Replace Gear Oil

Steve@

Dec 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, is there anyone here change gear oil for is250? Some forum mentioned gear oil has been fully sealed and better don't change it. My ride was 5 years since production but Millage only 54km. Not sure need to do any replacement or not? Hope any sifu here can advice..

robbies15

Aug 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hey there..ed78 you had it the opposite..

gearbox oil is world standard so you dont have to change it under normal driving conditions and rear diff oil change it every 30k or every 2 years..

cheers

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

gearbox oil is world standard so you dont have to change it under normal driving conditions and rear diff oil change it every 30k or every 2 years..

cheers
hahahhahaha..........silap.........

bro could you list the types fluids and the recomended changes?

xfuture

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
PJ
I've replaced my car differential oil @ last service.

TRD differential oil, gear changing alot faster. especially when dropping gears. the rubberband symptom is lesser.

Unite

Dec 1, 2010
sp
lexus car manual did not mention on diff oil usage.Anyone can share how many littre needed in is250?

Progressive

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003

cheers

I just changed my ATF Fuild ..... got a shock with the colour of the fluid...macam Nescafe colour

The new fluid is Redish in colour....

After changing the ATF....the gear change upshift faster than before and cruise much smoother.

Would recomend to change ATF and the GB Filter eventhough is a maintenance free.

Attachments

elephone

Known Member
May 29, 2005
KL Cheras
I just changed my ATF Fuild ..... got a shock with the colour of the fluid...macam Nescafe colour

The new fluid is Redish in colour....

After changing the ATF....the gear change upshift faster than before and cruise much smoother.

Would recomend to change ATF and the GB Filter eventhough is a maintenance free.
may i know where you change and how much it did.

Progressive

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
I did it at Vision

I brought my own ATF Oil ( 4litre x 2) & drain pan gasket . ( But they no longer accept parts brought along by yourself now)

So the only charges as below

ATF Oil Filter - RM 220
Labour - RM 80
Flushing Machine Pump - RM 50

tkew

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Any good workshop recomendation to do the ATF change beside vision ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Im planning to upgrade the exhaust system of a Satria Neo R3. Im looking for a 4-2-1 extractor/header with a straight flow muffler. Please share your thoughts on the preferred brands (and why), workshops, experiences, price and any other information regarding about the topic would be helpful :D

My budget is around 1.5k-2k but if there are other better options that exceeds 2k, Im all ears. I would like to keep my options open for now.

Thank you :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience