really bad fuel consumption

JDD218

Dec 16, 2007
i'm driving an ad resort 1.6 carburator engine,auto trasnmision.the problem is having a bad Fuel consumption, the engine jerks when flooring the accelerator,like not enough fire power, imagine traveling from melaka to jb and back again cost me rm120 of petrol.. the things i've repaired and changed are:
1)alternator 2 pcs still the same
2)battery
3)distributor 2 pcs still no improvement
4)plug cable NGK 2 sets still the same
5)spark plug iridium
6)carburator
7)fuel filter
8)petrol pump

*when turning the alternator fully advance,no knocking sound..??
*some say there maybe a wiring problem, so if any sifu's here can help i really apreciate..thank you in advance..:confused:

addyloo

Sep 6, 2004
Hi, I am driving a carburettor Nissan also.
You have replace all the electrical item but problem still same ?

1st need to identify, when you flooring the accelerator, the engine is jerking. This jerking means misfire or knocking?

Has you replace fuel filter? It may be stuck and cause the fuel flow rate reduce.
Have you check the earth cable, which from engine body to vehicle body ground ? remove the screw and use sand paper to vanish the body, so that it have a good grounding.

*when turning the alternator fully advance,no knocking sound..?? => is it turning the distributor fully advance?
If after turning full advance still no knocking sound, it could be cylinder pressure not enough.

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
Just to share with you guys on adding more power and torque to the engine for a smoother and faster acceleration plus fuel savings seen on longer stretch drive.

Just check out the reviews and feedback and make your own conclusion.

[WTS] FireStorm Ignition Coil Booster

You can email or PM me in ZTH to ask any questions.

Cheers.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Today morning at 6am my friends proton wira got smash by 6 malay guy's on motor bike . they got away with his defi meters ( boost & egt ) and they wanted to steal his intercooler too by pulling the bumper out , but failed , cause his neighbor shouted and gave them a chase by driving till kayu ara but lost them .

They smash the car and the straight away pop to hood to disconnect the battery to kill the alarm .

By the way his other neighbour new CRV audio also got stolen .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience