MINERAL
Plus/Plus Diesel 15w40 Mineral 4L RM65

Location is at Cheras, Tmn Connaught

:phone: 012-6123668, Teh Teng Hock

Cheers :regular_smile:

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
mr. the, has the price for Q8 oils gone up again. why is the price listed by you and nismofun different? 4 litres of F1 for RM189? that is RM9 difference.

even Eneos asof last week, Saturday to be exact i got the F1 from them was only RM180. i also bought the mineral at RM58 for 4 litres.

shops in SUnway also selling for RM180 and Excel for Rm155.

i wonder what the distributor is up to now.

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
The price has been like this for quite some time which is provided by the distributor himself. Hence any changes depends on the seller him/herself.

However, I can be very flexible too. If you get what I mean. I can lower down my profit by getting more customers. But, just to make things clear, this is the market price given by the distributor themselves.

Anyway, please pm, sms, call me for more details and like I mentioned, I can be extremely flexible. Thank you for asking

GTR2579

500 RPM
Mar 6, 2004
selayang-kepong
www.facebook.com
Q8 Formula F1_4 Liter_RM189
Q8 Formula Plus_4 Liter_RM65
Q8 Formula Excel_4 Liter_RM159

Above the price are FIX by Main Distributor (Mr Teng)

The nismofun's price is "Feb" old price. Please Take Note. Thank you.

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
mr. teh, i dont have anything against you, hope you dont misunderstand.

if that is the case, i would personally suggest

1. folks here to consider Royal Purple instead. their fully Synthetic is cheaper than Q8 although only by a few ringgit per quart, and could be even better. after looking how prices for Q8 going up after it has got so popular especially with the local motoring scene, which has all along i have predicted, i am giving it up after 25 months using them. besides, who knows Royal Purple may even outperform Q8. i will give it a try.

2. try to get from Eneos or shops in Sunway where the prices are still old prices as of last week. Maybe after my post all will be new price already.

3. 65 bucks for 4 litre mineral?

Royal Purple, here I come!

Last edited:

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
No offence taken bro,

I was just clarifying. I went to Eneos just now to check out, most of the Q8 oil products are already labelled with the new pricing. I have not personally tested Royal Purple before and neither have I heard any good or bad remarks about them in Malaysia's racing world YET. Thus I am in no position to question the quality of their product.

Most autocrossers find Q8 oils satisfying. I won't say that Q8 produce the best lubricant, but I can guarrantee it is one of the finest in the market. Compare oils like Motul, HKS, Castrol Magnetec; there isn't much difference in terms of pricing, but these names are most common among the racers. And the likes of the Khong brothers, Julian Pang....etc (sorry if I missed out any) are also using Q8 oils.

65 bucks for an imported 4 litre mineral. Expensive? I don't know as everybody is entitled to their own opinions, but I do know that even Shell Helix Super is not much cheaper. Although Royal Purple's lubricants are also imported but there are not much exposure yet and there are not much comments from any consumers which are convincing enough to prove that they are good. Hence, how are they going to sell at a higher price?

Last but never least, it is your decision and the consumer's decision. The price hike could be caused by other factors other than demand. Eventhough we know that our Q8 oil has satisfied tonnes of customers, hence the demand increase.

Thank you,
Teh

Last edited:

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
no worries mate, i also find the q8 good, which is why i was stuck with them for 25 months.

i have already anticipated this earlier though that the pricing will surely go up once it gets popular and this is what i felt uneasy about. what justifies the increase? are they going to use the reason crude oil increase again?

i wouldnt say Royal Purple is as good, better or worse than q8 as i have not used them myself, going to soon, but i do believe they are not too far from q8. they are also way more established than q8. yes, they are not known much in Malaysia, but they have been in the US racing scene for ages. redline is also good, but unfortunately the pricing has sort of killed them over here in Malaysia.

anyway i was told that royal Purple is only sold for 10-12 Sing Dollar per quart over in Singapore, i cant say how true is this, need to check it out myself.

if it is true, any idea how much q8 cost i Singapore and why do we have to pay so much in malaysia?

cheers mate.

Last edited:

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
damn, i was told that q8 is not API certified.

is this true? if yes, what does that mean? safe to use? does not meet standardss? or they are just working on it??

if not certified still can sell so expensive?

damn, how come i never check this before i start using?

bod

May 4, 2005
NA
aircooled said:
damn, i was told that q8 is not API certified.

is this true? if yes, what does that mean? safe to use? does not meet standardss? or they are just working on it??

if not certified still can sell so expensive?

damn, how come i never check this before i start using?
maybe you can check out this link...
http://www.q8oils.co.uk/automotiveoils.asp

cheers...

Last edited:

yeongk

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Just get my car change to Q8 Advance 10w40 semi-synth oil and cost RM90 and the new pricing is RM95 told by the shop.

Overview.... better than my previous United 10w30 semi-synth oil ... can feels the engine more smoothly and response when the time dring back ... suprs .... :)

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Lol.. know why Royal Purple dun need to purposely expose themselves here in M'sia? Because they're already so good that people are buying from them .. Once u try Royal Purple u won't even bother using any other oils ... Haha.. If it's not so damn expensive i would be using Royal Purple already.. Too bad for me.

Im driving 1.3 only ma.. I dun need RM100+ engine oils so desperately.. use the money for other things lol ...

Anyway Q8 for daily driven normal cars are not so useful la i guess. Unless u high-rev all the while n change oil often.. lol. Dah la Fuel price so high already..

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
nitrus said:
Lol.. know why Royal Purple dun need to purposely expose themselves here in M'sia? Because they're already so good that people are buying from them .. Once u try Royal Purple u won't even bother using any other oils ... Haha.. If it's not so damn expensive i would be using Royal Purple already.. Too bad for me.

Im driving 1.3 only ma.. I dun need RM100+ engine oils so desperately.. use the money for other things lol ...

Anyway Q8 for daily driven normal cars are not so useful la i guess. Unless u high-rev all the while n change oil often.. lol. Dah la Fuel price so high already..
Nitrus bro,

As I've stated, there're not many people who are using Royal Purple in Malaysia with not much public awareness. I'm not criticising Royal Purple or what, but to be honest, not many people in our country's racing world come across with the name Royal Purple.

You stated that Royal Purple don't need to expose themselves in M'sia? How true is that? And are people buying from them? To be frank, apart from Q8 bashers, nobody even mention about Royal Purple.

Alrite, as you've stated again, hi-revving is the onlything that Q8 oil is good? It proves that Royal Purple is no way there? Hence it's cheap? If you really need a cheap daily driven oil, consider Shell? Petronas? Total? Duckhams? Mobil?....etc. All these are better options, why pay more for a "mediocre" racing oil as our nitrus bro has stated? In my opinion, the Royal Purple has been producing good lubricants and has quite a good reputation in other countries.

Last edited:

MiTec-i

500 RPM
May 2, 2004
Kay L
www.teamfuze.rules.it
i have cheaper price than any1 here offering for Q8 Advance Semi-Syn 10w-40 oils.....cant reveal here.....cal if interested......012-5625949

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BMW has unveiled a video about the testing of the latest weapon at Autodrome de Miramas. The BMW is capable of a high speed of more than 300 km/h (app. 190 mph), Launch Control vs. smoky burnout, a wet handlingcourse. The BMW engineers are optimizing the new BMW M5 even for extreme conditions. Watch this awesome video on the new twin-turbo engine. Farewell V10, welcome to twin-turbo V8...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience