Review: Goodyear Eagle F1 Directional 5 - The Ultra High Performance tyre, Almost.

Discussion in 'News and Features' started by Tom, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Tom

Tom 15 Year | Platinum
    Helmet Clan

Re: Review: Goodyear Eagle F1 Directional 5 - The Ultra High Performance tyre, Almost

thanks for the additional detail ehdrian.

anyone who's got personal experience with the directional 5, please contribute your findings, we'd like to hear more from you

2. ehdrian

ehdrian I Don't Care!

Re: Review: Goodyear Eagle F1 Directional 5 - The Ultra High Performance tyre, Almost

No prob, Tom..

3. comrade

comrade 5 Year | Silver

Good.. Thankz a lot.

4. 6UE5t

6UE5t Senior Member

I'm currently using this tire for my Mark X for a few months now and my experience is more or less similar. Overall a good tire except a bit noisy.

5. comrade

comrade 5 Year | Silver

Noisy?.. Oh no... I've plan to change to this tyre, currently using pilot preceda (40% thread left). Btw thankz for the info. Anybody have comment/opinion/experience about goodyear f1 asymmetric 2? 205 55 16 price?

6. vr2turbo

vr2turbo 5 Year | Silver
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Hi Tom,
    To my understanding, these GY F1 D5 is to replace their aging GY GS-D3. The F1 Asy 2 is to replace their F1 Asy.....

The F1 D5 and F1 Asy 2 were launched together......
    [​IMG]

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Being directional, if the wear becomes uneven the noise will become louder...

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

GY F1 Asy 2 size start with 17" and with lower profile like 45 series....

#26 vr2turbo, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  7. Tom

Tom 15 Year | Platinum
    Helmet Clan

thanks for clearing the air vr2turbo

8. vr2turbo

vr2turbo 5 Year | Silver
    Helmet Clan Moderator

You are welcome.....

9. comrade

comrade 5 Year | Silver

Thankz guy's.. I really don't know much bout gy f1 asymm 2.. I mean bout the production size available.. Hmm that why i cannot find any 16 inch size in goodyear malaysia website. This tyre really have a good feedback from a few of expert from overseas, really want to test/try how it perform. Thankz again

10. 6UE5t

6UE5t Senior Member

Yeah, I would've bought the Asy if it's available in the sizes I was looking for. The D5 is the next best from GY. Just a little bit noisy but still acceptable IMHO.

11. vr2turbo

vr2turbo 5 Year | Silver
    Helmet Clan Moderator

At the tyre launch the "gwai loh" test driver in FD2, purposely push the car at the slalom curve at around 140kph with 2 passengers (me one of them), and it held well.....:driver:

12. BLaCkHoWLiNG

BLaCkHoWLiNG '(^^)|Most Awesome Member
    Helmet Clan Moderator

I have only one problem with all d eagle f1s I had before : emergency breaking. They skid and slide .... ASSY 1 and ASSY2 ... Mine is without ABS.

13. Yee

Yee Senior Member

road got oil :listen:

14. vr2turbo

vr2turbo 5 Year | Silver
    Helmet Clan Moderator

His ride too powerful......