Reasons why you like ur MR

TaE|VoN

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
:_:
Just to know what everyone feels about their ride.

AW11, SW20, ZZW30 everyone welcome

Just need to state version of your MR and reasons why you like it so much.

Ashburton

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
1. Evergreen looks.... I never get bored of lookin at my MR2 (SW20) or any other MR2 for that matter, i'm often caught just staring at MR2s for prolonged periods only to be pinched back to reality. Its very hard to imagine the car is already 17yrs old.

2. Not that fuel hungry.... MR2 is my daily drive. Town driving can reach around 290-300km for 80rm (yet to be confirmed) while highway driving can get me around to 420kms for rm80.

3. I actually miss driving the my MR2 when i don;t touch it for 2weeks or more. Driving other car makes seem so boring by comparison.

4. Very supportive MR2 club with good friends, good stories, good autocross events + convoys, good food and good 2nd hand parts tips.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
what ??? my car is not a porsche???

walk out.:shocked:

TaE|VoN

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
1. Evergreen looks: I never get bored looking at other people's MR2, just bored with mine. Sometimes got the urge to upgrade to ZZW30

2. Not that fuel hungry: I agree with you. Same mileage as u for city driving. But for highway i only get about 300+... Must be due to the noisy lorry straight pipe.

3. I miss driving my MR2 also (I only drive it like once per week) and but my balls always shrunk when i see wet roads lah. Spun out and broke my broke bumper many times already.

4. Very supportive MR2 club with good friends, good stories, good autocross events + convoys, good food and good 2nd hand parts tips.

100% agree with you. All the big taikos MR gurus the best!

1. Evergreen looks.... I never get bored of lookin at my MR2 (SW20) or any other MR2 for that matter, i'm often caught just staring at MR2s for prolonged periods only to be pinched back to reality. Its very hard to imagine the car is already 17yrs old.

2. Not that fuel hungry.... MR2 is my daily drive. Town driving can reach around 290-300km for 80rm (yet to be confirmed) while highway driving can get me around to 420kms for rm80.

3. I actually miss driving the my MR2 when i don;t touch it for 2weeks or more. Driving other car makes seem so boring by comparison.

EDSC

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.voltzers.rules.it
ZZW30

1. Its so special on the road
2.Wonderful driving experience
3. Easy to maintain
4. Mid ship car have the best body shape among others sports car
5. erm.....erm..........

to b continue...

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
MR= Men's Ride / Make Romance.............muahahaha

Evo^Madz

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
only 1 reason .... 型英帅靓正

TaE|VoN

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Did u just say stable? Why my car not stable one? Spun out and broke my font bumper few times already. Must be the driver's skill...

Kickass gymkhana car! I love it..
Fun,Multi-purpose sports car...agile, stable and lots of undiscovered potential.
:)

Now my MR2 and MRS(missus) must look into bearing more future MR2s :)

KP61

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Visit site
OOOOoooooo.......good handling when u know how to tame it.......good looks that stays through years to come.......fun 2 seater sports car.......loving it but not using it.... : )

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
i agree with multi purpose.........especially model with T-top..... today saw a red MR2 in kepong with a pair of side skirt jolting out....kewllll............heheheehe

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
The reason why some people like the MR-Sports is because of an undisclosed "problem" (Toyota warranty will not cover)

Saturday afternoon I picked up my Spyder from the dealer and took it for a quick test drive to make sure everything was ok. Nothing unusual was noted.

Early Sunday morning, after that incident with the evil patrolman, I took my Pee-Pod to my office to pick up a few files. As I left the office the problem started.

Pee-Pod took on a mind of it's own. It would not turn in the direction of my residence but continued to travel to places I had not intended. My round trip to the office is 70 miles. After over 100 miles Pee-Pod finally relented and let me steer a course back home.

I think there might be a computer glitch. Pee-Pod never took over like this before. Is this the sidetracking problem and how do you remedy it? I'm sure Toyota will just say "Too bad" and allow this to go on unresolved.

I can't continue to drive Pee-Pod if she begins to control my time and my planning. Especially if I'm only planning to make a quick run. I already have a wife for that.

I'm hoping the computer thingy will adapt and allow me to control this thing.
i argee, i think toyota knows of a such problem in MRS but takes no knowledge to rectify it. Some MR owners dont mind. its only some time wasted & a little petrol used.

Just last weekend, after dinner. my MR-S decided to chart its own navigational tour. come on, I only live 4 minutes away from makan place. suddenly all hell broke loose, cabin pressure was lost. air con off. too hot so soft top down. instead of turning into residential area, the spyder went towards KL city centre. open road.....zing it shows 6.2K rpm. things bluuurreed. it like entering a twilight zone. cars on the sides kept zooming backwards. It like being sucked in as where the arrow points.

this is no good. next thing i know , i was transported towards the twisties parts along jalan museum/parliment. damn. too many witnesses. this is embarrassing.

I need to hide this little naughty ride. what did you know, she made an exit into wilderness, full of narrow twisties in the heart of KL city, short it may be but close to mini "initial-D" type of roads. With darkness shadowing most of the road ahead, this little jewel made precise maneuvering along the narrow path.

There was no time to feel scared. It hopeless to fight it. My hands was immersed with the steering & the stick. It was like it became one uniformed entity. Is this the end?
hardly. I felt i was sling forward into peejay now. everyone seem to go the opposite direction. why??

passing peejay was quick, i knew the road ahead is now towards the federal freeway into old airport area. bam, it still zinging at >7K rpm. your mind sense that you have travelled different road conditions and its like experiencing different chapters of sensation. ahh i know now, why my little princess wanted to illustrate multiple sensation. what joy to understand & bond with this jewel.

no sooner enough, we were experiencing galactic intimacy beyond just burst of boost flirting like most other guys. This little jewel had reminded me there is no other quite like it.

sigh. after close to 170km night ride we had to head home to rest. it was good, you feel numb but joyful of the experience.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It was a storming performance from Team Proton R3 as they dominated the Round 2 of the Malaysian Super Series (MSS) with a double 1-2 finish in Race 1 and Race 2.

Proton R3 drivers Faidzil Alang and Syafiq Ali displayed impressive handling of their Satria Neo and Gen.2 R3 racecars in both dry and wet conditions to give Proton R3 the win in both races. Both drivers maintained their focus in the intense...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience