Rm8k Wira ownership experience-A long way to go

• Updates: New Bump Button / Bigger Fonts / Thread Thumbnails added to all forum channels / Explore Similar Threads after reading any post / Dark Mode selectable via header lightbulb / Bigger text / Navigation bar Updated / Try Dark Mode - Select Light / Dark from the footer area / Hi All, the forums have just been upgraded, please bear with us while it is being improved as we speak - May 19 2020 0000hrs (Post your feedback here: FAQ Help)

parakey

parakey

Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
How do I describ ah....
Like tatatatatatatatatata. I had ask the mechanic but he didn't recommend me to adjust the teppet.
He say the car all running fine from his experience. If really one to adjust he say will have some power lost. Sorry for my broken English because hw saying in Chinese I had to translate.hahahhahaaha
That tatatatatatatatatata sound normally you can hear from cars climbing hills on too high a gear.

vr2turbo

15 Year | Platinum
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

15 Year | Platinum
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Keep an eye on the new cable for some time. You dont want to get caught with pants down again. How much for this impromptu fix?
Does your car consume engine oil? If not, get the tappets adjusted. It wont rob it of power. In fact, when properly adjusted, you get better performance. While you are at it, check your engine's base timing hasnt been fiddled before.
If not getting the performance means loss of power dy, so actually kena rob of power......hahhahhahahha

vr2turbo

15 Year | Platinum
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

15 Year | Platinum
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I juz wanna look clean on the battery site there. Bcoz a lot if wire are attaching to the battery and I dont know what wire is for what.

Or should I say kemas the wire. Have a better wire management. Hahahahahhaha
You try looking for those wire concealer, usually use to hide wires behind those desktop PC. Use that to put your wires in, then will look neat......lol

KHNG940413

KHNG940413

Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Keep an eye on the new cable for some time. You dont want to get caught with pants down again. How much for this impromptu fix?
Does your car consume engine oil? If not, get the tappets adjusted. It wont rob it of power. In fact, when properly adjusted, you get better performance. While you are at it, check your engine's base timing hasnt been fiddled before.
Nope didn't consume any oil. I will go to workshop check after raya.

lsm1991

lsm1991

Sep 30, 2011
PJ
You try looking for those wire concealer, usually use to hide wires behind those desktop PC. Use that to put your wires in, then will look neat......lol
those cables, in the enginebay ok ka? wont melt? have been contemplating putting those sheaths on all visible cables

KHNG940413

KHNG940413

Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
These are the wire that is attaching my battery.
What I remember some are attached to the reverse camera,see the big white one?direct attach to the alternator.
And other? Not sure what they are use for. Hahahahaha

Attachments

KHNG940413

KHNG940413

Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira update

So,Otw back home I juz drop by the shop I usually repair my car. Went for adjust tappet.
What I knew after adjust,the sound is much more lower. And it won't have those drowning sound while down shifting(usually have some pop pop sounds in the exhaust
Teken minyak is more linear.
So RM45 well spent I guess?Hahahahahha

Thx for the advice @parakey

Attachments

gunnerzz

5 Year | Silver

gunnerzz

5 Year | Silver
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Top half of the engine looks very clean.
Your plug cables, make sure its secure to whatever bracket there is on the valve cover, no good to leave it dangling soo close to the extractor.

Reactions: minibeany

gunnerzz

5 Year | Silver

gunnerzz

5 Year | Silver
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
What I remember some are attached to the reverse camera,see the big white one?direct attach to the alternator.
Just like when i first go the pajero which got some unknown wiring. It already has front spotlight. We went on to add additional fog lamp to the front, rear spotlight, power height adjusted seat from Honda SM4, twin aircond fan, and some other equipment so u can image the added mess.

End up buying proper relay socket and fuse socket, arranging it in a row and at place it wont disturb access to other component, labelled them, properly taped them with wiring tape. Its better now.

I prefer wiring tape as the plastic casing will rot over time.

KHNG940413

KHNG940413

Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Just like when i first go the pajero which got some unknown wiring. It already has front spotlight. We went on to add additional fog lamp to the front, rear spotlight, power height adjusted seat from Honda SM4, twin aircond fan, and some other equipment so u can image the added mess.

End up buying proper relay socket and fuse socket, arranging it in a row and at place it wont disturb access to other component, labelled them, properly taped them with wiring tape. Its better now.

I prefer wiring tape as the plastic casing will rot over time.
Mine is same as your case. Fog light wire reverse camera wire and other unkwon wire don't know for what purpose.
I am really bad at wire thing so I might as well find someone who know how to sort this out for me and relocate at a better place.

vr2turbo

15 Year | Platinum
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

15 Year | Platinum
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wire in engine bay leave it loh. My VR I add a lot of earth wires all over also......hhahhaha

vr2turbo

15 Year | Platinum
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

15 Year | Platinum
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You saw how the man did it. Next time you can invest in a set of feeler gauge and DIY

My daughter's tool box have, but I have never attempt to adjust. Need to know how and how much to adjust, but anyway my VR is hydraulic lifters, probably same goes for my hyundai. Chery never touch, Subaru worse, cannot reach......lol

sweelt

sweelt

Nov 6, 2016
Penang
cons of doing swap when u lack experience and you're not familiar with the workshop. because of this, i had to learn about cars. i had zero knowledge about cars before i did my engine swap. hahaha. thanks to @Izso and @vr2turbo and the other gangs for helping me build up my knowledge.

you can read through my old thread here - http://www.zerotohundred.com/forums/index.php?threads/need-advice-4g93-sohc-auto-semput.460300/
same here :smokin:before engine swap i duno shit about car diy. My mech ocassionally "hengggg" which made me start digging google, digging from group adviced and diy.

• Haha
Reactions: sanekit

sweelt

sweelt

Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Yup,I know in the end c99 will be more powerful. But I had put a lot of effort in this car is kinda sad if I sell it. Hahahaha

Starting the car drive like shxt.
And now the car start become way more better campare the 1st time I drive.
No more squeaking,
no rattle like gempa bumi while idling,
no queking sound while corner(potong spring)
Aircond sibeh sejuk(more faster cold then my jazz)
u done pretty much already. Drive as it it until u boring. Then drop in gsr/mivec legally = New driving experienced. :driver: