Red Bull Rookies finalises multinational line-up for Sepang 1000KM race

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The Red Bull Rookies team is finally complete following the selection of the remaining two drivers from Singapore and Brunei to join the current two Malaysian drivers that will compete in the upcoming Sepang 1000KM race in December.

Malaysians Mark Darwin, 21, and Siti Shahkirah Shaharul, 17, will be joined by Singaporean Emmiline Ang and Bruneian Fauziah binti Haji Haziz @ Ogy. Emmiline, 23, is the first ever Singaporean Rookie to join the team while Ogy, 26, will take over from last year’s Bruneian drivers.

The final line-up was announced by the team manager, Kenvin Low, following the final evaluation session at Sepang International Circuit over the weekend, which saw the team being assisted by the renowned Pentagon Racing Team.

“Our main goal was to search for talents with steely determination, enduring physicality, strength of mind, and dynamic personality to be part of our multinational team. Those who have been selected today will take on the considerable responsibility of working towards, and sharing, the aspirations of their homeland,” said Low.

Red Bull Malaysia and Asia Advanced Driving Academy (AADA) have been working on this project since December 2010. The Malaysian drivers were selected in March this year and have been undergoing training as well as industrial training in races such as the Malaysian Super Series (MSS) and the recent High Performance Challenge (HPC) four hour endurance race.

“Having the chance to be part of the Red Bull Rookies this year as well as being the first male member of the team is incredible for me and a major step in my motorsports track record. Obviously, what they’ve been able to accomplish in the last two years is unbelievable, which makes this an ideal situation for me to push myself further,” explained Darwin, an engineering student.

“I am extremely happy to have been selected as one of the Red Bull Rookies what more representing Malaysia. The programme has successfully established female racers such as Puteri Ayu Jasmin and Carmen Lim in previous years. I really hope I can do well in this race and also hoping to build on their successes and maintain the 100 per cent finish record,” added Siti, the youngest member of the team.

Emmiline is thrilled to be racing for the first time, “It’s an honour and I couldn’t be happier to have an opportunity to represent the team in racing in one of Asia’s leading endurance race as it is a great race, very competitive. I look forward to start the trainings and prepare for the race. I hope I will do my country proud as well.”

“I am extremely happy to be given this chance. It feels great to be here as it's a dream come true for me as I’m an absolute adrenaline junkie. I feel that I'm ready to give my very best and am very confident in this team. My focus is on preparing as thoroughly as possible for the race, and enjoy every moment of this once in a lifetime experience,” finished Ogy.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello pals,

I stay in BM . I wish to modidy my air filter ( drop -in ) and exhaust system ( extractor to muffler ).

But, can somebody recommend me which shop is good and reliable in Penang, Prai, BM, Kulim or Butterworth ??

My budget is a around RM 1000.

Just need to know which SHOP.

Thanx

voon
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience