jeweltag

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
sorry guys what is an atf filter?? How much?? And where is it located? Thanks

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
the filter is recommended to change every 2 interval service i.e every 40000km if i am not mistaken...

jeweltag

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
i heard to replace this is a total pain in the ass, few hours and they need to remove rear seats! or am i wrong and that this part is actually accessible in one open space in the engine bay....? thanks

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

any diagrams to show where this filter is?

Progressive

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Its pretty straight forward.

You can access to the ATF Filter after you remove the ATF Oil Pan..

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

That black piece is the ATF Filter.... its inside the Oil Pan

jeweltag

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
thanks bro progressive... that means the filter comes in a kit with the gasket for the oil pan?

Progressive

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Nope, its a seperate item.

For a full service you need

1) Toyota ATF WS Fluid x 2 Tins ( 4 Litre Each , 1 for Flushing ; 1 for Fill Up)
2) ATF Oil Filter ( As above )
3) ATF Oil Pan Gasket

jeweltag

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
ok great thanks alot for the info... is taking off the oil pan to change the filter like some kinda of major op? should be an hours work right?:idea:

Unite

Dec 1, 2010
sp
In china is250 is no need to change ATF oil for normal drive.Only need to change Diff oil for rear gear box.

Progressive

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
ok great thanks alot for the info... is taking off the oil pan to change the filter like some kinda of major op? should be an hours work right?:idea:
It take about 2 hours..... need to idle the car for 30 mins in order to flush all the old fluid at every gear.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

In china is250 is no need to change ATF oil for normal drive.Only need to change Diff oil for rear gear box.
Yea, even in US it was not part of the maintenance schedule (Claimed Maintenance Free ) . But i take it as a preventive maintenance service. I dont believe fluids are maintenance free, the viscosity will wear down eventually. Wont take any chances on this. Just my 2 cents.

Note : BMW E90 & E60 initially claim their GB fluid are maintenance free , but after after several reports of GB failure ( due to our extreme weather ). There now are required to be replaced after a certain mileage under the BRSI schedule or warranty period.

IS 250

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Guys,

Did the reaplcement of ATF filter as well. The gear shifting is actually very much smoother than before. Glad I did it, and my ATF oil was kopi-o kau! :D So decided to flush it too. And it wasn't that long. I reckon if just the ATF oil change with the filter as well, it was like an hour.

IS 250

IS 250

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Steve,

I went to Vision Auto (Sunway). As fr the pric, I need to take a look at the receipt again, cant remember :D

is 250

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this morning my fren found that his car is gone when he going to work.....he suspect car get stolen by midnight.....his car is wira special edition black colour..wif engine 1.8 twin cam..16 sport rim..others all standard...location car stolen is sg.buloh new village...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience