RB26DETT Oil Pumps advice needed.

angelz88

Jan 25, 2009
Kota Kinabalu
Hey guys:wavey:,

I'm driving a R34 and as of last month my oil press is reading slightly below the norm. It's reading at less than 0.8-1 Bar on normal driving and 1-less than 2 Bar on cold start. Somehow it's showing early sign off oil pump failure.

The purpose of this thread is I want to get opinion from the sifu's and other RB's user regarding their oil pump upgrade. Cz im contemplating between should I just settle with N1 or higher ends like HKS or JUN or REIMAX that'll cost a bomb. Hope to hear it from you guys soon.

Attachments

angelz88

Jan 25, 2009
Kota Kinabalu
Yeah, I looked tomei up too but it requires more than just their oversized oil pump but also oil restrictor? and oversized oil pan? and all the other oilling upgrade parts. can anyone confirm this?

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If not mistaken, the restrictor will come together with the oil pump when you buy. Extended oil sump is always recommended but I think you can also adjust the flowrate of the pump if want to maintain the standard oil capacity.

angelz88

Jan 25, 2009
Kota Kinabalu
Gobiz2: bro, Tomei oil sump itself priced more than the pump :banghead: haha. you are using tomei's one i suppose :rofl:

Shark79: I'm running on 500Whp bro. and im just worried of the reading that my oil press gauge is showing. It could be the sender unit to the meter cluster but i dont want to take any chances. haha

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Hi. You can also consider NITTO Oil Pump. They are equally raved upon by Skyline users especially in Australia and the UK. I have ready stock of NITTO Oil Pump and Nissan N1 Oil Pump should you require one.

Thank you.

angelz88

Jan 25, 2009
Kota Kinabalu
Shark79 : What other supporting mod would you advice bro?

V-Spec: Do pm me the price for both oil pumps bro. thanks

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Can get much cheaper extended sumps with other brands or custom-made.

Honestly I wish I had used Tomei, otherwise my engine wouldnt have kong...and subsequently sold my car 2 yrs ago haha

So many rb engines have perished due to oiling issues and then the owners sold the cars hehe

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
Gobiz2: bro, Tomei oil sump itself priced more than the pump :banghead: haha. you are using tomei's one i suppose :rofl:

Shark79: I'm running on 500Whp bro. and im just worried of the reading that my oil press gauge is showing. It could be the sender unit to the meter cluster but i dont want to take any chances. haha

Hi Angle,

When you said you are running at 500whp, for sure your oil pump is not standard anymore. N1 oil pump reading similar as per your reading right now unless if you done some modification to add washer in the oil pump, the flow much more better. Tomei is quite expensive but you also may consider Nitto (JDM Autolink got stock) since the pump is new technology than others.

BTW who done you engine? yourself or previous owner?

Gobiz2- I noticed last time you ade jual BNR34 steering pump..still have it? i need it bro.. TQ

angelz88

Jan 25, 2009
Kota Kinabalu
Hey bro, thank you for your reply.

Im not sure if it has been changed cz the previous owner did not mention anything about it and the reading seems kinda low (from what i asked around). But you could be right.

The previous owner was the one who sent it to be tuned but i myself met the tuner and asked about the car and he cant recall much. lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

Been contemplating getting a VW jetta due to the promotion is running 699 currently.. but quite concerned over the previous owner fight over show unhappiness over the 7 speed DSG problem is.
I would say its the only thing stopping me now. VW sales guy said its had solve over DSG and those ppl just mod bad about VW brands only...
But what i heard from others VWs owner having problem, they bring their car visit SC every 1 or 2 month have to visit workshop. And their after sales is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience