Rollcage Approval

thilaksharma

From Facebook
Sep 21, 2011
www.facebook.com
Hi guys,

I heard that you can make approval for your on the road car for the bolton rollcage installed.
I heard its from MAM or AAM , is there anyone who did it and is there any document passed to you after the approval. I am getting issues with blue jacket and white jacket during roadblocks, and its a PAIN IN THE *** , I have yet to participate in events but moving the car from shop to shop is really a pain with this guys keep stopping me.

thank you

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
from what i know roll cage cannot be inspection and approval same like body kit...or mybe others friend here can help.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
If roll cage can be used, I'm sure plenty life can be saved from accident, especially those involved with pero-2 car that with milo tin body. But in order to get approved, you have to prove that it won't danger your life and people's life during accident and able to outperform the car body design. so you probably need 1-3 cars to send to Sirim or Euro NCAP for testing (maybe total lost when come out). Get the document and apply for approval. Technically will be much friendlier than financially.

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Im also still finding the answer about this for long time already...for logic bolt on rollcage is good for safety...but untill now still didnt know the balck & white about this...
a few years ago i heard someone had passed his bolt on 6 point rollcage officially with JPJ...he installed it at his toyota starlet...
he said JPJ can give approval to install the cage for 15+ years car (if not mistaken) for the reason weakness of old chasis...
and the fact is he dealing with JPJ without no kow tim or what so ever...hurmmmmm...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i think the main issue is to get the schematic drawing of the bolt-on cage showing all the point and design are confirmed to withstand the load/impact especially the base point at the bottom of the car floor...

and of course to get it signed from proper engineer???

and of course the cage are well padded all around dangerous area...even with that not sure if the puspakom would approve...but the would give owner a stronger point to justify the cage installment upon inspection?

and talking about the MAM temporary road permit for caged car i forgot whether the form online (or doubt it was still available) perhaps it is better for u to call directly to MAM and ask them about the permit...and even if the permit available u need to show the race/competition u were entering prior the car needed to be on road for road course/stage transfer (ie:during rally event)

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i came across someone who told me that rollcage is allowed for his sports coupe and he got a letter from puspakom HQ claiming the car is allowed for rollcage, he shown me photocopy of the letter, when i wanna purchase the car, i requested him the original then he tell me lotsa story, so in the end i concluded that its not allow cos most of my runners say cant unless for track/competition use, but those are track car, not road legal...so i am curios to know too...cos it is actually part of safety feature of a performance car.
any sifu here can share info regarding this?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
take example of non-documental approval is like rally car...on normal days if u drive it on public road surely kena saman...but while onroad during rally days/transfer stage the police wouldn't bother with anything on the car except speed limit on public road.....thats the type of approval on "event" basis....

i only heard the documented approval for imported (road legal) race cars (with oversea's number plate) getting permit/special roadtax and insurance for road travel to event like gymkhana/time attack...and that permits only last a few months if i remember correctly..but the details i forgot...so if u really wanted to know more then MAM is the only correct place to ask....

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
wat ive HEARD/READ...

1/ law states that there should not be anything blocking/obstructing the passenger getting in and out of the car... so if the cage doesnt have the side bar, and passengers can go in n out without obstruction, u wont be fined... iinm read this on this forum somewhere. iirc, the dood who posted also stated that hes done this and showed the officers he can get in and out and got through without any fines. cant remember which thread this was in...

2/ rollcage no matter wat cage is permitted to be in the car for 1 week before and 1 week after the "race event". anything more than that stipulated time will be fined.

so contradictory isnt it?

anyway, cages (even with padding) in a street car can be very dangerous since u aint wearing helmets for daily driving... its only a safety feature when used in conjunction with a helmet, otherwise, its a safety feature AND a possible death trap at the same time.

then theres also the event u get into a serious accident and need the car to be cut up fast...the fire department will have a tough time cutting through the cage since the steel used is significantly stiffer than the steel used in ur car's pillars. dont be surprised if the machine/blade they have isnt sufficient to cut through the cage... n dont blame them when they cant.

with all that being said...i would also like the TRUTH about the legality of cages.. coz i oso wanna pasang for my (not so often driven, weekend use, wanna join track days) car laaaaaaaaaaaaa

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
perhaps the best way to find further good explaination then u need to ask those satria neo R3 CLUBSPORT edition owner.... :biggrin:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
perhaps the best way to find further good explaination then u need to ask those satria neo R3 CLUBSPORT edition owner.... :biggrin:
in regards to the clubsport

taken from HERE

I called him back later, and he got some good news for me. The owner agreed to reduce the price by RM 1k, but the catch is I have to do the Puspakom inspection and JPJ ownership changeover myself.

It’s certainly doable, but I’ll need to have the car with me one day in advance, so that I can drive it to Proton R3 department to have them dismantle the 6 point roll cage and keep it there. Then I’ll wait up outside Puspakom from 5.30 a.m, get the car inspected and approved, then off to JPJ to get the ownership changeover process done.
the cage in the clubsport is supposed to be legal so i dont really understand why the need to dismantle it when going for puspakom inspection...

causes even more confusion doesnt it? heheheheh

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
My mechanic was handed with a letter....
Check out with RPG Shah Alam....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,need help&advice on this.

I own a perdana with evo3 engine.Just days ago I noticed white smoke was coming out of exhaust in the morning when started the car.I thought it was just normal in the morning bt it got worst after about just half an hour of drive,the smoke was coming out more and more especially in low gears.It even smoked during 100km/h above and in high gear.What really boogles is my turbo kicks in late around 4000+ rpm.The boost is only on 0.7/8 bar when I used to get...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience