Review: Bosch Engine Oil - Premium X7 5W40

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Nope no track lol, just city drive, typical na car out there. Using 2gr-fe engine, upon reaching 5k km eo mileage, the buttfeel difference is pretty significant. FC started to deteriorate, engine getting noisier especially cold start and sluggish. Which is why there is no way i can drag on to even 8k km unless i'm being ignorant to the tell tale signs of course haha.
2GR-FE, 3.5 litre? Estima, Alphard/Vellfire or RX350? Should be ordinary usage in these kind of cars.

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Many I read say up to 7k km start to feel engine not so smooth......lol
Which is why i'm intrigued on how some can extend the the OCI for SS EO to 12k km and beyond. Perhaps my senses aka buttfeel are too 'sensitive'? Haha

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Which is why i'm intrigued on how some can extend the the OCI for SS EO to 12k km and beyond. Perhaps my senses aka buttfeel are too 'sensitive'? Haha
We do not know how true is the picture he shown in the forum. I read from page 1 to 4 and found out the photo he shows, the engine oil clocked more than 11k kms mileage is still so clean. Mine after 4k kms mileage is dark in colour. Either the engine oil cleaning detergent is not doing it jobs or the engine oil he is using is superb.

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
We do not know how true is the picture he shown in the forum. I read from page 1 to 4 and found out the photo he shows, the engine oil clocked more than 11k kms mileage is still so clean. Mine after 4k kms mileage is dark in colour. Either the engine oil cleaning detergent is not doing it jobs or the engine oil he is using is superb.
Exactly. Funny thing is there is also no change in oil filter still.

Been using several renowned oil supplier(all using fully syn. oil) namely castrol, shell, motul, LM in the past and now mobil 1 but all shown otherwise, color goes dark at around 4-5k km of oil mileage. OCI done around 6-7k km mileage due to the mentioned tell tale signs from butt feel. Perhaps one can just ignore and push on on the pretense that the oil is still good? Furthermore even at Bitog, the oil filter is recommended to be replaced at 3-5k miles(5-8k km) of oil mileage if one intent to pursue an extended OCI. Also it wouldn't be accurate to compare apple to apple on the mileage of what EO is capable off since the climate parameters and exposure to the air contaminants are very much different.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Many I read say up to 7k km start to feel engine not so smooth......lol
You mean like me? lol.

K3VE* is a rather noisy engine if you ask me. Not that hard to tell. PP 5-30w memang ~7 to 8k km kaput dy.

And all the EO I use, after 2k km all also look like chocolate syrup but its still runny.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Engine oil cannot be still clean looking after it has been used in an engine....lol

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Exactly. Funny thing is there is also no change in oil filter still.

Been using several renowned oil supplier(all using fully syn. oil) namely castrol, shell, motul, LM in the past and now mobil 1 but all shown otherwise, color goes dark at around 4-5k km of oil mileage. OCI done around 6-7k km mileage due to the mentioned tell tale signs from butt feel. Perhaps one can just ignore and push on on the pretense that the oil is still good? Furthermore even at Bitog, the oil filter is recommended to be replaced at 3-5k miles(5-8k km) of oil mileage if one intent to pursue an extended OCI. Also it wouldn't be accurate to compare apple to apple on the mileage of what EO is capable off since the climate parameters and exposure to the air contaminants are very much different.
I used to prolong to 10k km on FS, not my internal are dark and dirty. Not advisable to change OCI late....

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

You mean like me? lol.

K3VE* is a rather noisy engine if you ask me. Not that hard to tell. PP 5-30w memang ~7 to 8k km kaput dy.

And all the EO I use, after 2k km all also look like chocolate syrup but its still runny.
Not only you, a few others too.....lol:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Maybe they don't really push the engine hard enough. Many people drive like that. Just enough gas to move the car. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm new here, sorry if posted on the wrong section.

I need some advice on fitting adjustable on my car, Budget is around RM1200 including adjusting and fitting (Preferable cheaper, avoiding eating maggie for the rest of the month :s:) . Saw a few brands out there suitable with my budget but don't know which to fit. Brands like Titan, GAB, Tanabe, HWL, Zerone. (Recommend to me if theres other brands out there which is good)

I'm looking for Hi/Low only. Purpose > Lowered, better...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience