Road tax not sticking on tint

rasahman

Known Member
Nov 19, 2012
Jb
I have raytech tint installed. The road tax is in place as the pic, but problem is over time the paper part of the road tax warps and peels away fr the window. Anyone experienced this and found a solution?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Aiya, it's always like that la. Just add transparent tapes on the edges to stick it, problems solved!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, too hot, wrinkle and drop off. What I do nowadays, I get a hard transparent plastic sheet (mine is color print sheet) and I stick the road tax to it, then use road tax holder to hold it to the windscreen.....:driver:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks guy..Will give it a go
Your wrinkle road tax will not stick in this state. Do it when new. Mine after one year still as good as new when I take it down. Not sure if you can get a replacement for the wrinkle one....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
This is quite usual. The sun in Malaysia is damn hot and damaging.......until some roadtax disc and prints becoming faded before reaching 6 months. More if cars are parked constantly under the sun.

How la police/jpj gonna check?

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Try to reapply the road-tax onto the windscreen at night and let it 'bond' overnight, rather than during daytime especially with our scotching weather which might cause it to wrinkle.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Try to reapply the road-tax onto the windscreen at night and let it 'bond' overnight, rather than during daytime especially with our scotching weather which might cause it to wrinkle.
The thing is none of us want to stick it to the windscreen. We want it to stick to the roadtax sticker so it doesn't leave a horrible stain the next time you want to remove it.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
The thing is none of us want to stick it to the windscreen. We want it to stick to the roadtax sticker so it doesn't leave a horrible stain the next time you want to remove it.
Yes what I mean is sticking it into road tax sticker, but it will also wrinkle due to the heat from the sun. I just experienced it recently so I reapply at night and let it stick overnight then okay already.

rasahman

Known Member
Nov 19, 2012
Jb
Windscreen - tint - rd tax display sticker - road tax - cello tape - rd tax display sticker

I've got it like this now. Will see if it holds. :)

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes what I mean is sticking it into road tax sticker, but it will also wrinkle due to the heat from the sun. I just experienced it recently so I reapply at night and let it stick overnight then okay already.
Mine when wrinkle cannot stick any more. Even stick at night, next day under hot sun, wrinkle and drops off.....

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Actually you can laminate it or restick it back with a piece of small piece of tint (ask tint shop to do for you)..
Me always do that..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Actually you can laminate it or restick it back with a piece of small piece of tint (ask tint shop to do for you)..
Me always do that..
Yup, similar to me sticking to plastic sheet then only use road tax holder....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm posting on behalf of Rhys. His car was broken into just this morning at 5:00 am. His car was parked inside his house compound.4 Malay guys with full face helmet, wearing jackets and with white gloves smashed his driver side door and took all his Defis & Link Control and SAFC. Those bastard even pop the hood and took the water temp sensor. Luckily his SSQV is still intact. Rhys, watch the whole process in front of his eyes. He shouted at them but them threaten him by hitting metal rod on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience