RE rebuilds - the inside story!

saru-kun

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
PJ
saru-kun.blogspot.com
VICTOR the hell are you doing here?!!! Lol...nice to see you actually coming into zth hahahaha...

I can send you the factory workshop manual if you like?

See you in msn.

Cheers

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
I want to learn how to build rotaries =). So any good workshop manuals to start with?
I'm practically a dummy when it comes to engines.
Ok i know how to hold a spanner and theory bits. But bugger all practical.
Haynes manual comes to mind... except that the car shown is left hand drive (USA) so you have to re-orientate yourself when it mentions "driver-side" or "passenger-side".

I've one but never done an actual rebuild myself... yet.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
no difference left or right... just that the US model have a few things extra and our JDM does not have.

saru-kun

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
PJ
saru-kun.blogspot.com
I've yet to see a publication on Haynes on the RX7, not the third gen at least. Had a quick google just now and only Haynes USA publishes manuals for the '79 - '85 and the '86 - '91 RX7s... while Haynes UK only does the '79 - '85 version.

Haynes Australia doesn't even have RX7 in their Mazda lineup of publications. Anyone's best bet is still the factory manuals.

Am currently still contemplating whether I should splurge out and buy DIY-RE's set of four dvd on the rebuild and/or rotary aviation's video by Bruce Turrentine...

Or

Just be cheapskate and stream videos of here:-http://www.rebuildingrotaryengines.com

:shades_smile: Cheers

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
dev got the DVD... but he misplaced it... i'll try to page him if he finds the DVD or not...

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
I ask coz maybe 1 fine day i get fed up of high reving 2 strokes and turbo tonka 4 stroker 4 cylinder cars, and actually have the resources and time, an RX7 is a lovely play thing.
Drift and wangan and chick magnet.

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
I have the '86 - '91 Haynes Manual. Its good enough.

It really helps on all the simple stuff.

The problem isnt so much the manual but all the tools or hands-on knowledge required to do certain things. The biggest problem I've had was a busted oil line that I just ripped out because it just wouldnt unscrew...

... and then Ah Choy showed how to properly unscrew the thing and I slapped myself for being so stupid.

cqloh

Known Member
Aug 1, 2006
opening a can of worms....

curiosity has set in... i'm still wondering why there isn't a particularly fast rotary in malaysia, let alone the existence of taboo and urban legend that the rotary engine isn;t reliable. i was a proud owner of a rotor for 3 years in sydney that ran with a rebuild i did in my living room.

i'm sick of hearing the piston guys saying that rotaries aren;t fast yadda yadda. but i can;t blame them since alot or rotors here do pop.

like i said.. i'm just curious

anyone care to answer this?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Actually ReRider,Alchemis and Woaychee cars are good examples of well built and mantained fd's.

woaychee

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
phat7, your car in top condition too, hope to see your car in person!

woaychee

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
ei, heavenz, tuesday night ffk us. we went to ttdi le, but GTR 35 smoked all of us :(

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
If u all got rebuilt rotary again may i join u all?i wan study about it,hope u all guys can inform me...thanks :itsme:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Backwards entries are the in thing now in drifting and some of the entries that the top drifters can pull off are simply crazy. This however, ranks up there with some of the best backwards entries that we’ve ever seen.

The driver in question is Walker Wilkerson, who performs a downright insane backwards entry at the recently concluded inaugural Formula Drift round in Florida.

<iframe...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience