Remote start with Aircond ON

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
Hi folks,

Just purchased a remote start-able alarm. Would like to find out whether is ok to start the car together with aircond on? I mean we have always be adviced by ppl to avoid starting the car with aircond on....

What say u guys?

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
maybe once awhile is okay kua...now i hardly use the remote start edi...i feel better turning the key to the rumble of my crank...

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Better dont use it too offen as they start whn ur car havent finish checking engine for error...
mine also have auto start but didnt use it after i realise it...
aircond on when u start ur car is ok but start whn the check engine light still on is very danger...the most normal thing will spoil is the injector of the car...
good luck...

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
Better dont use it too offen as they start whn ur car havent finish checking engine for error...
mine also have auto start but didnt use it after i realise it...
aircond on when u start ur car is ok but start whn the check engine light still on is very danger...the most normal thing will spoil is the injector of the car...
good luck...
which brand of auto start alarm u use?

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
haha for 6 years i never off my air cond when i start my car... and i never wait until the check engine light will go off.. actually they advise us to off our air cond is bcoz.. it will save our battery.. so that the battery wont have so much load.... another thing they advise us to wait until the check engine light come otu is because.. is to maek sure all our sensor working then start.. is safer if one of our sensor is not working it will damage our engine...
they ask us to off our air cond b4 starting is to safe our battery life span.. .. as everybody know the first crank is using battery.. after that our car is run by the alternator.. if u on the air cond will starting it will use the battery power to run the air cond.. therefore in future.. our battery life span will drop... .. act is alright to start the car with ur aircond on.. wakaka.. for 6 years i start with air cond on.. bmw somemore.. wkakaka.. but my battery last for 4 years la... normal bmw last for 5 years and above..... if u don mind ur battery... is ok...

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
thats normal battery ma
bwm and all continential can last at least 5 years.. but 1 battery is rm600 and above.. hahaa...

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
which brand of auto start alarm u use?
Actually i dun know abt the brand as i got the alarm whn i brought my car..hehe..
Y..? have ask a lot of accessories shop (fren) and they mention the same thing to me...auto start will start when the check engine light is on...

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
But now every 2 way alarm will check alot of thing prior to auto start right? things like tacho, voltage and oil sensor...

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
entry level remote starter do not have 'delays' before igniting the engine.. those of better brands have it.. i've been remote starting it for ages.. no problem.. but.. BUT!!!... there was once, my old civic, my dad drove it.. and left the stick on 1st gear... well, u can at least think wat happened... nevertheless, i installed an entry level remote alarm into it...

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
there is a delay. Tht is to wait for the check engine light to 'complete'. but no delay to ON the aircond

Blue Little Lorry

500 RPM
May 10, 2006
Petaling Jaya
I use the auto start everyday. While I prepare myself for work, I will autostart and let the engine warm up.when I am done the engine is all warmed up and ready to go . I use it for warming up purposes. It's good to warm up your car before driving off.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
why do u need to delay to 'on' the aircond? nowadays the cars do not engage the aircond compressor unless the engine has been started.. yr internal blower is on but not the compressor...

Boink Boink

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Dont all cars come with a relay on the starting circuit that essentially disengages the air con motor when the starter motor is engaged?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Those farker....stole my exhaust tip for what ? :angry:
stupid farker. Now i cannot sell my muffler aleady.
they were trying to steal my whole muffler...but they didnt because got one bracket very hard to reach.. so they didnt take it..just took my tip... :angry:
F***ers..... :angry: hope they get strike by lighting... :angry:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience