RD2 Fuel Consumption

TCSIM

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2007
Not sure.. Maybe lower arm.. Go there look see look see

Last edited:

Baramunk

Jun 6, 2007
Waaa this week another RM105..... this time 350++km nia.

My tyres are 17'' but still this is crazy. I think I better go send to mechanic...

TCSIM

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2007
Wah.. RM 105 for 350++ km is pretty bad.. I think my worst case is 480++ km for a full tank.. Try ask the mech to change your fuel filter.. If u dunno where to get fuel filter, ask Mr. Lee (012-2296855).. Say Sim intro one can alrd.. If FC still high, send to Hyundai to do scanning on your engine..

Just my two cents.. Hope it helps...

TCSIM

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2007
Ok.. I know I damn noisy la.. But before you spend more money, try pump full tank twice using Shell V-power Racing and see whether it helps to clean any carbon deposits inside your engine or not.. I know it costs more.. But you will still need petrol, right?

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Another care car clinic session with dr. Sim...
hahahaha...

Sim,
you use V-Power Racing regularly?

TCSIM

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2007
Nop.. Never use it since I bought the car in April.. I only use V-power Racing for my bike.. Coz won't feel the hole in my wallet even i pump a full tank.. But then I am Shell supporter la

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Sim, not fair la.
Your precious car you didn't give her drink V-Power.
kekeke...
I'm a Shell supporter too.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
My mom is Bonus Link supporter, which make a Bonus Link supporter and indirectly make me SHELL supporter. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TCSIM

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2007
Hahaha.. at least 3 ppl supporting Shell here.. I tried Projet and Petronas.. Not too sure about the mileage.. but one thing for sure, my engine become more noisy.. Petronas can give me the power on highway la..

Anyone supporting other fuel?

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
I never try any other petrol brand before on my Coupe.
Just Shell from day one... :P

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
I strongly believe its not the fuel filter that is eating up the petrol. Usually it will give you slight jerk or engine cut off (worst case). You should get your engine tune up and check out your exhaust including the header for any leak. This is the major fuel burner when the exhaust is leaked.

TCSIM

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2007
Hahaha.. go do everything.. My full tank hits 570km today but most of the time I was on highway

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
I strongly believe its not the fuel filter that is eating up the petrol. Usually it will give you slight jerk or engine cut off (worst case). You should get your engine tune up and check out your exhaust including the header for any leak. This is the major fuel burner when the exhaust is leaked.
Ace,
are you saying that if it's the fuel filter that is giving problem, the car will have a slight jerk when accelerating?
I'm experiencing slight jerkings when accelerating at low gears.

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
i know this thread has been quite dead for quite some time but i really need some enlightenment from all the sifu's...i got my rd2 lately....its an 1.6l auto...n guess what...my fc is also crazily high....rm50 can only bring me bout 180km city driving....tested this for a few refuel of rm50 and it still gives the same figure...did my oil change and air filter changed...spark plugs are running fine but suspected plug cables arent too good in condition as it is taped wit wire tape...bought a replacement but yet to change cuz the one i got was too short...was even thinking of using injector cleaner to clean the fuel line...what else could i do to fix this??? i dun wanna sell my coupe yet as i'm enjoying the car...but the fc is really a burden especially for a student like me....=( pls help!

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

btw its running on 16" not the stock rims...plus the tyres were a lil hardened and there's crack lines...yet to change...does the tyres affect the fc that badly? or could it be the gearbox? cuz i noticed slight vibration on 3rd gear...other gears are fine...

mengking

Mar 2, 2006
i know this thread has been quite dead for quite some time but i really need some enlightenment from all the sifu's...i got my rd2 lately....its an 1.6l auto...n guess what...my fc is also crazily high....rm50 can only bring me bout 180km city driving....tested this for a few refuel of rm50 and it still gives the same figure...did my oil change and air filter changed...spark plugs are running fine but suspected plug cables arent too good in condition as it is taped wit wire tape...bought a replacement but yet to change cuz the one i got was too short...was even thinking of using injector cleaner to clean the fuel line...what else could i do to fix this??? i dun wanna sell my coupe yet as i'm enjoying the car...but the fc is really a burden especially for a student like me....=( pls help!

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

btw its running on 16" not the stock rims...plus the tyres were a lil hardened and there's crack lines...yet to change...does the tyres affect the fc that badly? or could it be the gearbox? cuz i noticed slight vibration on 3rd gear...other gears are fine...
I am driving GK (previous owner also HCC ZTH member). I did a injector cleaner by wynn (cost about 200), spark plugs changed, ATF, normal air filter, semi syn engine oil changed and my FC improve significantly. Now is about 0.2 cent per km KL city drive. Not much to complaint coz 2.0 auto engine cant aspect so much

Next might think of fuel filter and have my K&N cleaned. injector cleaner helps quite a lot since the car is almost 10 year old. at least engine feels lighter

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

its time for me to change my bodykits. anyone know where i can find some?
currently interested in eg9 type r front bumper.
any suggestions welcome.:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience