Reviews of BS Potenza RE002

LucasChng

Known Member
Sep 17, 2012
DELETED
Guys, I was searching all over the thread about this tires review. Actually whats wrong with this tires? :confused:
Can't seem to find much information on this tires. Recently I just downgraded from 17'' - 15'' and got a pair of 205/50 to fit in a 7.5JJ rims.

After few days of using, went to G.Highlands for a test drive middle of the midnight around 2am. The grip is what I can say, amazing. I don't even felt the tire was even under pressure, force going thru corner faster and faster & it don't even show any slippage. On rainy days, it performs unbelievably well.

My friend suppose to change his tires too, after few days using this. Recommend him to use those. Feedback was slightly noisy abit, grip was better than his previous PS3. Ride is slightly bumpy, that's all. He said that, what do you expect for a performance tire to be? Comfort? He was happy to trade some noise for much more grip.

Any users out there having any reviews on this? But suppose I was searching around because that time I haven't fitted the tires. Glad that I bought this :biggrin:

205/40R17 Falken 522 to 205/45R17 Dunlop Formula D01 to 205/50R15 Potenza RE002

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
How much you paid for it?

LucasChng

Known Member
Sep 17, 2012
DELETED
How much you paid for it?
I got it from my supplier 244 per pcs, cash & carry.

^ that. I got a quote for about 1.3k for a set. The guy also said it's uber noisy. Any comments on this?
I was on few settings recently, -3deg / -1.5deg / 0deg camber settings on frt & rear.

-0 deg - quite noisy if go on some road with rough pavements, new road pavements, much more silent.
-1.5 deg - more the same, reduce abit from 0 deg.
-3 deg - instantly noise reduction, not so noticeable.

Those mostly caused by the tyre contact on the road i guess. currently on -1.5 deg

Last edited:

LucasChng

Known Member
Sep 17, 2012
DELETED
Dang that's good price.

How's the grip on all 3 settings eh? Noticeable change?
0 deg. I didn't tested that. Just a normal driving cause tires was still new

-3 deg was the review on the first post.

Yesterday got it adjusted on -1.5 deg, went uphill for a test but its drizzling and the road is wet. On the wet, If you drive like auntie, uncle. I can 100% confirm that you wont / never / ever feel a slip. I don't know how to describe the wet grip, but I can say is. It performs slightly better than my old Falken ZE522 on the dry road.

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
0 deg. I didn't tested that. Just a normal driving cause tires was still new

-3 deg was the review on the first post.

Yesterday got it adjusted on -1.5 deg, went uphill for a test but its drizzling and the road is wet. On the wet, If you drive like auntie, uncle. I can 100% confirm that you wont / never / ever feel a slip. I don't know how to describe the wet grip, but I can say is. It performs slightly better than my old Falken ZE522 on the dry road.
I've read that it grips good on wet. That sounds interesting. Maybe I should go ahead and get myself a set.

LucasChng

Known Member
Sep 17, 2012
DELETED
I've read that it grips good on wet. That sounds interesting. Maybe I should go ahead and get myself a set.
If you say on the wet road normal & fast driving, I can say is you fell much more safer. By going touge uphill on wet road, I mean you have some superman balls to do it. Who touge on a rainy day!!?? :rofl: I went there just to test my tires, new settings & just hope for the road was dry which is not. :biggrin:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
If you say on the wet road normal & fast driving, I can say is you fell much more safer. By going touge uphill on wet road, I mean you have some superman balls to do it. Who touge on a rainy day!!?? :rofl: I went there just to test my tires, new settings & just hope for the road was dry which is not. :biggrin:
Only poor people who tries to learn to drift. :driver:
Nah I haven't tried touge of any sort. It's for me getting to and off work quickly. That's all. :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
RE002 is 205/50/15 size? That's interesting. I didn't know they came in this size, I thought RSR was the only one with this size.

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
been using re002 since july..size 205/50/16..price rm330..driving it 120km+- daily for work..
tyre dont have traction, treadware & temp rating..tyre abit noise but bearable..grip in wet is ok la..in dry the tyre perform very well..lane changing also smooth..sidewall stiffer then 001..treadware abit fast..that is according to my driving only..

LucasChng

Known Member
Sep 17, 2012
DELETED
been using re002 since july..size 205/50/16..price rm330..driving it 120km+- daily for work..
tyre dont have traction, treadware & temp rating..tyre abit noise but bearable..grip in wet is ok la..in dry the tyre perform very well..lane changing also smooth..sidewall stiffer then 001..treadware abit fast..that is according to my driving only..
Hmm, mine have those ratings wo. Weird.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

RE002 is 205/50/15 size? That's interesting. I didn't know they came in this size, I thought RSR was the only one with this size.
I search it on the net and found it. Ask the supplier to find, which he say was rare need to find first. Luckily found it and mfg year 14

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Chevrolet owners now have a full-fledged 3S facility in the city that is fully equipped with all the necessary state of the art equipment and professional service personnel to cater to their needs and demands.

The Chevrolet Kuala Lumpur facility that cost RM20 million is NAZA’s first Chevrolet 3S facility, ever since being appointed the sole distributor of the Chevrolet brand in Malaysia...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience