Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
That's not normal. Wira brakes are generally pretty good in stock form.

- Service the brake servo and change the master pump and stick with ori. Upgrading to Evo pump is fine and all but you'll need to relearn how to brake as the pressure is significantly greater with the Evo one. Some people said it results in "on/off" brakes.
- Any Wira will be damn old so change all the brake lines to steel braided lines. Ori rubber lines will be so soft it expands very easily.
- Change to good brake pads. Avoid pads like metalking as they only bite after they warm up. Cold it's pretty useless.
- Consider upgrading to GSR calipers. The oil channels inside the GSR caliper isn't that much bigger than stock Wira so pedal feel doesn't change much. But the piston is much bigger so you get better bite.
- Upgrade the rears to discs from the Satria GTI or Putra. If you do this get both front and back if you haven't already bought the GSR front. GSR rears need some modification so avoid.
- Use DOT 4 or 5.1 oil.
- Flush your oil system and ensure there's no leak.
Evo pump is too much. It will be like On/Off like what you said. Tested one of the unit at the workshop. Not my taste.
i'm planning to change to braided hose.
can recommend good brake pads? Use Trestor before. It has a lot of dust.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Evo pump is too much. It will be like On/Off like what you said. Tested one of the unit at the workshop. Not my taste.
You want dustless over performance. If used in mostly city drive then Bendix General CT will do. CT is Ceramic Technology, good for cold bite but cannot withstand too high heat as these are entry level pads. Metal King like bro. Izso mentioned good when hot will also be dusty

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
had e3 brakes on my saga... not great.

the brakes originally on the car were imo not great in a pickle but with the e3 pump, it bit way too hard. You do get used to the way it stops so you will learn to feather the brake over time but, in a situation where you panic and suddenly slam on the brakes, you will lock up.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
There's lots out there. Try them all and find the one that suites you. I personally like Trestor advantage, Ferodo Zero, Ultrex and EBC ultimax.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
You want dustless over performance. If used in mostly city drive then Bendix General CT will do. CT is Ceramic Technology, good for cold bite but cannot withstand too high heat as these are entry level pads. Metal King like bro. Izso mentioned good when hot will also be dusty
cold bite suits me. Always short drive and low speed. thanks all.

BTW, where can I but Pro-RS braided hose? Can recommend a genuine seller?

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
cold bite suits me. Always short drive and low speed. thanks all.

BTW, where can I but Pro-RS braided hose? Can recommend a genuine seller?
7 years ago for my Mark X I bought at Kakimotor Sunway coz they offered the best price I could find back then but nowadays I find them more expensive. So for my Swift Sport last year I bought at SpeedZ Icon also in Sunway, much cheaper. Try also ask Rev Performance in Sunway also, they usually can give competitive prices.

Reactions: minibeany

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
There's lots out there. Try them all and find the one that suites you. I personally like Trestor advantage, Ferodo Zero, Ultrex and EBC ultimax.
EBC Ultimax are the black pads, which are OEM replacement only. Next higher should be EBC Green

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru

Since I got it so I juz put aside 1st. After checking everything is fine. If I swap the drum brake to a wira & putra rear disk brake is it ok?

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Ok,the car I bought is with 15inch damn ugly fake bbs rims.Hope they fit.
haha... i'm hearing "money", "money" sound. Going to empty your pocket...

you can try swap with other Owner in Facebook Wira MDM Malaysia Group. Some people are interested in that BBS design.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
haha... i'm hearing "money", "money" sound. Going to empty your pocket...

you can try swap with other Owner in Facebook Wira MDM Malaysia Group. Some people are interested in that BBS design.
Juz step by step. Bcoz December I will take this car to KL so need to make sure the basic thing is in good condition. And also the ex owner had rip off the sound proof for the rear trunk damn is so loud.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Juz step by step. Bcoz December I will take this car to KL so need to make sure the basic thing is in good condition. And also the ex owner had rip off the sound proof for the rear trunk damn is so loud.
Slow and steady lah...later from daily ride the car becomes a project car....heheh

Dont forget to check all water hoses and that include the steel pipe which runs under the exhaust manifold which tend to leak and kinda hard to replace. Go for ori pipe as cheaper parts are just cheap in term of everything. Once done dont be stingy and uses tap water in the cooling system. Be a macho man and used 100% branded premix coolant.I am proud to say i am macho with my BLM and Waja and Pajero...hahaha.
Its worth it in the long run, trust me.
Last time i tend to use only one bottle and top up with water.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Since I got it so I juz put aside 1st. After checking everything is fine. If I swap the drum brake to a wira & putra rear disk brake is it ok?
In term of contact surface, drum brakes are better than disc but the main problem is heat dispersion. My 2 ton Pajero is using drums as the back but it still stops beautifully coz its well adjusted. 2 click of the handbrake is all thats needed to stop it from rolling back at an incline.

Service the current drums brake first, get it properly adjusted and u are good to go. When i adjust the rear drums i always allow a slight..very slight drag on the drums when the handbrake is down. This way braking is a lot better in term of response.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Slow and steady lah...later from daily ride the car becomes a project car....heheh

Dont forget to check all water hoses and that include the steel pipe which runs under the exhaust manifold which tend to leak and kinda hard to replace. Go for ori pipe as cheaper parts are just cheap in term of everything. Once done dont be stingy and uses tap water in the cooling system. Be a macho man and used 100% branded premix coolant.I am proud to say i am macho with my BLM and Waja and Pajero...hahaha.
Its worth it in the long run, trust me.
Last time i tend to use only one bottle and top up with water.
Will do so.After my friend know I bought a wira he starting to brainwash me 4g93T swap. I was like no $$ no talk lah. But luckily I haven't mod my jazz.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Why would you want to put nitrous oxide injection in your car?

Because it's the easiest, most powerful and cheapest way to produce horsepower!
I get a lot of emails with questions about nitrous, "what's nitrous?", "how does it work?", "will it blow up my engine?", "how much does it cost?". The purpose of these pages is to answer questions like this, my goal is to have something here for everyone, from complete beginners to experienced nitrous heads.

Pls visit pro Nos Tuning...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience