Rm8k Wira ownership experience-A long way to go

• Updated Latest Activity Bar for Forums main page / Bump Button for The Marketplace / Bigger Fonts / Thread Thumbnails / Similar Threads after post / Dark Mode via header lightbulb / Hi All, the forums have just been upgraded, please bear with us while it is being improved - May 30 2030hrs Please post any feedback here: FAQ Help

minibeany

Known Member

minibeany

Known Member
Apr 30, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
good for you.
mine just gave me a surprise with the "Check engine" light on. Connect to ODB and found O2 sensor failure. What will be the impact of the failure? Didn't have time to replace the sensor yet.

KHNG940413

Known Member

KHNG940413

Known Member
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
good for you.
mine just gave me a surprise with the "Check engine" light on. Connect to ODB and found O2 sensor failure. What will be the impact of the failure? Didn't have time to replace the sensor yet.
Need to see after the diagnose what is the code.
Mine always pop up check engine light is due to the meter sensor issue.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
good for you.
Instead of long explanation just copy from Mr. Google.....lol

Symptoms of a Bad Oxygen Sensor
When you have a bad oxygen sensor, your vehicle will run less efficiently, it can sometimes have a poor idle, erratic jerking at steady throttle, hard starting problems, cause the check engine light to come on, and will cause high fuel consumption.

Reactions: minibeany

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
good for you.
It'll kill your power and FC will be bad

sanekit

1,500 RPM Member

sanekit

1,500 RPM Member
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
LAST TIME I bought a pcs is RM180 for my jazz.Now the price raise to RM200+ a pcs. Hope the Re004 came out will drop the price agn.

Really wanna swap my wira tyre with my jazz since I am the one who drive morr aggressive. Hahahahahah
some place places got clearance of 2019 tires. just need to browse on FB marketplace or mudah. price really went up for RE003.

sweelt

2,000 RPM Member

sweelt

2,000 RPM Member
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Instead of long explanation just copy from Mr. Google.....lol

Symptoms of a Bad Oxygen Sensor
When you have a bad oxygen sensor, your vehicle will run less efficiently, it can sometimes have a poor idle, erratic jerking at steady throttle, hard starting problems, cause the check engine light to come on, and will cause high fuel consumption.
ECU will playsafe, run at rich mixture too.

KHNG940413

Known Member

KHNG940413

Known Member
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira Update.

Anybody facing issue while acceleration the car shake. Like the pedal and other bottom part thing start to shake? When drive slow no problem. Juz when you accelerate it start to shake.

My mechanic say is the drive shaft rosak.
Changing a pair of drive shaft + gear oil + gearbox oil seal ( forgot the name, some seal put at flywheel or clutch something.)+labour=RM650
Is it the price reasonable?

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wira Update.

Anybody facing issue while acceleration the car shake. Like the pedal and other bottom part thing start to shake? When drive slow no problem. Juz when you accelerate it start to shake.

My mechanic say is the drive shaft rosak.
Changing a pair of drive shaft + gear oil + gearbox oil seal ( forgot the name, some seal put at flywheel or clutch something.)+labour=RM650
Is it the price reasonable?
Price is not too bad. New drive shafts or refurbished ones?

I dunno about the shaking problem though - might be driveshaft, might be some sensor somewhere (check with the PDT1000 device for errors if any) and might be fuel filter. I dunno.

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
so far still ok. but better change it before it is too late. Send to Izso garage :nurse:
it's easy to change mah. DIY best. If you drive it all the way to my place you still need to wait for it to cool down otherwise damn hot to touch

KHNG940413

Known Member

KHNG940413

Known Member
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Price is not too bad. New drive shafts or refurbished ones?

I dunno about the shaking problem though - might be driveshaft, might be some sensor somewhere (check with the PDT1000 device for errors if any) and might be fuel filter. I dunno.
New one. Diagnose already. Ni problem juz always the speedo & high voltage issue always pop up only. My fuel filter had been changed.
May I know if chg drive shaft will they open the gearbox? Is so I also wanna buy a set of clutch set and ask them to help me install while changing the drive shaft.

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
New one. Diagnose already. Ni problem juz always the speedo & high voltage issue always pop up only. My fuel filter had been changed.
May I know if chg drive shaft will they open the gearbox? Is so I also wanna buy a set of clutch set and ask them to help me install while changing the drive shaft.
drive shafts just need to jack up the car only. Is there a problem with your clutch? To change it out you need to lower the GB.

KHNG940413

Known Member

KHNG940413

Known Member
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
drive shafts just need to jack up the car only. Is there a problem with your clutch? To change it out you need to lower the GB.
Bcoz the old clutch is around 40% tread while install to my car. So might as well change it if they got open the gearbox. Consider to take a set of excedy clutch set.

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bcoz the old clutch is around 40% tread while install to my car. So might as well change it if they got open the gearbox. Consider to take a set of excedy clutch set.
Go back to stock la. Excedy maybe too hard? I dunno. Get something with a lot of springs.

It's not part of the drive shaft replacement but if you wanna do it might as well do it together. Maybe save on workmanship