RM 8000 Head lamp - Damaged by Mother Nature but Restore by MD Guru KC

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
My buddy went off overseas for some years & upon return he found his pair of Xenon Head lamp

as they have too many cars but very less of shaded place

the last series, in my Hands on Car detailing clinic , we talk about restoring oxidized Head Lamp...due to car wash ...aggressive sanding by road side ..... due to wear & tear http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-detailing-forums/398613-the-complete-car-detailing-hands-on-clinic-by-malaysia-car-detailing-guru-kcs.html

2 factor contributing to such oxidations,
firstly the roadside foam wash (harsh chemicals & sponge use during washes) often this sponge soaked & filled with dirt, grim and sand that is not wash away became - TA DA sand paper) try to send for just one wash on just detail black car and check out the finishing
this is the 2 most thrased exterior part of the car (our halogen uses heat the filament to a greater degree create light during night use -Reflector optics) and sun during the day..and combine with the roadside sand paper wash..ta da.. it is just like scrapping off the UV resistance protector, worst still if it is Projector (polyellipsoidal) with a High-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps

BUT as for this pair.....it was hardly washed by others, hardly driven at night but still the damages
so, he went to check out this pair of replacement Xenon - it cost more than RM8k

look at the extreme close up pic (was shot by a PAS camera)

evenly chalked up by mother nature threads

completely washed out by Mother nature ( as we are in Tropical Rain forest - full with acid rains as well)

see again

extreme close up

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always like to take up impossible task, as if I fail....no one can blame me....but If i succeed ...It must be the Higher hands

before pic

after polished with PlastX Clear Plastic with rotary, both wool & foam pad at 1500 rpm

close up

ta da

....isnt that a money shot????? convincing enough

another extreme make over

close up shot

see again

close up

how can I just walk away (closing a blind eye) - although it only took me less than 30 minutes to get each side done.......

I CHOOSE NOT.... but FACING THE GIANT Facing the Giants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

inspired and reminded by this movie......i took up the challenge

for the next 4 hours.....

taping the side of the paint & chrome parts.....ensuring it is protected when sanding take place - safety come first

1. after taping non affected area (3-4 ply of taping)
2. SANDING begin Lube with ONR (invest in a sanding backing plate - i trim in smaller for these curvy areas)
2a. Begin with - 1500 grit
2b. followed with - 2000 grit
2c. Finish off with -2500 grit

an evenly sanded pic
[/IMG]

Restoration continues with polishing off
Opt Hyper spray Compound - OPT double side wool Pad then Step down to 3" wool pad @ 1500 RPM rotary

finishing off with OPT Hyper spray polish - OPT double sided foam pad & 3" polishing pad @ 1200 rpm finishing at 600 rpm

from here

ta da

it was OPTI COAT protected

tested with fire - xenon lighting

I could have save my time & effort by walking away.....

choose this day

to face or not to face......that thin line make a huge difference....

thanks for viewing yet another head lamp restoration guide

cheerios

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
sweet..... instead of settling for half past six work.... u went all da way and save the owner 8k.... that is worth the effort.

JiMastra

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
superb outcome bro.. speechless to see the end result.. now its more of like a new head lamp already. respect super sifu!

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
epic restoration has just gone to another stage. f***king epic restoration

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
that was one of the epic turnout on the mini headlamp. great work Doc KC! :nurse:

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Sweet restore unker!!!
cannot call unker, must call handsome unker :biggrin:

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Fuiyoh!!!! Sifu at work!!!

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
hahaha seech y u so humble, u also sifu maaa. are u going to be at the detailing clinic on march 3rd?

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
nice do up.. by the way what car is that?

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Wow.. great job.. my headlamp also turn into like that..

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
sweet..... instead of settling for half past six work.... u went all da way and save the owner 8k.... that is worth the effort.
thanks buddy...it wonderful to read your posting too....we actually saved the ride...it was a 22 hours job...this is just only 1 part

superb outcome bro.. speechless to see the end result.. now its more of like a new head lamp already. respect super sifu!
Thanks Jimastra...u too can be super...come to join me in my next detailing clinic

Hi Nishantdarsha ...u too can do it

that is the reason of my thread ...to share with you step by step how i did it

hats off mate!!respect !!
HI buddy nbocturnal...with just a little patience & plenty of passion u can do it too

epic restoration has just gone to another stage. epic restoration

EPIC IS EPIC no ing behind.....let yr yes be yes & no be no......
thanks buddy

Still waiting for your epic posting...how long more le....???

Sweet restore unker!!!
Thank buddy ...So lets keep our date & dates ya...

that was one of the epic turnout on the mini headlamp. great work Doc KC! :nurse:

cannot call unker, must call handsome unker :biggrin:
thank you sir

Fuiyoh!!!! Sifu at work!!!
Looks who is talking ...the most famous Detailer

Speechless result...
Thanks buddy

nice do up.. by the way what car is that?
Thanks buddy l2s

Wow.. great job.. my headlamp also turn into like that..
come & be train.....u then go and restore others

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Firsly i am a noob here,just on the process of learning,my question is i am going to bot on my kelisa,so can a safc II,safc-neo or e-manage tune back my ecu after i bot?some people told me safc cant tune it back and told me to use e-manage,so i need sifu sifu out there to help me on this,really confuse on this,so sifu sifu please help a noob here thank you very much :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience