RB25DET or RB26DETT in a 180sx

Blanc2z

May 24, 2013
Subang Jaya
is it possible to swap an RB25DET or an RB26DETT into a 180sx in Malaysia? im pretty keen on this swap. No, i do not wanna hear how great the SR20DET is and how awesome it is in the 180sx. whats the procedure that i've gotta go thru to make it happen as in JPJ and other bloodsucking creatures, the cost of the swap, the items i need to make the swap possible (eg. A31 crossmembers, R32 mountings and shit) and the maximum power and torque it can make in a 180sx (not like im going there, just curious). i've decided a swap because it ain't no fun (FOR ME) using the same old SR20DET. so, anyone awesome around here that can help out? thanks

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
the question still not answered.try to search in google or join silvia club malaysia group in fb.Its kinda lonely here in zth

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If the 30% JPJ rules still applied and stock engine is SR20DET, max upgrade to be legal on the road will be RB26DETT.
And remember the adage, no replacement for displacement. Although, nowadays, the trend is maxing out on smaller engine capacity
to meet the emission standard.
Runner's fee for JPJ approval is around rm300. Transplant cost will be much depend on level of modification. Rm20k should do the job nicely with mild internals modification, suspension and brake upgrade.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If the 30% JPJ rules still applied and stock engine is SR20DET, max upgrade to be legal on the road will be RB26DETT.
And remember the adage, no replacement for displacement. Although, nowadays, the trend is maxing out on smaller engine capacity
to meet the emission standard.
Runner's fee for JPJ approval is around rm300. Transplant cost will be much depend on level of modification. Rm20k should do the job nicely with mild internals modification, suspension and brake upgrade.
But I've seen A31 Cefiro with RB26DETT selling at mudah. Road legal A31 not track. Did those register before the 30% engine displacement rule was created?

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
But I've seen A31 Cefiro with RB26DETT selling at mudah. Road legal A31 not track. Did those register before the 30% engine displacement rule was created?
30% JPJ upgrade rule had been around for ages. Not sure if rule still applied now or gone together with no 'kereta potong' rules. In fact, prior to no 'kereta potong' rules few years back, people are having fun with 4G63T Wira, Satria and Waja. I still kept a JPJ approved 2004 Waja with 4G63T back home for occasional 'balik kampung' fun :biggrin:!
And yes, since A31 stock engine is RB20E x30% = RB26DETT. 30% increased in engine capacity, regardless of horsepower. Check out JPJ website for updated regulations :driver:.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As the release date of the Fast Five movies comes closer, check out this interview performed by Dodge about the Fast Five movie and Dom's favorite ride, the 1970's Dodge Charger. Dom drive's nothing else but Dodges, so if he is seen in something else, that mean's he isn't going to drive!

YouTube - Behind Fast Five | Dom's Charger | 900 Horses of Detroit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience