reflash ecu or use e-manage?

ce9a_evo

Known Member
Dec 23, 2006
I'm using evo 6 stock engine , and i've 1 e-manage on hand .

currently planning to set ecu , either to reflash / re-map stock ecu better , or install the e-manage to tune better?

can sifu here giv some opinion?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur

currently planning to set ecu , either to reflash / re-map stock ecu better , or install the e-manage to tune better?

i would go for reflash as u can map the whole ecu and not just a few points
summroe u can lift the boost cuts and rev cuts off the ecu

i tink u have to explore www.evolutionm.net , lots of info

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007

do two together is nice,but use stand alone ecu is better!easy and freedom and faster~

ce9a_evo

Known Member
Dec 23, 2006
i would go for reflash as u can map the whole ecu and not just a few points
summroe u can lift the boost cuts and rev cuts off the ecu

i tink u have to explore www.evolutionm.net , lots of info
thx jinkl . lots of info there ...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Interesting Q, I also would like to know
not all of cos :D
depends on the ecu , and if someone has reverse engineered it and made a software + hardware to flash the original chip

rechip and reflash is not the same

redmark

May 10, 2009
Interesting...newbies here..would like to know more...which one better..ECU reflash or go for e-manage?

evo_kaki

Aug 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
just got my ecu reflash .
Setting include remove speed cut, rpm cut, boost cut and also tunning for air fuel & ignition timing .

Satisfied with de horse power came out from stock engine , but not satisfied with the price to reflash which is high.

teztozterone

Known Member
May 18, 2006
Hi guys,

What ecu are you using bro evo_kaki?

I have an evo 2 stock ecu...don't know whether to re-chip it or to get an emanage.

I know a chip will remove all the cuts...but will it be able to be tuned to the mods on the car through the chip?
Like how an emanage will be able to be tuned...

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks all.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Hi guys,

What ecu are you using bro evo_kaki?

I have an evo 2 stock ecu...don't know whether to re-chip it or to get an emanage.

I know a chip will remove all the cuts...but will it be able to be tuned to the mods on the car through the chip?
Like how an emanage will be able to be tuned...

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks all.
i also would like to know about this whether to remap or just add piggy back or change to standalone
any sifu here please help :adore::adore::adore:

foofis

Known Member
May 23, 2010
Johor
reflash ecu + emanage is still alot cheaper than standalone. as long it do the job and give you desired engine respond n power is good enough.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
reflash ecu + emanage is still alot cheaper than standalone. as long it do the job and give you desired engine respond n power is good enough.
this also depends very much on ur engine and mods setup
if lighltly modded or stock i was advised by many sifu that remap the stock ecu is dam good already
i myself prefer rechip/remap coz ur retuning the whole ecu to the exact preference of your car coz ori ecu will sure be set to run more rich from factory plus when we start playing around with exhaust , air filter and other mods we definitely wont be getting the optimum a/f ratio to derive the most efficiency out of our engines that why i feel remap is better
coz piggyback has quite a bit of restriction unless u use like emanage ultimate lah where it has a huge base map

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
if someone doest ecu reflash or rechip , then on top of it he uses a emanage, it means he is using copychip and not a custom chip, dont kena tipu bro, in other words he know nuts about rechip/reflash

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm looking for a lip for my air intake system.
Pls take a look at the attached pix below & kindly advice if there's a shop that could custom make the particular parts.

I don't really mind the what they use to make it as long that it's durable. Plastic, metal, rubber all accepted.
Preferring metal but those kind won't get rusted(painted black would do).
Heat resist is a must, I know that it's for cold air intake but when the car is parked, the inner heat is really hot.
Normal engine heat is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience