Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Update.
This Sunday going to look at another Wira.
Now only realise wira engine have different version. MMC & VDO.
The 1 I am Looking is a 1.5 VDO auto. Any Sifu know need to look out for anything?Thx

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Update.
This Sunday going to look at another Wira.
Now only realise wira engine have different version. MMC & VDO.
The 1 I am Looking is a 1.5 VDO auto. Any Sifu know need to look out for anything?Thx
MMC = Mitsubishi, VDO = Siemens ECU. Those plan to mod will look for MMC.
Go join Wira MDM group in FB. Can ask questions and search for parts

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
MMC = Mitsubishi, VDO = Siemens ECU. Those plan to mod will look for MMC.
Go join Wira MDM group in FB. Can ask questions and search for parts
Ok,noted. Not going to mod since I just take to work or go to KL for some trip only. I do consider to change some old stuff out for new parts like throttle body, ignition coil & coil plug since the car is 2007.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ok,noted. Not going to mod since I just take to work or go to KL for some trip only. I do consider to change some old stuff out for new parts like throttle body, ignition coil & coil plug since the car is 2007.
ok. VDO is better in fuel economy is better than MMC. But MMC is easier to mess with. VDO is self adapting so imho it's easier to play with but quite difficult to mess with.

Because VDO is self adapting it uses a lot of sensors vs the MMC. These sensors are all wear and tear so it's worth checking them out and replacing them. O2 x 1, MAP, crank, cam sensors swap them all out. Ignition coil, ignition cables swap them out. TB is a question mark because if it's not broken, don't touch it. The mechanism inside the TB is bloody sensitive. Knock it a bit whilst cleaning then you'll need to get the PDT scanner to reset and clear the fault code. If you don't clear the code the car will run really rough. Also a car this old better have a look at the brake lines, if got budget swap to steel braided ones. I recommend Supercircuit ones.

You want better FC get a PNP head, skim the head down and use the Wira SE header or an aftermarket header. Then use a 2" exhaust system throughout with a quiet rear muffler. Throw in a resonator if it's still too loud. Forget about s-flow or twister exhausts, straight good old fashioned exhaust is better even for autos. Use lightweight 15" rims and if you want to upgrade the brakes the GSR ones are PNP. You can get a lot of extras like Satria GTI rear arms to have the ARB link brackets on the arms itself so can use dogbone type ARB. Also the Satria GTI power steering rack is faster if you're looking for better steering feel. Also a front strut tower bar will improve driving feel. If you still want more can go for UR side bars and fender bars to complete the set. The front ARB just use the GSR one.

Satria GTI seats or Putra seats are PNP too and are way better than stock seats. Oh if you can find one, the Satria GTI R3 is the best Satria out there and it's road legal seam welded from factory. Rare but the best. Else get a Wira C99 car. Avoid the 1.3 at all costs.

Good luck with your search.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
ok. VDO is better in fuel economy is better than MMC. But MMC is easier to mess with. VDO is self adapting so imho it's easier to play with but quite difficult to mess with.

Because VDO is self adapting it uses a lot of sensors vs the MMC. These sensors are all wear and tear so it's worth checking them out and replacing them. O2 x 1, MAP, crank, cam sensors swap them all out. Ignition coil, ignition cables swap them out. TB is a question mark because if it's not broken, don't touch it. The mechanism inside the TB is bloody sensitive. Knock it a bit whilst cleaning then you'll need to get the PDT scanner to reset and clear the fault code. If you don't clear the code the car will run really rough. Also a car this old better have a look at the brake lines, if got budget swap to steel braided ones. I recommend Supercircuit ones.

You want better FC get a PNP head, skim the head down and use the Wira SE header or an aftermarket header. Then use a 2" exhaust system throughout with a quiet rear muffler. Throw in a resonator if it's still too loud. Forget about s-flow or twister exhausts, straight good old fashioned exhaust is better even for autos. Use lightweight 15" rims and if you want to upgrade the brakes the GSR ones are PNP. You can get a lot of extras like Satria GTI rear arms to have the ARB link brackets on the arms itself so can use dogbone type ARB. Also the Satria GTI power steering rack is faster if you're looking for better steering feel. Also a front strut tower bar will improve driving feel. If you still want more can go for UR side bars and fender bars to complete the set. The front ARB just use the GSR one.

Satria GTI seats or Putra seats are PNP too and are way better than stock seats. Oh if you can find one, the Satria GTI R3 is the best Satria out there and it's road legal seam welded from factory. Rare but the best. Else get a Wira C99 car. Avoid the 1.3 at all costs.

Good luck with your search.

Noted with Thx!!! I will take note on those thing!!
I read alot about The throttle body is sensitive. So I might not touch that 1st.
I saw the owner had swap out the old brake with some Nissan 2pot brake. I had test drive once is quite nice for the braking.
This sunday will check out agn with my fren. If everything is ok I will take the car

Reactions: Izso

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Noted with Thx!!! I will take note on those thing!!
I read alot about The throttle body is sensitive. So I might not touch that 1st.
I saw the owner had swap out the old brake with some Nissan 2pot brake. I had test drive once is quite nice for the braking.
This sunday will check out agn with my fren. If everything is ok I will take the car
What are the specs?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
1.5 4g15 VDO Auto 2007 i think is a C97 body. Not aeroback

15inch rim, Nissan 2pot brake, adjustable (will swap out), exhaust is stock. I think the owner had change the rear to s flow.
Open the boot and check the spare wheel area for rust. If there is a lot of water be careful as it will need a lot of rubber to be replaced or that it could be caused by a severe accident. Check that all lights is not an aquarium - if there is water in the tail lights or front, check that nothing is shorted or rust and crusty wiring.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ive been putting a lot of thought into starting a business , handphones especially. everyone owns a handphone and everyone i know change them ever so frequently . My question is , If you were to start your own handphone shop , where would you start and how would you go about it ? ( i really dont know btw , hehehe )

Your thoughts and opinion would really help , Cheers !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience