RON 95 issue

shaharel

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
Guys!

Have any of you guys fill-up with RON95? What is the affect? Most of the petrol station here in Terengganu stop selling RON97! They only sell 95! I haven't top-up my tank yet afraid the engine will knock. How?? Anyone?

shaharel

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
aiya.. how to tune?? i don't have the specialties to tune wor.. somemore got password.. i dunno the password lagi.. susah.. have to bring back kl tune la like that.. have to retard the timing right??

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

or can I buy some sort like octane booster (STP) temporary fill in? then drive to KL later to tune it again.

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
octane booster will up your RON rating by about 0.1-0.2 points.... won't make much difference....

danielwan

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
shaharel, there is a good discussion about Ron95 & Ron97 at the 'Malaysia Celica Forum'. Maybe you might wanna join the discussion or have a look on the past discussion. TQ

ir1z

Known Member
Oct 29, 2008
ron95 sucks really bad on our cars........even my vvti celica also lost the umphhh with ron95 after one time testing

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
yea, my friend's celica pump RM10 RON95, noisy and lose some performance, i was in the car

then found RON97 and pump full tank, no more noisy sound and performance is back.

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
sorry, i forgot to stat, the noise came out from exhaust and the noise is very ear-pain-ing

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Mythbuster/Does-it-work? Best I-Cable spark plug cables

As some of you may already know, I'm a huge DIY junkie and if I can do it, I will. This has presented me with a problem - skepticism. I am one of the biggest skeptics known amongst my friends when it comes to car modification voodoo. So hence this new article.

Welcome then, to episode one of my many soon to come future...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience