Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The one I see is this

https://shopee.com.my/4G15-4G13-272...SATRIA)-CARBURATOR-EFI-i.232168134.5918377474

other then that I think all are 280 & 288 degree.
Got a lot la. Find out if it's a billet or regrind cam. Always opt for Billet. Last time I installed the 260/280 Pipercams on my car and that's a pretty mild cam. Slightly broadened the power band and with the adjustable cam pulley I could shift the powerband higher or lower. The beauty of SOHC and self adapting ECUs. I don't know if they had any other variant of Siemens VDOs though. I still recommend you go for a stand-alone.

Powerzone I recall are regrind cams which means they take the stock cam and grind them to their specs. Billet cams are built out of one piece to make the cams. Personally if you need to add washer or whatever I wouldn't take the cam. Mine were direct plug and play.

Crank pulley
https://shopee.com.my/Saga-12V-Wira...k-Pulley-T6061-Aluminium-i.17868449.250999330

After what you say and I think throught. In JB here I don't have a mechanic that is really skilled in doing this kind of mods.
If there is the case I think I might juz give up on this and changing the extractor since is kinda rusty .Hahahaha
The crank pulley you are looking at is wrong la.

This is the crank pulley you wanna buy :

This is the Siemens VDO stock pulley :

Do you notice anything different?

YES. The Siemens VDO pulley has an additional gear attached to the back of the pulley for the crank angle sensor which the Mitsubishi 4G15 doesn't have. The one you wanted to buy was the MMC crank pulley.

Also this is what a proper lightened crank pulley should look like. This is from a good brand Fluidampr which is kinda expensive :

It has a dampening layer which absorbs the shock and vibrations that the pulley is subjected to. The middle sleeve needs to be reinforced too if you don't have some sort of harmonic damper, otherwise the shape of the middle hole will deform and you'll see problems 2-3 years down the road depending on how you drive. Wobbly pulleys are a thing.

If you look at the now defunct mythelogy brand, right in the center the hole is reinforced with a steel sleeve, the rest is lightweight alu and there's a rubber dampener there that supposedly absorbs some of the vibration. There's a lot of debate as to whether it really works or not for Mythelogy pulleys but personally I've changed so many pulleys in my old Wira it's not even funny.

Wira uodate

Another thing I juz found out. The exhaust is 2.5 inch. Is this normal for 1.5 wira? Or is it too big?
Where is your exhaust 2.5" ? The tip or the piping diameter? 2.5 is a little large and personally I feel 2" is ideal but 2.5" isn't going to ruin anything as long as it's straight flow and your extractor is good. Personally I recommend a 4-2-1 setup for a wira manual. The original Wira SE extractor was actually a well built extractor but you'll be hard pressed to find a good condition one at this time so if you do get an extractor consider a properly tuned one not just any extractor off Shopee or Lazada unless you know what you're looking for.

Reactions: KHNG940413

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
2.5" all the way? That is huge. My VR 2.0L turbo using 2.5" only......
I just measure the rear part. front part tomorrow I will go and measure again. But from what I see the full exhaust is just 2 part only.

1st part the extractor until the 02 sensor part belakang abit
2nd part front link to the extractor the direct back to the muffler

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Got a lot la. Find out if it's a billet or regrind cam. Always opt for Billet. Last time I installed the 260/280 Pipercams on my car and that's a pretty mild cam. Slightly broadened the power band and with the adjustable cam pulley I could shift the powerband higher or lower. The beauty of SOHC and self adapting ECUs. I don't know if they had any other variant of Siemens VDOs though. I still recommend you go for a stand-alone.

Powerzone I recall are regrind cams which means they take the stock cam and grind them to their specs. Billet cams are built out of one piece to make the cams. Personally if you need to add washer or whatever I wouldn't take the cam. Mine were direct plug and play.

The crank pulley you are looking at is wrong la.

This is the crank pulley you wanna buy :

This is the Siemens VDO stock pulley :

Do you notice anything different?

YES. The Siemens VDO pulley has an additional gear attached to the back of the pulley for the crank angle sensor which the Mitsubishi 4G15 doesn't have. The one you wanted to buy was the MMC crank pulley.

Also this is what a proper lightened crank pulley should look like. This is from a good brand Fluidampr which is kinda expensive :

It has a dampening layer which absorbs the shock and vibrations that the pulley is subjected to. The middle sleeve needs to be reinforced too if you don't have some sort of harmonic damper, otherwise the shape of the middle hole will deform and you'll see problems 2-3 years down the road depending on how you drive. Wobbly pulleys are a thing.

If you look at the now defunct mythelogy brand, right in the center the hole is reinforced with a steel sleeve, the rest is lightweight alu and there's a rubber dampener there that supposedly absorbs some of the vibration. There's a lot of debate as to whether it really works or not for Mythelogy pulleys but personally I've changed so many pulleys in my old Wira it's not even funny.

Where is your exhaust 2.5" ? The tip or the piping diameter? 2.5 is a little large and personally I feel 2" is ideal but 2.5" isn't going to ruin anything as long as it's straight flow and your extractor is good. Personally I recommend a 4-2-1 setup for a wira manual. The original Wira SE extractor was actually a well built extractor but you'll be hard pressed to find a good condition one at this time so if you do get an extractor consider a properly tuned one not just any extractor off Shopee or Lazada unless you know what you're looking for.
The piping size is 2.5 for what I measure. I also feel a little bit big for the engine.
For the crank pulley part what i know is there is a gear shape thing need to attach to the crank pulley is not same as mmc.
I thought the link I put is also the same as the one you put.Hahahahaha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I just measure the rear part. front part tomorrow I will go and measure again. But from what I see the full exhaust is just 2 part only.

If rear end or tip then it is okay. Measure the middle part.....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My original one actually came apart from dampening layer. My mechanic got me a full new machined piece with no layer and not lighten, is solid metal.......lol

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
After what you say and I think throught. In JB here I don't have a mechanic that is really skilled in doing this kind of mods.
If there is the case I think I might juz give up on this and changing the extractor since is kinda rusty .Hahahaha
should have.. u need to go join those wira clubs on fb group. i'm sure the members there can guide you and recommend best workshop in JB.

Reactions: Izso

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

take pics and tell how where u measure la. It sounded like you measured the tip of the exhaust saja. If you did then 2.5" is not abnormal at all.

My original one actually came apart from dampening layer. My mechanic got me a full new machined piece with no layer and not lighten, is solid metal.......lol
Considering how old your car is - expected la. I wouldn't have gone for a solid metal one though, so much rotational mass. I dunno la... crank pulleys harmonics are mysterious magic that I don't understand.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
The piping size is 2.5 for what I measure. I also feel a little bit big for the engine.
For the crank pulley part what i know is there is a gear shape thing need to attach to the crank pulley is not same as mmc.
I thought the link I put is also the same as the one you put.Hahahahaha
I think the 2.5 inch is the outer diameter of the piping. Then inner will be less than 2.5inch. It depends on the wall thickness always measure inner bore for more accuracy if cannot then you measure the OD then wall thickness then you get the ID because your exhaust flows inside the tube not outside. I have came across 2.5 inch piping on OD and ID only 2 inch.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think the 2.5 inch is the outer diameter of the piping. Then inner will be less than 2.5inch. It depends on the wall thickness always measure inner bore for more accuracy if cannot then you measure the OD then wall thickness then you get the ID because your exhaust flows inside the tube not outside. I have came across 2.5 inch piping on OD and ID only 2 inch.
that is a seriously thick exhaust. Half an inch thick

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
you can see back the pic I post. I think I am wrong. Outer diameter is around 4cm. So convert into inch is around 1.6 inch outer diameter.
My colleage told me is 2.5 inch and I didn't go and figure out myself.Hahahahaha My bad

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
you can see back the pic I post. I think I am wrong. Outer diameter is around 4cm. So convert into inch is around 1.6 inch outer diameter.
My colleage told me is 2.5 inch and I didn't go and figure out myself.Hahahahaha My bad
1.6" then is normal loh.......hahaha:laugh:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Guess you need to teach him how to use a vernier caliper

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is my boss's car. The paint was in terrible condition upon delivery. Defects were all over and deep. Pictures shall talk.

Full of swirls and watermark etching. Generous amount of random deep scratches too.

A closer look

The least aggressive method was tried. A light...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience