recond is250 with gps,how to get MY map

Progressive

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Alvin,

When you play cd audio can you still use your ML to play with it?

What about DVD? Using flyaudio?

Thanks

alvincbw

Dec 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
sorry long time never login to this forum. yzliew is right, you can update the map easily by just copy to the SD card.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Alvin,

When you play cd audio can you still use your ML to play with it?

What about DVD? Using flyaudio?

Thanks
You are right.
You can still using the existing CD changer and ML to play the audio. For DVD you will be using Flyaudio.

Progressive

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Thanks for the info alvin,

I am have a recon UK Navi unit c/w UK map which are useless to us.

I called Lexus Damansara , they have the CD Map for Msia and Sg....but they are not selling it to Recon Units...WTH...!!!

Anyone knows the ppl inside Lexus that might able to help us ?

elephone

Known Member
May 29, 2005
KL Cheras
OMG , how about write an email to Lexus Japan , because all lexus also out from Lexus Japan there have right to provide and part for our car .

PS : i can't find email address LEXUS JAPAN

waque

Known Member
Feb 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

I called Lexus Damansara , they have the CD Map for Msia and Sg....but they are not selling it to Recon Units...WTH...!!!

or need to find someone who bought lexus from lexus malaysia.

alvincbw

Dec 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Same advice, In long run, I would suggest to install flyaudio. It's using Papago where you can download the map from malfreemaps.

th_oh

Mar 29, 2009
To be honest, I think Flyaudio is still the best solution to go, but:
- They're changing some of the original GUI
- Good things is it have
> Upgradeable HDD
> USB port, etc. Please have a look on this website: Lexus IS250 Navi, GPS, DVD Multimedia System, OEM replacement - Car Vision UK
- I heard locally charged it for RM4,000++. Not sure how true is this.
- Wish it also can support Chinese character display. :idea:

Other alternative can also go for:
MaxAudio.com.my - Automotive Online Store - NAVI-BOX GPS-668 External Add On GPS Navigation for Double Din/ Single Din Head Unit with LICENSE MAPKING & GARMIN Mapping
Papago GPS K-9300 for All Imported Car

Whether can we use the LEXUS Malaysia version of DVD to have the map? Answer is nearly impossible due to following reasons:
- Navigation maps is from Tele Atlas, maps is running from DVD, which need RM1,800 for the updates (original DVD is required) and it's not transferable. :banghead: Really hope somebody can hack the software.

Progressive

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
th_oh

You mean we can purchase is for RM1800 from Lexus Msia ? Which branch ?

RM1800 can get us 3 sets of Garmin.... but of coz its much cooler with the in built Navi system.

RM1800 per update or just for the DVD ? and how often do we need to update ?

Thanks

elephone

Known Member
May 29, 2005
KL Cheras
RM1800 change to malaysia map i think i will pay for it , but malaysia lexus have the DVD but is not for sell .....

th_oh

Mar 29, 2009
Yup, RM1,800 is t charge 4 updated map. Elephone is right tat Lexus M'sia won't sell t map 2 us. Furthermore, if v manage 2 get t map, it oso won't work as it need original DVD tat come along wit t navigation option whn owner bought their car. :banghead:

Sep 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi,

Recently I convinced Lexus Malaysia to sell me the local map.

I have a UK spec which I imported personally. And I still have the original Europe DVD.

Unfortunately, when Lexus Malaysia inserted the Southeast Asia DVD it just said "unable to read disc".

Since they've never done an conversion for IS before, they weren't sure what else to do.

th_oh,

How will the original DVD help in this case?

Cheers,

elcra

jaysquare

Oct 2, 2006
so did they charge you for it since it didnt work? how much? i dont understand why it wouldnt be able to read the disc. i thought only DVD video was region coded.

last time when i went to LX mode they said they could install the malaysia maps for you for around RM2k...

If you manage to get it to work, let us know... i bet a lot of people would be interested in this

Sep 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
No charge. The service engineer was very helpful.

I was also disappointed it couldn't read the SEA DVD. It's probably a different firmware. Or even different hardware vendor completely. I'm not sure.

Googled the problem and found some people who exported their Lexus from US to Europe. Same problem. Europe DVD Map can't be read by US GPS system.

Someone made a hybrid disc by making a copy of the US DVD and replacing some files with the ones from Europe DVD. They didn't give details so I've asked them how. Waiting for reply.

Anybody else know about this? Using original UK/Jap DVD MAP and replacing some files with the SEA DVD.

Progressive

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Elcra, good try....

At least for now we know the the DVD wont work in UK spec cars.....hope you could find a way to make a hybird DVD like you mention.

If you need any assistance from us... do not hesitate to request... we will work together to get thru it...

Sep 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yup, RM1,800 is t charge 4 updated map. Elephone is right tat Lexus M'sia won't sell t map 2 us. Furthermore, if v manage 2 get t map, it oso won't work as it need original DVD tat come along wit t navigation option whn owner bought their car. :banghead:
Thanks Progressive ..

Do you or anyone else know th_oh? From the post quoted, I need to know why th_oh said the original DVD is needed. I've PM th_oh but no reply yet.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i just convert my car with 4g91 doch..

1. so nak tau la. piping berape inchi yang sesuai.. nak piping macam mana.
2. throtle body aku rosak... so alang2 nak tukar.. aku rase nak masuk 1.8 punya..

harap .. semua yang ade idea.. atau ade cadangan lain ke..boleh la bagi suggestion kat aku..bantuan amat la dihargai..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience