Ron 97

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
we are lucky our petrol price still lower than other countries...try drive in UK or what soeve..1.78pound per liter times 5...so consider cheap right haha...last month when i calculate my expenses in uk, ive spent 275 pounds for only 2 weeks driving...hmm times 5...calculate no more...:rofl:

hmm i got no issue with my old cars...ron95 sufficient enough for me even in track day...any one here can prove your engine 'kong' using ron95?

Cannot say that our petrol prices is cheaper bro... We can't compare pound to ringgit. We should look at income per capita for every household. In the UK, average income would be around 2000 pounds. Petrol is 1.78 pounds /Litre. Here in Malaysia, lets say our average income is Rm2000 and our petrol prices is Rm1.90/Litre. So in conclusion we could say that petrol in the UK is actually cheaper than it is here in Malaysia. Not to mention the exhorbitant taxes we for our cars and road tax. :rofl:

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
Cannot say that our petrol prices is cheaper bro... We can't compare pound to ringgit. We should look at income per capita for every household. In the UK, average income would be around 2000 pounds. Petrol is 1.78 pounds /Litre. Here in Malaysia, lets say our average income is Rm2000 and our petrol prices is Rm1.90/Litre. So in conclusion we could say that petrol in the UK is actually cheaper than it is here in Malaysia. Not to mention the exhorbitant taxes we for our cars and road tax. :rofl:

bro its consider cheap la..how low you want it? we also lucky that gov gave subsidy for it..when we calculate our petrol price (US Dollar) to other countries, yet our petrol its cheap. Thanks to gov that us subsidy.. dun la calculate tax etc..not fair what..we are talking about petrol not taxes..hehe:hmmmm:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
To put it more wisely.. the gov should give subsidy on 97, not 95. Then the 97 will be more cheaper than 95.

Or make it Ron 99 and Ron 97 in the market..its more logical.

Why still need to have Ron95 when we can do the above? Ron97 performs better and good for environment. Ron 95 by any chance cant beat Ron 97, hence the number is 95. So in the advertisement..they said Ron 95 is better..better compared to what ? Its misleading... anyone please sue them hehe...

Answer is simple..Ron 95 is there to 's**k' our money out...

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
bro its consider cheap la..how low you want it? we also lucky that gov gave subsidy for it..when we calculate our petrol price (US Dollar) to other countries, yet our petrol its cheap. Thanks to gov that us subsidy.. dun la calculate tax etc..not fair what..we are talking about petrol not taxes..hehe:hmmmm:

Bro... you must remember also that we are a petroleum producing country. Hence our petrol should be subsidized by the country like in other petroleum producing countries such as Brunei and the Middle East. What I dont agree is that the Federal Government claims they are subsidizing our Ron95...Yes... I agree to that but have they forgotten that the subsidy money used is our own country's money from the petroleum produced and sold.:rofl:

And like I said...dollar to ringgit...its not cheap. Unless we are earning US dollars.

Last edited:

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
Bro... you must remember also that we are a petroleum producing country. Hence our petrol should be subsidized by the country like in other petroleum producing countries such as Brunei and the Middle East. What I dont agree is that the Federal Government claims they are subsidizing our Ron95...Yes... I agree to that but have they forgotten that the subsidy money used is our own country's money from the petroleum produced and sold.:rofl:

And like I said...dollar to ringgit...its not cheap. Unless we are earning US dollars.
of course la bro..which country has its own money? they trade to generate income, our crude oil are called sweet cause of their high quality attributes, so they are sold off to countries/petrol companies who are willing to pay top dollars for our oil and part of the profit of is used to subsidize fuel at pump and to develope the nation

If we are earning US dollars expect to pay in US dollars as well (cost of living) is the same la everywhere..fresh grads in Melbourne earn like aud 3000 but the cost of leaving in Melbourne is high ,parking charges all night long ,train ticket(except for TRAM), fuel, mineral water .maggie in cup you pay rm 3.00 here there is AUD 3.00.

Last edited:

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
of course la bro..which country has its own money? they trade to generate income, our crude oil are called sweet cause of their high quality attributes, so they are sold off to countries/petrol companies who are willing to pay top dollars for our oil and part of the profit of is used to subsidize fuel at pump and to develope the nation

If we are earning US dollars expect to pay in US dollars as well (cost of living) is the same la everywhere..fresh grads in Melbourne earn like aud 3000 but the cost of leaving in Melbourne is high ,parking charges all night long ,train ticket(except for TRAM), fuel, mineral water .maggie in cup you pay rm 3.00 here there is AUD 3.00.
i could't agree more...:adore:

skylin3lov3r

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
JB

haha very true:banghead:i still dont understand y so many malaysians nationwide still crying out 4 migration up 2 now:banghead:

ATCO

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
malaysia
RON97 -RM2.60 from tomorrow onwards:top:
im not saying its cheap but compare that to our neighbour phillipines: 52pesos/litre (its like RM4/L). and bear in mind their per capita income is not much better than us, oil producing country as well.