1. Bump posts missing? We are spring cleaning the Forums so these posts are being removed to optimize the database further. Don't be concerned, you can continue to do whatever you do. Will be developing the site further as well through the coming weeks so do watch out for those! You can close this notice now
    Dismiss Notice

Rm8k Wira ownership experience-A long way to go

Discussion in 'Car Talk' started by KHNG940413, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

ok. VDO is better in fuel economy is better than MMC. But MMC is easier to mess with. VDO is self adapting so imho it's easier to play with but quite difficult to mess with.

Because VDO is self adapting it uses a lot of sensors vs the MMC. These sensors are all wear and tear so it's worth checking them out and replacing them. O2 x 1, MAP, crank, cam sensors swap them all out. Ignition coil, ignition cables swap them out. TB is a question mark because if it's not broken, don't touch it. The mechanism inside the TB is bloody sensitive. Knock it a bit whilst cleaning then you'll need to get the PDT scanner to reset and clear the fault code. If you don't clear the code the car will run really rough. Also a car this old better have a look at the brake lines, if got budget swap to steel braided ones. I recommend Supercircuit ones.

You want better FC get a PNP head, skim the head down and use the Wira SE header or an aftermarket header. Then use a 2" exhaust system throughout with a quiet rear muffler. Throw in a resonator if it's still too loud. Forget about s-flow or twister exhausts, straight good old fashioned exhaust is better even for autos. Use lightweight 15" rims and if you want to upgrade the brakes the GSR ones are PNP. You can get a lot of extras like Satria GTI rear arms to have the ARB link brackets on the arms itself so can use dogbone type ARB. Also the Satria GTI power steering rack is faster if you're looking for better steering feel. Also a front strut tower bar will improve driving feel. If you still want more can go for UR side bars and fender bars to complete the set. The front ARB just use the GSR one.

Satria GTI seats or Putra seats are PNP too and are way better than stock seats. Oh if you can find one, the Satria GTI R3 is the best Satria out there and it's road legal seam welded from factory. Rare but the best. Else get a Wira C99 car. Avoid the 1.3 at all costs.

Good luck with your search.

2. KHNG940413

KHNG940413 Active Member

Noted with Thx!!! I will take note on those thing!!
    I read alot about The throttle body is sensitive. So I might not touch that 1st.
    I saw the owner had swap out the old brake with some Nissan 2pot brake. I had test drive once is quite nice for the braking.
    This sunday will check out agn with my fren. If everything is ok I will take the car

Izso likes this.
  3. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

What are the specs?

4. KHNG940413

KHNG940413 Active Member

1.5 4g15 VDO Auto 2007 i think is a C97 body. Not aeroback

15inch rim, Nissan 2pot brake, adjustable (will swap out), exhaust is stock. I think the owner had change the rear to s flow.

5. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Open the boot and check the spare wheel area for rust. If there is a lot of water be careful as it will need a lot of rubber to be replaced or that it could be caused by a severe accident. Check that all lights is not an aquarium - if there is water in the tail lights or front, check that nothing is shorted or rust and crusty wiring.

6. parakey

parakey Senior Member

With regards to Wira, my 2 sen is to check the chassis/body. The other parts can be easily replaced.

If car was recently resprayed, please check the roof, rear fenders, doors & boot for patched up jobs. Pay particular attention to the roof. If you find putty there, walk away. On second thought, dont walk. Run instead

7. vr2turbo

vr2turbo 5 Year | Silver
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Yah! the famous wira roof rust......lol

8. sweelt

sweelt Well-Known Member

If raining season, good to spot for leaked. If really want the car, ask owner park outside for rain exposure.
    Feel the car carpet, raise up all car mats check bottom got water vapor/spot, car smell ?. Dash board position, doors...
    Like sifus mention...rust and accident dents, chassis condition. Need good eyes and experience.

9. gunnerzz

gunnerzz 5 Year | Silver

Sounds like a de-mod car.
    Check thoroughly or organize a TT session by inviting ZTH members to view the car.

10. parakey

parakey Senior Member

I believe he's in Johor. You're the nearest ZTH member.

11. gunnerzz

gunnerzz 5 Year | Silver

Eh..nobody from JB?

You guys all got snail bolted to the engine....a trip to JB is good to clean the carbon build up from travelling in the city. My EX5 will take years to reach JB...hahahah

12. parakey

parakey Senior Member

Sec while I open my bonnet. Nope. No snail in there.

Snail is VR2turbo and 6UE5T

13. vr2turbo

vr2turbo 5 Year | Silver
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Marsahll have, Sweelt have, HorYan have......lol

14. sweelt

sweelt Well-Known Member

Like i mentioned. powah car use to go buy breakfast, bring daugther out, go market, go LRT.... Etc

15. parakey

parakey Senior Member

Sweetlt too far away. Now that you mentioned it, Marshall goes to Johor frequently, and is familiar with Proton products.

16. KHNG940413

KHNG940413 Active Member

The paint is still in decent shape. Juz the rear boot have some little crack the
    This is the picture I took when I go and take a look. Is in quite decent shape...... I guess? WhatsApp Image 2019-08-15 at 6.52.59 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-08-15 at 6.53.00 PM (1).jpeg

17. KHNG940413

KHNG940413 Active Member

Will look deeply on this sunday. Since I got a lot of time and patient:biggrin:
    hahahahahahaha

18. KHNG940413

KHNG940413 Active Member

Any ZTH member at JB? Hahahahaha
    I think is not demod. Juz the owner lazy to took out the part so juz direct sell like this.Hahahahaha

19. gunnerzz

gunnerzz 5 Year | Silver

Thats a Nissan brake servo there but i fotgot which model. A friend got the same servo in his saga which is paired with Evo front caliper. PCD is now 114.

I can see the PCV hose is missing from the valve cover to the intake pipe.

Open pod filter with no heat shield is s**t to drive when the weather is hot or stuck in jam.

20. KHNG940413

KHNG940413 Active Member

The open pod I will also swap out for the Original air box. The pvc hose is at which area? Sorry I not sure where is the pvc hose missing?:adore:

#60 KHNG940413, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019