Recommendation for 225/45R17 and 245/40R17

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If no specific tyres means looking for all rounder daily tyres?

Michelin PS3 :biggrin: or Yokohama Advan DB since budget permits :biggrin:

jadelinereality

Nov 12, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks all for the informative replies!

Ya just looking for all-rounder, mainly for durability and safety (good grip on both dry and wet roads) actually.

Am currently already using Michelin PS3, just thinking any better substitution..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Ya just looking for all-rounder, mainly for durability and safety (good grip on both dry and wet roads) actually.

Am currently already using Michelin PS3, just thinking any better substitution..
PS3 is good in wet and dry, however not that durable......

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
How is Advan DB all rounder? You gave 2 completely different tyres la.
Didnt say is same or all rounder ma... just another suggestion :biggrin:
Advan DB seems feedback is a comfy and rated the most quiet tyre.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Didnt say is same or all rounder ma... just another suggestion :biggrin:
Advan DB seems feedback is a comfy and rated the most quiet tyre.
Then you confuse TS......hhahahhahaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

How is Advan DB all rounder? You gave 2 completely different tyres la.
Actually Advan dB more of an all rounder. Mid range, comfort and quiet and should last longer the UHP tyres.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Then you confuse TS......hhahahhahaha:rofl:

Actually Advan dB more of an all rounder. Mid range, comfort and quiet and should last longer the UHP tyres.....:biggrin:
Then since TS want try other then Advan DB is the one to go for then.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

PS3 is good in wet and dry, however not that durable......
How durable you want it to be then? PS3 should easily last 60k km if driven normally. Most tires of the same performance level also will last around that mileage. I'm using GY F1-D5 which is about the same performance level and tread wear rating (300-320), and already used it >40k km with quite some abuse during cornering, and it still has decent tread apart from some chipping (maybe will last another 20+k km with my driving style).

If you want more durable ones then you should look for higher tread wear rating (400-600), but usually they will be lower performance class and less grip (hence less safe). But if you expect the same performance level as PS3 but more durable, then it will be quite difficult to get. PS3 already well known as probably the best all rounder in the market.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ps3 is already good...why do you want to change to other brand? having bad experience with michelin? care to share?
TS did not mention bad experience with Michelin, only if possible try others only.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Then since TS want try other then Advan DB is the one to go for then.
But suddenly from UHP to HP find not good grip then how?:hmmmm::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

How durable you want it to be then? PS3 should easily last 60k km if driven normally. Most tires of the same performance level also will last around that mileage. I'm using GY F1-D5 which is about the same performance level and tread wear rating (300-320), and already used it >40k km with quite some abuse during cornering, and it still has decent tread apart from some chipping (maybe will last another 20+k km with my driving style).

If you want more durable ones then you should look for higher tread wear rating (400-600), but usually they will be lower performance class and less grip (hence less safe). But if you expect the same performance level as PS3 but more durable, then it will be quite difficult to get. PS3 already well known as probably the best all rounder in the market.
Drive normal then no need PS3 loh.....hahhahahhaha:rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
TS did not mention bad experience with Michelin, only if possible try others only.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

But suddenly from UHP to HP find not good grip then how?:hmmmm::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Drive normal then no need PS3 loh.....hahhahahhaha:rofl:
You'd be surprised to see so many who just drive normally but using very expensive high performance tires leh! You'd also better to have the best tires you can afford that have your sizes. You would not know when you'd need such good handling and grip during emergency situations.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Would like to seek expert opinion in the way we usually set our Fuel pressure Regulator.

I have bought Aerospeed Fuel Pressure Regulator which comes with a meter to see the psi. For my Waja, I have felt good with 43 psi. However, at one time after I ported my intake manifold, the pressure ran to 45psi.

Thus, I requested the mechanic to help lower it down to 43psi. He unplugged my vacumn hose and basically the pressure went to 50 and above. Then, from there he lower to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience