Revamp of RX-7 Club

underslyder

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Dear All

Of course i am relatively new to RX7 (since last year) , i did attended a few drives with you guys and the maximum number of us is only 6 in KL....(of course some cannot wake up due to too early drive). Other than that, some TT here n there and most of the time organized by Mr KK13....(THUMBS UP DUDE!) therefore, i am not very sure who and what is Mazda Rx7 club is about anymore in Malaysia...i have owned Nissan 180sx (3 to be exact) and the activities such as drifting and tt session has been quite good (this part must thank mr Joe Han of drift house)...

Seriously, i have no regrets owning a RX 7 and the looks is ever beautiful and i believe most of you that i have met during TT and sunday morning drives believes the same as well...so why not activate back the club !

Whatever it takes, this club is all about the fun of gathering together participating in event and most importantly try not to make it into a profit driven club (you guys may exchange parts and sell to each other , bla bla bla)....

Not sure what i have said is correct or not as its pretty 1 sided opinion from myside, but i am very sure that RX 7 club is quite saddist and as i said before in previous forums, its like a Homeless child so everyone wonder around everywhere......

If you guys agree please have collective voice on what to do and opinions must be from RX7 owners only (FC, FD) ...

also please dun get me wrong i have no intention to be a club president at all , its just all for the sake of the car i own and the people i know that own such car....:driver:

Thank you thank you:itsme:

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
Hi Underslyder,

I know most of you new guys have never met or don't know that we actually have a President for the RX7 club. He is actually RERider but I don't know why he isn't very active on the zth forum these days. :hmmmm: I have actually invited him a few times for our TT sessions but I think he is always busy with work...

Since owning my car is 2009 there have hardly been any or official RX7 meets. It has just been me and Eng which have been in contact with different owners we meet. We normally invite everyone out for a yum-cha session or a drive to Ulu Yam on the weekends.

You may or may not also know that we had a big RX7 gathering in 2010. But that was a joint effort from many of the current / X owners :biggrin: and of course our fellow members from other states.

underslyder

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Anyways bros decision is your side , we respect whatever that helps , and glad we have president and well lets ask him to meet up and plan for us then?....chun? Mr president save us homeless Childs and unite us before we become mat bicycle

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
Hmmm...sounds like a good idea, maybe RERider can arrange a meet...It's been awhile also..

darkdark99

Known Member
Nov 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
totally agree with underslyder! even though i'm just new in this club, about 2 months, but after few times hanging out you guys, ulu yam, yam cha & empire show, i'm just damn enjoy hanging out with u guys. so, why don't we take it abit more seriously, let our club be more united, make it big, make it fun! let others FD/FC owner know they r not alone!! :bawling:and of course, in order to do this, we need Mr President to lead us, well i dun really see him now, where r u Mr. President???!!!

underslyder

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well Joewe called me yesterday while i was in a meeting, at first i wasnt sure who was it but he sms me back mentioned his name, i sms him twice after that, but no answer. Well its a working day and everyone got their own work to do right? anyways Joewe, feel free to call me again when you are free.

Also guys, lets just hope we can just continue to organize our own tt for friendship sake laa.... and see wat can come out from there

Brew

Apr 7, 2011
Sarawak
I also had just joined the forum not too long ago in search of knowledge and all from this community but indeed it is highly inactive. Nonetheless at least most of the information in the RE section is still intact. Hope to learn more from you guys and hopefully when I do drop by in KL, I'm able to meet some of you guys up. Cheers

Azraf

Jul 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
no need to wait for the president himself to show up everytime if he's too busy and we cannot just rely on one person to do it. I'm sure he has a deputy or a committee member that could organise a gatherings or TTs for the club. Who's the current committee member by the way? To revamp a club is a team effort guys. So whoever's available should take part. What we've been doing now is a great effort by KK13. Maybe we should put it up on the forum besides the usual smses to ask more members to join in.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Good to see new blood in the club.

My opinion on revamping the 7 club is to start things correctly;

1. Establish core commitee. This can be done when we have a meet up. To move things along, people like KK13 have been essential in whatever gathering, events, yum cha thus far. So my vote is for him to helm and then vote in the rest of the commitee.

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
Brew, yes you make a good point. When I first bought my car I had trouble finding out more about the rx7. Yes, the threads here helped me a bit at the start, but there was nothing like meeting other members and getting to know them and learning more about the rx7 from them.

Thanks phat7 for the support. Yes I agree that we should all meet up to dicuss the situation. This would not only help revive the rx7 club but also provide help and support to new owners. But nevertheless, I think RERider should speak up and update us all on what is happening with this club and where it is headed.

cwcham

Known Member
May 29, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I second phat7's vote for KK13 as the president. so far, i think he's been very reliable and committed when we have gatherings, tt's and touges. i trust that he could do the job well!

Brew

Apr 7, 2011
Sarawak
Yea, and I guess I could spearhead the RE club influence to the East once I get in touch with more RE petrolheads. everyone has a right to vote and I vote kk13 for the revamp-tion haha.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi SIFU's

I decide to get a sports car, on July after short listing a few models i decided to get either a GTR34 or an evo 9.

Now i need some help here, how do i compare this both rides? I wanna to know the pros and cons of these machine. I'm planin to own it for long time and i dont have a thick wallet to do mods on these so its gonna be more to stock HP from the car.

I hope some here can help me share their thoughs about this rides.It's an open topic feel free to talk bout this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience