1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
wangan midnight in my room

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
pretty fed up that manifold to engine gap is jammed. hope he could get it removed, he suggests to have it heated up with a torch and remove it when the metal expands, lets hope it works

anyways, heres the tire carrier, needs the shape to be properly adjusted before it being sent for galvanising, all rusts removed! damn thick

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
Before there was Mugen, there was Honda Racing Service Club, Started by Mr. Soichiro Honda and made famous by the Honda S800 RSC Fuji circuit car

The company has a strong racing heritage, as Hirotoshi Honda began building his own racing car in a workshop at his father's house, shortly before he graduated from Nihon University in 1965. Masao Kimura is a veteran racer with more than 50 victories in Honda sports cars and single-seaters and worked for Honda R&D and then Honda Racing Service before helping Hirotoshi Honda establish Mugen.

So I bought this pair of stickers and going to stick them to my windscreen, viva RSC oldschool tuner

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
nice. The rusted parts is always a nightmare. Keep it up. Nice old school stickers. I'm amazed at the speed you gather the parts.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
haha i have another old sticker coming, it comes with a vintage item stay tuned! lol

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

nice. The rusted parts is always a nightmare. Keep it up. Nice old school stickers. I'm amazed at the speed you gather the parts.
sometimes the parts just pop right up at the right time for me, during my purchase of my car, i managed to source hard to find carburetors from ebay australia, these were taken out from a 1964 model, which was an earlier model.

i didnt do enough research and realised the carbs wont fit, however, some guy in canada sold me the manifold adapter to make it fit, so i guess, its right time at the right place. i have a free window hinge from france, guy just gave it free and i just paid for postage

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
wow, you're certainly lucky. Its like you're fated to own the car.
I just got around to replacing the rear wire harness for my car to get the rear wiper working. Got trolled by honda engineers today, when the brake and signal lights were reversed on the japanese vs the local version. Took 15 mins to sort out. The 10 mins was for trying to unclip the pins to adapt to malaysian harness. LOL. Your old car should have minimal wiring, have you got checked them out? The wires are old, and might as well get then checked now while waiting for the engine to finish. Just check continuity anyway. It's going to be a headache to troubleshoot once it's in the car. Or did you somehow get new ones ordered?

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
i would say perhaps so, i almost ended up buying a nissan bluebird in the past, but that never materialised. but yeah, sometimes its darn fate. i could have ended up with other classics, but i picked this up at hand. maybe its luck that i pick this up, because i tend to be a very meticulous person. its perfect or no go, thats what i think

with shows like pimp my ride, it is easier to sell the idea to owning of these cars to my dad. i dont think my dad counts an 80s cars to be a classic, but presented with the idea of a 60s cars, the game changes. my dad hopes that this will serve as a motivational hobby (and also a street racing detterent) lol. but yeah life is short, haha, you can only do this kind of projects once in your life. maybe you could have more time in the future, but i would believe, as we age, time is limited, we will have family responsibilities to look at and business oppurtunities as well. we would perhaps end up buying a complete car than a complete wreck like this

i must say, there is limited access to tools that can make things work better. by watching wheelers dealers, i realise were so lacking compared to the british in terms of restoration tools. no wonder everyone else wants to transplant an engine, because its less labour intensive and much much easier. no one cared about originality. i would say, till today, my coupe, has the most original engine around south east asia. ive googled local south east asian forums, including thailand, which has a sizeable number of this cars. there are other convertibles with the original engine, namely one that thangoh (zth forumer) encountered in sg petani, but with the wrong carbs, it is a honda sm600 model, a rarer deluxe model, exactly the same as what jay leno owns. perhaps and hopefully he could convince him to sell, else i think there are about 10 S cars in malaysia, but none with the original engine. the closest complete car ive heard of is in singapore, a convertible

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
With family support it's all good. None of my family members are motorheads, so everything I had to mod under the radar. My mom just says that my car really powerful when I borrowed her the car as her city was in delivery, but she still doesn't know it's a 2l. :P. Anyway, my hobby is not driving fast, but rather the technical aspect interests me. I could have gone with a newer model, but that would mean less funds to buy the stuff I want to play with, like engine management, forged engine parts datalogging equipment, etc. Not to mention that cars aren't my only money pit. Lol.
Anyway, my mechanic, now more like friend actually, dissuaded me from the 240z. In some ways it's good because i'm not sure if I can complete the build with the kameari parts. Those are seriously the stuff to get for an l-series 240s. I'm still salivating over the seats until now lol. Recaro can't hold a candle to those old school seats.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
lol, my family isnt motorheads as well, my uncle however, is a motorhead, and have owned a fair bit of nice vehicles in his life. haha. i could only taste the thrill of driving a convertible in his now sold toyota mr-s greddy stage 1. but yeah all was good.

i didnt really, made my parents buy that car. i just needed the approval from my dad and garage space. i told them its merely an investment, and not a depreciating asset like most vehicles. haha, so u have a b20 huh, nice. ive missed my b18c2 days, owned an integra dc2 while in australia, it was a direct replacement to my 4g93 sohc Lancer CE II / CK (japan codes) engined vehicle. it was really good, love to hear the vtec roar and how i smoked the holden commodore 3.6 v6 on the lights. that affirmed my choice of choosing the car during test drive. note that owners are happy to give out the keys to u, to let u hammer the car till your happy, lol. they dont sit next to u while u do it. they let u have keys to the car and drive anywhere u desire, lol! but yeah that was a choice amongst 180sx, s13 silvias, nissan skyline r32 gts-t and mazda rx-7 FC. note that cops are also JPJ people, they check the emissions and always give these turbo cars a headache, urghh, similarly, DC2s are like largely ignored

well, its sometimes good to put your foot on the wild beyond, you dont know where might you step. you deal with dissapointments that things dont always go your way, basically its paid to deal with stress, but you know the end results are really good. you have a car that no one around the same block is gonna have and you will be standing out so much out there. its kinda like why peeps buy mustangs and stuffs in the states, to actualy stand out from the crowd. but yeah also to appreciate the original feel of the car. and yeah the old school bucket seats are sexy. did you read rocky auto's rb26dett transplant on the 240z in banzai magazine? its a bit unholy, but he made it into a form of art, it was just awesome to look at it

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
I wasn't meaning parental support = financial support. I mean support as in morale support. They don't bug you with "waste money buy old car, buy new one better!" thanks to everyone in my family with the thinking new=better, it's good i'm not living with my parents anymore since I finished school. don't need request garage space, because it's mine in the first place. :) house is kinda small though. The car parts take up almost half a room. (O_o)

Rb Engine swaps are good, but for me, it detracts from the whole point of building a classic. Unless the engine is unsourcable/unobtainable, But it's his car, his money and his choice.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
hahah, well, my mom was sold on the idea , it was an invesment. currently the s600 coupe values at 20k USDs and above. most expensive sold was jenson button's s600 fetching 40k GBP, but of course, he is jensen button, he would possess the midas touch and anything whom he had , would be gold right now, hahaha

but yeah i still live with my parents, realisation is , i could have bought a new car, maybe a myvi or a satria neo, but the neo was a hell of a non reliable car. my dad believed new cars were better, but i managed to change his mind and along the ways we've bought a used vehicle, though we had to dump 20k to get it back to shape again, lol

but yeah, to each their own, some say i could have dumped an f20c, but i find it ridiculous, considering the car came with the original engine, it would a sacrilege to do taht, lol! so yeah, stick to the original for me, unless the engine was long gone, lol

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
So I bought this Japanese Honda S600 Manual for my collection and also to show off during the usual car shows! Hahah

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
about rm2000 and 6 months, by collecting parts from various places, i had to hunt juscos around KL, lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifu's

Need some advise wether is there any advantages if i install a v-afc into my
6a12 engine?coz one of my frend told me that itz activates my valve timing system and plays something like mivec or v tec!!is it true??plz advise thankz:itsme:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience