RM115k for new Proton R3 or Top Up for DC5

ap3xi

Known Member
Apr 8, 2005
I think the car will sold out fast, no problems. If i have the money and time, i will buy a second hand neo, strip everything and rebuild from there. More power, lighter chassis, recaro spg, momo, BBS, body color of your choice and TWICE THE SATISFACTION!

dawg

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Selangor
dawgsevo.blogspot.com
i think what the original poster meant is proton neoS2000 not honda s2000. proton neos2000 does produce 280hp
Yep I was referring to the Satria Neo S2000. (Complicating eh? They used the same code)... This was made for Rallying. Karamjit has had experience driving it (left hand drive).

That engine does churn our 280hp from NA. If this engine can produce 280, take the same engine, and downtune it to at least 200-220hp (should reduce cost significantly as for NA to get 280hp is CRAZY expensive. dropping the power by 60hp should reduce the cost by a tonne!

Now with a 220hp on this Lotus R3 Satria, who's gonna look down on it and say it doesnt have a recaro or a bucket seat? I'd say sign me up for a test drive! The seats/ steering/ rims can be changed to your preference, but a 145hp engine vs a 220 hp engine is not as easily changeable. Even if they priced the 220hp engine RM150k, it's still a head turner. The fact that it is now able to be used to compare with FD2R, DC5, it will even make MME or 1000km endurance race exciting to watch becase Proton is now a real competitor.

145hp for 1.6litre is still unable to beat what honda had done 13 years ago as stated by another forumer. Heck dont compare to b16b, this engine already lose to b16a, 4age..

The rest of the car package is delicious, only the engine and horsepower is the let down. Plonk in a 2.0litre 220hp engine and they can now afford to yell WHO's THE DADDY NOW PUNK!...

nurburing

Known Member
Feb 21, 2010
Penang
What I can say, Proton marketing skills are terrible. They just want to prove their CamPro CPS power, shuld have make a special edition Neo's but keep the price just around 60-70k.

115k is just not there yet, coz Proton donot have that kind of reputation yet, and yes a stupid 145hp car, on wheel maybe 110hp needs OHLIN ? OMG !

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
What I can say, Proton marketing skills are terrible. They just want to prove their CamPro CPS power, shuld have make a special edition Neo's but keep the price just around 60-70k.

115k is just not there yet, coz Proton donot have that kind of reputation yet, and yes a stupid 145hp car, on wheel maybe 110hp needs OHLIN ? OMG !
hey dude please be respectful and understand the whole picture of the production before putting it to words. they have all the rights to put even an Aragosta suspension or Brembo GT 10 pot brakes if they want to coz its their game. 145hp is not as stupid as you think it is. Its just that it would be nicer to have an extra 50hp to complement this special build. cheers

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
aiiyooo padang kilat you beat me to it... i was about to post the same reply ha ha ha!!! F1 tak turun?

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
awww come on guys,chill a lil....no matter how many crap cars Proton haf presented in d past n present,let's gif 'em a chance.yes,i myself m still labeling them loco 4 pricing d Neo Lotus Racing @ such.but thn again,dis came frm d R3 ppl who r also car enthusiasts n they shud know better abt our local car enthusiasts' market & scene.i m quite sure they haf done their homework slapping on d price tag.n all dis call 4 more powah rm Proton,heck,who doesn't want it?but it's d new age ler.....all manufacturers hafta pass thru strict emission tests,no?i wonder if Honda's 185ps B16B will pass d current emission test?
in short,as a manufacturer,they r quite tied down.while v r car enthusiast,who can mod til kingdom comes(or as long as ur pocket can tahan,hahahahah).....
anyway,i'm stil hoping 2 meet dis Neo Lotus Racing 1 day(preferably on track).time 2 renew me car's roadtax...dah 2 bulan x jalan!hahaahha

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
What I can say, Proton marketing skills are terrible.......shuld have make a special edition Neo's but keep the price just around 60-70k.
U understand nuts about marketing n business. Special Editions are expensive not just becoz of its exclusivity/rarity. But because of their small numbers, they can't benefit from economies of scale to get prices down like the mass produced ones...

Last edited:

nurburing

Known Member
Feb 21, 2010
Penang
well then, I apologize if I post too harsh. but face the reality, I dont really care what proton wants to put nor any special editions they want to make. in this picture they are borrowing extreme upgrades but with campro cps, so what are they trying to proof ? their cps ofcoz. but this is a rather unwise way. who gonna buy ? i really like to see, and i am waiting to see other 90's cars ready to spank this 115k satria neo on the track, looking forward to it. i sat inside gti before and i know the difference of it and a cps. is this 115k cps really good, can take on mivec, vtec, vvti ? to me, i donot think so.
i can also simply take any car mix with other upgrades n make 10 cars in the whole globe n call it LIMITED EDITION or COLLECTIBLES....problem is it gonna work out that way ?

Last edited:

Emp

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
JB
Hmm.....so it's like a special bread compared to some normal cakes huh:rolleyes:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
well then, I apologize if I post too harsh. but face the reality, I dont really care what proton wants to put nor any special editions they want to make. in this picture they are borrowing extreme upgrades but with campro cps, so what are they trying to proof ? their cps ofcoz. but this is a rather unwise way. who gonna buy ? i really like to see, and i am waiting to see other 90's cars ready to spank this 115k satria neo on the track, looking forward to it. i sat inside gti before and i know the difference of it and a cps. is this 115k cps really good, can take on mivec, vtec, vvti ? to me, i donot think so.
i can also simply take any car mix with other upgrades n make 10 cars in the whole globe n call it LIMITED EDITION or COLLECTIBLES....problem is it gonna work out that way ?
halo dude. they got nothing to prove coz this limited edition is to commemorate the proton-lotus partnership that's all. well, maybe yes they wanna show that the campro is capable of churning 145hp but honestly, u know and i know that there A LOT of other cars can beat this car on the track or straight road. so why bark as if this car is like your greatest contender or sumthing. have you not seen other automobile manufacturers producing limited edition/collectible cars? and please give us a good example (with statistics) of a failed limited edition/collectibles automobile marketing (ie couldnt be sold due to price/unattractiveness etc).

bring your pessismistic thoughts somewhere else la bro.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
OK la...i may have been a tad harsh on u. But the point i was trying to make is that its not quite as simple as you gather it to be...

And taking from what lightningfield pointed out, its important to put things into perspective. Now what honda did with the b-series engine was exceptional, some say even astonishing. How many car manufacturers were able to match that feat? Boleh kire sebelah jari beb. Even the likes of toyota and mitsu merely got the nombors from their engines close to what honda had, but still lost out in terms of real world performance. So what honda did was exceptional. Now is the campro 1.6 anywhere close to being exceptional?? So whats the point of pitching it against the VTEC, MIVEC, VVTI as 1) its stating the obvious and 2) Its just too easy to do (to attack/condem)... so by putting things into perspective what r3 have done is not all that bad...

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Come on guys...horsepower is not everything...the MK1 Lotus Elise just got 118 bhp! I had driven it and I would say thats enough for us to have some fun. I believe this Neo R3LE with the package it has will give a good fun level too. Another fun car is the MX-5, the 2009 model has 2.0-litre engine with just 167 bhp (whereas our K20A 220hp) and it's not even a limited edition model. Why people don't complain on this mx-5 I'm sure the price is well over rm200k.
This neo r3LE is limited edition...thats why it has the RM115k pricetag....thats all. I think before giving any bad comments, better drive the car first...I'm sure it's well engineered and performs well at Sepang...

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Sorry to say, but as far as i drove proton suck.. but neo do hav a good hot hatch look.. And the price tag problem ly on 'Gov' not proton.. dun shoot me..

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
AP racing brakes, Ohlin coilovers, advanti rims, 145PS and 115k RM doesn't rhythm..

i believe they could have spent more time on R&D and slap on a turbo to make it 220hp on a AWD system that they used for their rally and then include all the bombastic brands for their parts.
Seems like they are trying to keep price down but want to add super expensive parts.

Anyway from my point of view, a brand new neo cps only cost 60k, we can spend 20k to do a custom turbo set up and bring its output up to 220hp(with reliability). spend another 5k on average branded BBK, 5k on avg japanese coilovers, 5k on japanese rims, 5k on exterior bodykit, cf bonnet etc and probably another 8k on bucket seats.

total cost = 60+20+5+5+5+5+8= 108k
this is just a estimated figure and i believe proton has the expertise and better economy of scale than a ordinary car enthusiast and this figure could be further much reduced. So probably they are trying to earn a huge chunk out of their current limited edition.

just my 2 cents...don't flame me :)

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi
I have a 2005 model Proton Waja 1.6 automatic. Recently I notices that when I switched on the head lamp the "R" indicator light was on slightly when I was driving the car, and the right signal light blink faster than normal when I make a right turn.

No such problem is observed if I do not switch on the head lamp.

Any one encountered similar problem and any suggested solution ?

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience