Reopen BTS or reopen New Track in Klang Valley...

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
Racetrack junkies...

I've heard that
[SIZE=-1]Dato' Seri Azalina Dato' Othman, kementerian belia dan sukan last time mentioned that she suggested to reopen or relocate BTS (Batu Tiga Speedway)...something like that, a few month ago...

I'm not quite sure what's the exact news update...

but :

1) What's the current status on BTS, has it been completely demolished...last time i heard all the lalang have covered the area but still the track is there...

2) What's the current status on
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Dato' Seri Azalina Dato' Othman statement, was it just a saying or is it on proposal or else...

Let us dicuss it...or maybe perhaps open up a
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]petition , ( [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]http://www.petitiononline.com/ )...to support it...
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]

[/SIZE]

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
what happen to the luxurious home project that was suppose to be build there by khir toyol?

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
for your information:
batu tiga circuit has successfully been demolished. the new housing area is near full completion, first few phases of the area already have occupants living there. no more hope of rebuilding it at the old site. and i dont think there's any more land in shah alam that hasnt been developed/have enough room for a racetrack.

its okay. we can race our hearts out on the street (thats what i did). if we get booked, just tell the authorities:

"encik, track batu tiga sudah jadi rumah, track sepang tak bukak untuk trackday, tarak tempat lain mau main, jadi main atas highway la"

anyway, sports n youth ministry couldnt even care less about motorsports. those who can afford it, would go overseas to drive on other circuits. it's us "poor" enthusiasts who suffer from their greed to make new projects.

i have never seen/heard any cases of racetracks demolished to make way for housing areas elsewhere... those legendary mille miglia routes, famous european hillclimb mountain roads etc etc were not racetracks so they dont count.

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
i still remember that lady youth n sports minister statement when she was interviewed by reporters after the malaysian team won the pestabola..

"mereka bermain dgn baik,cuma perlu lebih pengetahuan dalam sains sukan"

OMG....what kind of statement is that,from the mouth of a related minister?

then open a sports complex in england?for what? for your daughter to practice ballet when she's studying overseas is it?

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
they only care about what are important to them, instead of what's important for the public.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
its okay. we're lucky that we still have public roads that we can unleash our anger. we have karak highway, KLIA highway, LPT highway, genting/bukit tinggi/fraser's hill/cameron hill roads etc etc. all not as good as GP courses but still offers the same adrenaline rush hehehe

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
"you closed BTS...that's why Mat Rempit appeared maaa...no place to play maaa"

i can always remember it... heeee

Throttle

Oct 31, 2007
Considering that the houses on the BTS site already completed, then its impossible to get BTS reopened. Lets discuss..... if we do need another small racetrack like BTS, where shld it be?

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
hmm, i was thinking somewhere in setia alam/meru/somewhere in that area. heavy developments there, and still got plenty more land undeveloped. not too far from town...

ProTiara

Known Member
Aug 14, 2005
Shah Alam
miss BTS very much....dat iz the regular event i used to hang around every saturday nitez.miss the taxi(track car) n all the all timer...

Throttle

Oct 31, 2007
Maybe they shld built one in the east coast area.... pahang maybe...

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
KL got one..JB got one...
maybe penang make one...
yea..pahang is good idea..land alot!

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
if there's a proper race track in pahang, ideally within 90 minutes drive from KL, opens every weekend like batu tiga and its rates are affordable, i think it would be a hit! i would go everytime my car is healthy!

Throttle

Oct 31, 2007
hmmm.... that would be nice...got any friends in pahang?

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
somewhere in the middle of nowhere would be nice...remember Jempol Drag strip? cut more palm oil trees to make a small track like johor, or some technical layout circuit like batu 3.

but they wont cut the trees as palm oil and rubbers price are sky high now...

no need race circuit la....come over to seremban i bring you go autotest...with very little car but challenging routes. hehe...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I decided to park my car on roadside at pj housing area main road, jln ss3/14, due to clutch pump leaked, only frm 7.15pm to 9pm, just now. I intended to force drive it on 2nd gear when traffic is clear at 9pm but when I arrived, found that driver's side door was unlocked, I was shocked that steering wasn't there, boot also left opened, my 2 spare tyre on rear seat also not in the same position as before, some wiring cut, i believe someone tried to start the engine but failed. It's just a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience