Rear cross-diagonal/bar cage & engine cross bar

Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi people. Anybody have any idea about removing the back seats of the 2013 Satria Neo R3 and installing a rear cross-diagonal/bar cage? Cost?
Is the weight somewhat the same or will it be heavier with the rear cross-diagonal/bar cage? Trying to maintain a 50-50 balance ratio between front and back end.
Anyone heard of Works Engineering doing such an installation or mind recommending another place?
Also ever heard of an engine cross bar installation for the 2013 Satria Neo R3? Cost?

Thank you very much in advance!! Seriously appreciate this place loads.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi people. Anybody have any idea about removing the back seats of the 2013 Satria Neo R3 and installing a rear cross-diagonal/bar cage? Cost?
Is the weight somewhat the same or will it be heavier with the rear cross-diagonal/bar cage? Trying to maintain a 50-50 balance ratio between front and back end.
Anyone heard of Works Engineering doing such an installation or mind recommending another place?
Also ever heard of an engine cross bar installation for the 2013 Satria Neo R3? Cost?

Thank you very much in advance!! Seriously appreciate this place loads.
dont remove rear seat....neo already nose heavy with short buttock...

just add UR monkey bar+room bar+3point rear strut bar

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
its illegal on the road if u drive around without your rear seats. roll cage is illegal on the roads too.
Seriously? Well that sucks. Though I thought its perfectly fine to remove the rear seats? A friend of mine has done it on his old car, didn't get in trouble for that as far I remember.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

dont remove rear seat....neo already nose heavy with short buttock...

just add UR monkey bar+room bar+3point rear strut bar
After adding the bars will it give the car a 50-50 balance (front-end)? Any idea what's the added weight? Cost estimation?

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Go corner weight your car.

Besides, do you really need to lighten the rear? I think some weight would be good for a car with such a short wheel base.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Seriously? Well that sucks. Though I thought its perfectly fine to remove the rear seats? A friend of mine has done it on his old car, didn't get in trouble for that as far I remember.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

After adding the bars will it give the car a 50-50 balance (front-end)? Any idea what's the added weight? Cost estimation?

u can try 1st la, if u kena tahan by JPJ or police officer, say u send your rear seats for upholstery & it will take 3-4 days to be completed.

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Go corner weight your car.

Besides, do you really need to lighten the rear? I think some weight would be good for a car with such a short wheel base.
Hmm, any idea where I can do that? Sunway area?
I thought I could replace the rear seats with a rear cage. Figured the weight would be the same or even more after the replacement. Didn't know that rear cages were illegal for the road though, hehe.
So now i'm definately keeping the rear seats though will probably add the UR monkey bar+room bar+3point rear strut bar. I'm hoping that will balance the car out. Though i''l definately weight it and try to figure something out. Balancing this car isn't as easy as I though it would be, haha.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

u can try 1st la, if u kena tahan by JPJ or police officer, say u send your rear seats for upholstery & it will take 3-4 days to be completed.
Haha, that might actually just work. Though I'm probably gonna keep it there to maintain the weight since I can't put a rear cage in.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

not much weight diff...only a few kilogram (less than 10kg in total)

cost not sure...u can use mudah.my as price references

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
why are u so obsessed with the weight distribution?

does the neo have a 50/50 weight distribution in the first place by the way?

i also assume ur talking about this cage right?

if u are... there used to be a neo cps in the apartment where i used to live who drives this car daily with the cage... also entered SNF. and if i remember correctly... he still had his rear seats with the cage installed.

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

if u are... there used to be a neo cps in the apartment where i used to live who drives this car daily with the cage... also entered SNF. and if i remember correctly... he still had his rear seats with the cage installed.

its either satria neo clubsport (which is full road legal)

or a SNF racer that enter in road car category which is require half-cage and rear seats still attached....

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
its either satria neo clubsport (which is full road legal)

or a SNF racer that enter in road car category which is require half-cage and rear seats still attached....
if ur talking about the neo i mentioned... those times he entered SNF was before the roll cage ruling appeared actually :P

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Yeap that's sort of the one except the back has a diagonal cross rather than just one bar across.

Weight distribution of the Satria Neo isn't exactly 50-50. If it were, it would be better for the tyre wear. If there is too much weight in the front end, then the tyres burn out faster on a high speed run especially since the front tyres do more work (turning and drive) while the rear just drags along.

I would actually prefer a rear-wheel drive car but can't afford a 1st hand one. Front tyres do the turning while the rear gives the drive. Not to mention you'd be able to drift easily.

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
so ur main concern is tire wear? i assume u wanna add weight to the rear to even out the load on the tires?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Move the battery to the rear boot and put it in the center in the rear boot just behind the rear seat.