Really need help now!!

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
hw much value for bmw e36 at ur place....u can try modding bmw bro...my frens mod his bmw old model 5** if not mistake using 1jz engine damn fast also n fun to drive...new paint shud make it looks exclusive tho:proud:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
BMW damn solid body. no need to spend on soundproofing at all. engine can mod to RB20 also no probs. a lot of ppl have done it but advise against going for a japanese engine for the transplant...the ori BMW engine sounds so good! also remember spare parts not cheap to come by. a lot of E30 coupes on sale in mudah. some with ori engines still...

flippancy

Sep 9, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hw much value for bmw e36 at ur place....u can try modding bmw bro...my frens mod his bmw old model 5** if not mistake using 1jz engine damn fast also n fun to drive...new paint shud make it looks exclusive tho:proud:

im staying at kota damansara.. the price is around 26k - 35k. ok.. if i buy bmw 325i e36. the cc will b 2.5. how bout the fuel consumption? ok.. if i want to convert the engine to rb20det, rb25det or rb26dett.. or 1jz. which 1 will suit the best and low fuel consumption and not much mantenace cost? im still a student. n how much is the budget to change the engine and where is the garage that can make it possible?

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

BMW damn solid body. no need to spend on soundproofing at all. engine can mod to RB20 also no probs. a lot of ppl have done it but advise against going for a japanese engine for the transplant...the ori BMW engine sounds so good! also remember spare parts not cheap to come by. a lot of E30 coupes on sale in mudah. some with ori engines still...

yup.. bmw damn solid. many people suggested me to take bmw and converted to 1jz.. and yeah.. bmw engine also damn good. the stock 325i e36 also got 200++ bhp already.. but. the fuel conumption? the mantenace? want to service only also cost almost 1k ait? i used kancil before but im thinking of moving to bigger and cooller ride. ok. how bout if i buy a bimmer. then convert it to 1jz engine? where is the garage that can do it? n hw bout jpj? maintenace? fuel consumption?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
dude, if you're a student looking for a daily ride and worries about FC, maintenance costs and all that, then BMWs are not for you. 1JZs are not for you. RB engines are not for you either. Prepare to pay through your nose for parts for the beemer cuz none of the BMW parts are cheap unless 2nd hand. 1JZ and RB engines aren't cheap to refurbish (assuming you're getting a halfcut) and it's force inducted.. turbo cars where can talk about FC one?

As for 2.5L beemers, don't forget the road tax is gonna kill you too.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
prelude n most hondas in general arent cheap to maintain. which prelude were u thinking of?BB5-9?or the one before that?

also since u say u'r used to driving a kancil, u'r gonna flip at the H22a's FC...get ready to visit the petrol station more often than u did with yr kancil.

style n speed always comes at a price. never live beyond yr means ya heheheh

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
how bout honda prelude? h22a vtec manual
hehe i totally agree with bro arturo u want speed prepare to spend more
oh yeah and bro since you are just a student and im assuming not earning yet i would suggest not to get a bimmer so soon
of course it is a fast and exclusive car but the maintenance costs on a bmw could be massive regardless of whether you are using the bmw engine or the 1jz or rb engines
i was in a similar dillema bout 4 months ago i
you see i am also a student and i also had a similar budget to yours so i thought of getting the e36 2 door cabriolet coupe but all the owners who i called said that the maintenance costs are slightly on the higher side and they recommended that i didnt buy those cars coz i was still student and it was going to be my daily drive car so i couldnt afford such high fc or maintenance
i also thought of honda but honda maintenance costs are also pretty darn expensive
so at the end i settled on a proton putra evo 3 coz it was the cheapest to maintain and pretty reliable on a daily drive basis and i can peddle to the meddle once in a while also :biggrin:
so my advice to you is think carefully before selecting your car bro :top:
and im sure you will make the right decision

flippancy

Sep 9, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hehe i totally agree with bro arturo u want speed prepare to spend more
oh yeah and bro since you are just a student and im assuming not earning yet i would suggest not to get a bimmer so soon
of course it is a fast and exclusive car but the maintenance costs on a bmw could be massive regardless of whether you are using the bmw engine or the 1jz or rb engines
i was in a similar dillema bout 4 months ago i
you see i am also a student and i also had a similar budget to yours so i thought of getting the e36 2 door cabriolet coupe but all the owners who i called said that the maintenance costs are slightly on the higher side and they recommended that i didnt buy those cars coz i was still student and it was going to be my daily drive car so i couldnt afford such high fc or maintenance
i also thought of honda but honda maintenance costs are also pretty darn expensive
so at the end i settled on a proton putra evo 3 coz it was the cheapest to maintain and pretty reliable on a daily drive basis and i can peddle to the meddle once in a while also :biggrin:
so my advice to you is think carefully before selecting your car bro :top:
and im sure you will make the right decision

my friend told me that vtec engine i cheaper than evo angine to maintain n the FC is more low. and is we dont play the rpm more than 4k. the FC for vtec damn low.but i dont know which 1 is rite. and 1 of my friend use GSR engine. the fuel is damn high.

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

prelude n most hondas in general arent cheap to maintain. which prelude were u thinking of?BB5-9?or the one before that?

also since u say u'r used to driving a kancil, u'r gonna flip at the H22a's FC...get ready to visit the petrol station more often than u did with yr kancil.

style n speed always comes at a price. never live beyond yr means ya heheheh

yup 660 to 2.2 ait.. hahah.. i noe. im a student and a part time actor. my kancil fc is quite high. becoze ive modified it. L2s engine. big turbo. big injector. 1.3 piston. and i have some other car also.. i'm thinking of buyin bb5. i like the shape. and im not a crazy driver that drives fast all the time. i think i can support honda h22a. but not bmw 325i e36.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
my friend told me that vtec engine i cheaper than evo angine to maintain n the FC is more low. and is we dont play the rpm more than 4k. the FC for vtec damn low.but i dont know which 1 is rite. and 1 of my friend use GSR engine. the fuel is damn high.
this one all also depends on driving style for me fc is based mainly on the drivers driving style and also can be partly based on the efficiency of the engine but no matter what the driving style between drivers can produce major differences in fc
vtec the fc will be low if you just drive below 5k rpm most of the time coz vtec wont be engaged the fc is high only when vtec is engaged just like turbo the fc will be low if you drive below like 3k rpm because the turbo will not be spooling and will just be in vacuum state
but the diff for me is when it comes to maintenance coz from what ive surveyed honda parts are pretty expensive when it needs to be replaced of course they are durable but still expensive when compared to evo coz parts are in abundance in halfcut shops u can get any part you need of course they will be second hand and not quality assured but if your lucky they can last u a long long time :top:
but both vtec and evo are superb lah i really cant pick between the two :biggrin: wanna own both but no $$$ heheh

flippancy

Sep 9, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
this one all also depends on driving style for me fc is based mainly on the drivers driving style and also can be partly based on the efficiency of the engine but no matter what the driving style between drivers can produce major differences in fc
vtec the fc will be low if you just drive below 5k rpm most of the time coz vtec wont be engaged the fc is high only when vtec is engaged just like turbo the fc will be low if you drive below like 3k rpm because the turbo will not be spooling and will just be in vacuum state
but the diff for me is when it comes to maintenance coz from what ive surveyed honda parts are pretty expensive when it needs to be replaced of course they are durable but still expensive when compared to evo coz parts are in abundance in halfcut shops u can get any part you need of course they will be second hand and not quality assured but if your lucky they can last u a long long time :top:
but both vtec and evo are superb lah i really cant pick between the two :biggrin: wanna own both but no $$$ heheh

thx for the advice.. yeah.. i think i'll take honda prelude. or a bimmer with sr20det engine.. i need to wait for next month to get the money.:driver::biggrin:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
both oso not bad, but if for me, i think i'll take the bimmer then retain the stock engine, just do some basic upgrade & maintain the engine in healthy condition.... all stock outlook, but clean to kill... make it as classic as it can be... reserved respect from all ages than thrash big money to make huge power but always sick in workshop...

just some 2 cents...

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Jin...i also would go the same way...ori BMW inline 6 sounds so damn good.no need mod the exhaust setup aredy sound so damn garang.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

a friend told me a bored crankshaft of a turbo engine (due to scratches and uneven surface) with oversize engine/conrod bearing (0.5 mm) would not last long and best is to look for another crankshaft without modified.

May i have your comment/experience sharing ? Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience