Remove Thermostart to cooling down water temp.

ericgtmythos

Known Member
Jan 6, 2010
Kedah
Hi all bro & sifu,

I have one doubts regarding the thermostart for 3s-gte, it was active function at 82c degree temp, more higher that Mit EVO (only 76c.).... so is that anybody have remove the thermostart totally to improve the water flow in order to improve the water cooling temp ?

By the way if without the thermostart will facing any abnormal problem??

I have never try it before so hope to get some advice from your guy who have try it before...:hmmmm:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
DO NOT remove the thermostat sir, optionally u can either 1. use a sport thermostat 2. bypass the fan temperature sensor and let the radiator fan operates 247, dis will definitely decrease the life span of dat rad fan, but its a better option then removing the thermostat.

google down for thermostat's function, its really crucial for the engine's operation. even those race cars use racing thermostat, which shud give u an idea on how important it is

ericgtmythos

Known Member
Jan 6, 2010
Kedah
DO NOT remove the thermostat sir, optionally u can either 1. use a sport thermostat 2. bypass the fan temperature sensor and let the radiator fan operates 247, dis will definitely decrease the life span of dat rad fan, but its a better option then removing the thermostat.

google down for thermostat's function, its really crucial for the engine's operation. even those race cars use racing thermostat, which shud give u an idea on how important it is
Thanks for your advice bro.....good info for acknowledge me...:smile:

kian27

Known Member
Sep 28, 2008
Petaling Jaya
don remove it!! u need longer time to warming up ur car, more engine wear, might affect fc etc..

the engineer put the thermostat will got the reason..

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
eric...there are sports thermostats that opens at a lower temperature...i saw 1 for sale that opens at 72deg. i think i saw somebody selling 1 at our marketplace...

ericgtmythos

Known Member
Jan 6, 2010
Kedah
Thanks all of you to give me kind of suggestion...:top:

I think will change the low temp thermostat as well..

Bro Arturo...i search the marketplace but not yet get it, if u can get pls link the address for me OK...Thanks..:adore:

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
very interesting topic bro eric!

is ur ride overheatin or ady getting more boost?

btw, u still using the TMIC?

mine reads 1/2 at normal operations...

ericgtmythos

Known Member
Jan 6, 2010
Kedah
very interesting topic bro eric!

is ur ride overheatin or ady getting more boost?

btw, u still using the TMIC?

mine reads 1/2 at normal operations...
Haha...Zeus.

My car now in-process overhaul.....just found may cause by over heating fact!! piston top melting........:bawling:..So need change the Piston & etc.......But not regarding high boost cause only maintain 1bar during track day..

:hmmmm: wat is TMIC ??

So how ur " 1/2 at normal operations " ?? actually wat ur purpose of operation??? upgrade???:burnout::burnout:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
u need to search y the engine overheated and lead to piston melting, or it might occur again sir

ericgtmythos

Known Member
Jan 6, 2010
Kedah
u need to search y the engine overheated and lead to piston melting, or it might occur again sir
Agree with u, now my tuner under analysis, 1st suspected is fuel supply in lean condition during high rev...will base on the setting & check again the air/fuel ratio after engine rebuilt..:smokin:

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
my thermostat was stucked open last time... took it a very long time to reach operating temp during cold starts.....

highway runs/rainy days water temp becomes too cold=>engine runs rich+>makan minyak

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm having trouble finding repairs here in California. The brake pads of my LFA needs to be replaced that's why I need to go to a car repair shop as soon as possible.

Please help. :confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience