Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
EBC Ultimax are the black pads, which are OEM replacement only. Next higher should be EBC Green
Ultimax is plenty for street use. I tried them before and with the way I brake they don't fade either.

Will do so.After my friend know I bought a wira he starting to brainwash me 4g93T swap. I was like no $$ no talk lah. But luckily I haven't mod my jazz.
Actually - if you mod supporting mods like suspension, brakes, handling, you might not need the power up. Cuz a nimble car is more fun than a car that just goes fast straight.

Reactions: minibeany

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Ultimax is plenty for street use. I tried them before and with the way I brake they don't fade either.

Actually - if you mod supporting mods like suspension, brakes, handling, you might not need the power up. Cuz a nimble car is more fun than a car that just goes fast straight.
I DO consider swap a set of new Front & rear lower arm since they are not very expensive and they do improve handling & ride quality if I am not wrong?

After finish up brake my plan is do swap a set of Gab SE series fully adjustable since they are not bloody expensive like 1.5k something. Juz step by step.

And 1 most important thing. Dash cam!!!
Last time my myvi kena hit by a lorry luckily I got dashcam. Go inside polis station meet Sargent didn't stay for 5minute come out already. Bcoz dashcam say it all.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Slow and steady lah...later from daily ride the car becomes a project car....heheh

Dont forget to check all water hoses and that include the steel pipe which runs under the exhaust manifold which tend to leak and kinda hard to replace. Go for ori pipe as cheaper parts are just cheap in term of everything. Once done dont be stingy and uses tap water in the cooling system. Be a macho man and used 100% branded premix coolant.I am proud to say i am macho with my BLM and Waja and Pajero...hahaha.
Its worth it in the long run, trust me.
Last time i tend to use only one bottle and top up with water.
Since you're driving to long distance better to ensure the pipe and temperature is in good condition. Car at this age is prone to temperature sensor issue. It took me a while to fix that. I was not able to drive at all. Temperature started to rise once I'm caught in traffic jams. Air-cond cut off and blowing hot air. Ended as what gunnerzz said, I changed all the pipes, service the radiator (full of mud) and change a temperature sensor too.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Since you're driving to long distance better to ensure the pipe and temperature is in good condition. Car at this age is prone to temperature sensor issue. It took me a while to fix that. I was not able to drive at all. Temperature started to rise once I'm caught in traffic jams. Air-cond cut off and blowing hot air. Ended as what gunnerzz said, I changed all the pipes, service the radiator (full of mud) and change a temperature sensor too.
I doubt if it's anything to do with your temp sensor. It only takes readings. Your radiator is inefficient and temps overheat while in standstill traffic.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I DO consider swap a set of new Front & rear lower arm since they are not very expensive and they do improve handling & ride quality if I am not wrong?

After finish up brake my plan is do swap a set of Gab SE series fully adjustable since they are not bloody expensive like 1.5k something. Juz step by step.

And 1 most important thing. Dash cam!!!
Last time my myvi kena hit by a lorry luckily I got dashcam. Go inside polis station meet Sargent didn't stay for 5minute come out already. Bcoz dashcam say it all.
Adjustable....i will avoid this one. Most people just buy whatever set there is on the shop shelf. Most of the time the spring rate is 6k front and 4k rear. I rode in a friend 1.6 wira with hilo HWL 6k/4k and its not the sort of car that i can live with on daily basis.

I strongly suggest u install some strut bars first. Bars will make your ride handles a lot better even on stock suspension. My recommendation is to get front strut bar, front lower bar and rear arb(16mm is enough) Its night and day different. Bars are install and forget item. If u got extra then u can go for cabin bar. Then only u work on the suspension. Having a very firm suspension and very flexible car is not a good combo as handling can become unpredictable at the edge or when cornering at uneven road if u decide to push it.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Adjustable....i will avoid this one. Most people just buy whatever set there is on the shop shelf. Most of the time the spring rate is 6k front and 4k rear. I rode in a friend 1.6 wira with hilo HWL 6k/4k and its not the sort of car that i can live with on daily basis.

I strongly suggest u install some strut bars first. Bars will make your ride handles a lot better even on stock suspension. My recommendation is to get front strut bar, front lower bar and rear arb(16mm is enough) Its night and day different. Bars are install and forget item. If u got extra then u can go for cabin bar. Then only u work on the suspension. Having a very firm suspension and very flexible car is not a good combo as handling can become unpredictable at the edge or when cornering at uneven road if u decide to push it.
Strut bar is also inside my plan
Rear anti roll bar & rear strut since the car have front strut bar already.

Absorbe if I am not going to adjustable I wilk go back to Kyb excel G since they are pretty nice cheap absorber. Use it on my myvi before really satisfy.
Another thing is Wira stock height very low? Mine front 2 finger rear 3 1/2 finger although didn't affect my daily but I feel quite low. I see my neighbors wira also not so low. Btw this wira is still in stock absorber & spring I wonder is it worn out already.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira Update

I had sold the subwoofer at the rear trunk.
May I know is the amp still usefull for my normal door speaker & 2.0 full range speaker? if not I will also plug out and sell it.hahahahaha

This is the ride height I when I bought it. Is it any possible been potong spring? I didn't feel any bouncy and stiff ride. Juz curious only.

Attachments

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Wira Update

May I know is the amp still usefull for my normal door speaker & 2.0 full range speaker? if not I will also plug out and sell it.hahahahaha

This is the ride height I when I bought it. Is it any possible been potong spring? I didn't feel any bouncy and stiff ride. Juz curious only.
A standard Wira doesn’t come with door speakers. Most likely the previous owner installed a component speaker set. That’s explain why there is an amp too.

Not sure what kind of sound quality you’re expecting. The amp surely can power up your 2.0 full range. You have to carefully tune it to work well with your mid bass from the door speaker.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Absorbe if I am not going to adjustable I wilk go back to Kyb excel G since they are pretty nice cheap absorber. Use it on my myvi before really satisfy.
Another thing is Wira stock height very low? Mine front 2 finger rear 3 1/2 finger although didn't affect my daily but I feel quite low. I see my neighbors wira also not so low. Btw this wira is still in stock absorber & spring I wonder is it worn out already.
if u appreciate how a car handle the add the front lower 4 point bar. This will greatly improve steering input response and feedback. U will know what the front end is up to.

The rear u install the arb first and drive around for 1-2 month. having the front upper strut might make the rear too stiff and oversteer out of nowhere when u are pushing it.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Wira Update

The height does not look like std spring height to me. Potong spring sure produce bouncy ride.

Spring do have a lifespan but a very long one. If the spring is very old then it no longer be able to hold load thus it might drop an inch or two.

On yr car, i suspect its a rojak combo of absorber and spring.Could be using parts from Waja.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

dont cut the springs. for all you know, the po has already messed with the height alittle

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wira Update

I can't see the sides of the amp - dunno how many channel is the amp. If it has more than 2 channels I don't see why you can't use it for your speakers.

That tyre doesn't look standard. I can't see what size is the tyre but Wira 15" should be using 195/55/15 or 195/50/15. That tyre of yours looks way bigger.

Probably not potong spring la, but I'm pretty sure that's not standard height. Need to jack up and see

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Would like to ask my clutch feels soft and does not return immediately after press. feels like no pressure.

im guessing it is the clutch master cylinder. car running on twin plate exedy. current pump stock gsr ck.

Can i send to repair at normal service workshop, with normal spare parts? my normal workshop quite far and dont think i can drive there.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience