Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
What were you doing when it happened? Decelerating and braking? Any sputtering? Or perhaps you washed your engine recently.
Those questions were in relation to die dying

Engine's shaking is likely due to idle rpm dropping to a low rev

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Those questions were in relation to die dying

Engine's shaking is likely due to idle rpm dropping to a low rev
When in idling the rpm is below 1k in the traffic. In D the car is shaking like disco. When put it into N the car is calm. Hahahahaha

Die Dying you mean the engine is going to kong out already?!

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
When in idling the rpm is below 1k in the traffic. In D the car is shaking like disco. When put it into N the car is calm. Hahahahaha

What rpm was it when it was shaking badly? If still relatively high, then go look at your engine mounts.

Dying as in .. "the engine suddenly mati"

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
What rpm was it when it was shaking badly? If still relatively high, then go look at your engine mounts.

Dying as in .. "the engine suddenly mati"

When shaking the Rpm is below 1k and Gear put it in D.

Dying is when I was going down from shopping mall & sliding down from road without stepping the gas then engine suddenly mati. After chaging ignition coil thoese thing didn't have any engine mati issue already.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
When shaking the Rpm is below 1k and Gear put it in D.

Dying is when I was going down from shopping mall & sliding down from road without stepping the gas then engine suddenly mati. After chaging ignition coil thoese thing didn't have any engine mati issue already.
If the engine no longer dies after your repair then have the engine tuned up. Should be less than RM60.
Not sure if your wira have the ISC thing. If yes, a broken gear teeth in the isc mechanism can cause erratic idling esp when the aircond is on. Broken gear in the ISC will register check engine light.

On the vibration, if after tune up and if its still vibrating too much when stopping in D then have a look at the crank pulley. U can try to pry it using a long screw driver. if its moving then the rubber damper is worn out. Less than RM200 to replacr if i still recall correctly. Worst case ut becomes loose and u lost charging from the alternator. Check in YT on how to mark the pulley to check for this.

On the mounting, just have a look at the mountings any abnormal shape such as dropped to the bottom or elongation of the mounting show sign of worn out mouting.
Most of the time worn out 2 bottom mounting will have tear in them.

A not torn mounting does not means they are in good shape. I replaced my engine mount last week (whole set) and the clearence of the gearbox to the frame increases by about 1 inch!.

Reactions: sweelt

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If his side mirrors are shaking that badly, then it's a good bet it's his mountings. Good thing those are inexpensive

I agree that he likely needs engine tuning; could be just someone overadvanced his timing.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
When Driving and stop the Gear is in D the car rattling is quite heavy. After you accelerate the rattling is gone. Althought I know is a old car problem. But may I know what is causing the rattling? Engine mount? or other thing?
Saw you already installed the front bar. Install a rear anti-roll bar too. It will the whole drive different for a Wira. Quite obvioius

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Wira Update
The engine suddenly mati when I was driving. Aircond & mp3 player still on.
i've had this issue few months ago.

While accelerating hard, engine died/stall. I was 'gliding' at 140kmh. i've tried to crank while gliding and stationary but fail to do so. after debug with mechanic and @parakey , found out the injector resistor kaput.

Reactions: sweelt

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

VDO! If you're having vibration like that - check a few things.

1. Check engine mounts. This usually affects idling, since your vibration only really happens when you drive, it's probably not this.
2. Check coil pack, spark plug cable and plugs, since you've changed this already - give it a few hundred KM for the ECU to adapt.
3. Check and clean the TB, if it's clogged with oil/carbon, it'll affect idle.
4. Clean the PCV valve. It's got a ball bearing type of shut-valve inside so use petrol or some sort of solvent to clean it.
5. I see the valve cover hose going to the intake pre-TB. That one carries a lot of oil fumes so perhaps add a OCT there.
6. Stick in a PDT1000 diagnostic tool and check what else could be causing problems and clear off the fault codes.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
VDO! If you're having vibration like that - check a few things.

1. Check engine mounts. This usually affects idling, since your vibration only really happens when you drive, it's probably not this.
2. Check coil pack, spark plug cable and plugs, since you've changed this already - give it a few hundred KM for the ECU to adapt.
3. Check and clean the TB, if it's clogged with oil/carbon, it'll affect idle.
4. Clean the PCV valve. It's got a ball bearing type of shut-valve inside so use petrol or some sort of solvent to clean it.
5. I see the valve cover hose going to the intake pre-TB. That one carries a lot of oil fumes so perhaps add a OCT there.
6. Stick in a PDT1000 diagnostic tool and check what else could be causing problems and clear off the fault codes.

This morning go and check and find out really is Engine mount issue.
2 koyak 2 starting to sink. Swap out those already.

They have diagnose for me already. They not sure what is the problem so they reset it and told me if the engine light pop up again bring back to them and check agn.

Reactions: Izso

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
The Old engine mouting took out from the car. No wonder so goyang la.
After changing it the car feel totally different. Minimal rattling not goyang like never end.

And I when they jack the car up I found out that the Ex-owner really potong spring on the car.
Walao,will swap out the old ABs & spring after I got more spare $$$

Attachments

Reactions: Izso

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
These are the code from my car. Any sifu know what is happening?
The technician say to me is 1 of the code maybe is the speedomter electric board issue.
1 is due to too many relay?Juz a lot of wire at the battery section need to re arrange the wire.
Other 2 not quire sure what is it

Attachments

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Last edited:

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
PO501 - http://lifebeginsatforty40.blogspot.com/2013/12/p0501-v-signal.html

P0113 & P0444- Indicates there's trouble with your intake air temperature sensor. That's the one located on the inlet pipe just after your air breather box - https://shopee.com.my/(ORIGINAL)-PROTON-WIRA-VDO-AIR-FLOW-SENSOR-(PW550609)-i.42866624.2296275005

P0170 - please refer to the picture attached

View attachment 576260
Thx a lot!!!!
Just now I had switch out the temperature sensor.

Code Po501 is it really major?I found out that when I speed uo until 100km/h it pop up. They had diagnosed for me the 2nd already still pop up.

Code P0170 so many possibility omg.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any1 has face this problem b4?? i hav send ti tyre shop to check my tyre twice & couldn't find where it leak??? after few days i pump my tyre... it flat again??? kind of fed-up already??
any1 can help???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience