(

Bro maze: I don't want to cut the fender lining arch. Sayang la bro..any other options your looking into?

This is how I look at it, I'm into tackling corners. After doing what ever it takes to get rid the wheel contacting the fenders, will I face more issues going into corners quick? If I have to sacrifice comfort and compromising hard corners, I'll change the rims back to non rota. 7j wheel with appropriate offset!

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Updates: the front wheels cleared but not the rear..it was scraping the inside the sgti fender liner. It was scraping during corners and also on even road as well :(

Bro maze: I don't want to cut the fender lining arch. Sayang la bro..any other options your looking into?

This is how I look at it, I'm into tackling corners. After doing what ever it takes to get rid the wheel contacting the fenders, will I face more issues going into corners quick? If I have to sacrifice comfort and compromising hard corners, I'll change the rims back to non rota. 7j wheel with appropriate offset!
try set rear camber for -ve2.0degree :listen:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
I reckoned try 1.5 first, the if clears... He doesnt have to do any shaving

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here are a list of cheap cars as compiled by the Kelley Blue Book. Though it certainly does not apply in this part of the world

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic (Regular Cab Manual WT) - MSRP: $17,015 *NEW CAR BLUE BOOK VALUE: $16,590...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience