REclub - FRASER'S HILL SUNDAY DRIVE 10th JULY

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
Phoon you better leave out that stereo from your car too then...loads of weight there also! 8-)

YES I am very keen for a track day...just need to get the helmet?? must quietly admit never been on SIC track...

What are the chances of another "bad" driver totalling my car?? That is to say how many cars on the track at one time in your vast experience?

Any other RX-7s interested, please speak up??

endless551

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Visit site
The rear 2 speakers have been permenantly removed for ease of suspension damping adjustment.. ahahaha.. Left with 2 tweaters and the head unit only.. those will go soon once I get a daily commute car..

U could get those really cheap 'cup chai' helmet.. But my personal opinion would be to spend the most u can afford for your helmet. Ur counting on that to protect ur melon in the event of an accident.. Would u want to compromise on that? Definitely not me.. But I used to ride hence I have a bike helmet.

U just have to be sensible in the circuit, try to let ur head do the thinking instead of ur balls.. There are some pretty reckless drivers down there but u just have to avoid them by either driving faster or let them pass safely.. In my experience.. the lane hoggers that swerve into u a low speed on high speed sweepers are the most likely cause of disaster.. Generally, just be alert and know what is ur priority there.. to run a hot lap and get some timing? To dog fight with others? Or just learning the lines, braking point, gearing for ur car. Sometimes traffic could get really heavy but just a matter of being alert and keeping a distance if ur unsure bout the skill of the driver ahead. Last week there was almost 30cars at one point... No worries. ur FD will pull away in no time, sepang is a power advantage circuit..

We should move this thread to the one i've just started..

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
it was certainly a fun drive. For most part i love to zip down the hill coz its much more fun than driving on the h'way. Eddie's Initial D FC was pretty good as he managed to keep up. Some pretty scary moments especially with motorist refusing to give way but it was fun nonetheless.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
thats why lah sk asked you to come. your car i tell you is one of a kind!! would have been good to have all 3 gens of rx7. :)