Random Shot: Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

Saw these two Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow with Hong Kong number plate registrations parked in front of an industrial shop lot in USJ 1. These cars were the ultra luxuries of the days and still very desired in these days. The Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow came with a 6.2 litre V8 engine (between 1965 to 1970) and later updated to a 6.75 litre V8 (between 1970-1980). Back then, if the road tax in the 70s or 80s were at $20,000 and above, one could only think of the super rich owning a car like this and running around. Even owning one of these today would incredibly difficult considering the road tax. This is still one of the cars that only the ultra rich can own and people like us could only admire. In total only 25,142 were sold between 1965 to 1980, making this one of the rarest super luxuries you can own. Check out the photos

Attachments

haziq_evo

Jul 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, i think these belong to a VIP in sunway who restores cars. I also saw several classic mustangs, including a Mach 1, rolls and an older version of Merc G class. They all carry foreign plates. Will try to sneak some photos when I drive past it again ;)

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Those have been mothballed for years..

Took these in 2009

Yes I did try to bring Spirit of Ecstasy home ;)

Last edited:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
so these cars never moved and been parked there at the same spot, simply wow! its like spot the difference and u noticed more stickers on the factory door LOL

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
hahaha...why ah long sticker never dare stick on d car...who know the owner of both car need money for fully restore it.hahaha...yes,dunno how much d road tax in malaysia per year..and insurance to cover d car...maybe daily pump petrol also die already...bigger engine almost 6k to 6750 cc...drink petrol like drink brandy..so expensive hk way..

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
as far as i know, sunway ceo, datuk jeffery cheah still runs one of these sometimes and often seen parked in front of sunway college or hq at times. must be a damn guzzler

rbwheels

Known Member
Sep 20, 2008
Most of them do not have a valid road tax. The mechanic dont have time to spend on those 2 because he have got even more bentley, rolls royce n jaguar waiting for him. Sometime u can even spot a lambo inside there... I guess the Sifu is a "crouching tiger, hidden dragon"..... the workshop dont even have a signboard... lol. Low profile...

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
hahaha...he have too much of super car waiting to driving off.that 2 old rollroyce just his old toy...long time no touch already...but all of us still dreaming to driving a one of both car once in our lifetime rolls royce ma...never mind it old as long as it still call rolls royce...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To add more weight on the STOCK steering wheel so that it vibrates less and give a more solid feel on the road condition feedback.

You need at least 500g of weight. Just anything that you can figure out. I use a few pieces of used brake pads.

photos: http://drexchan.fotopic.net/c790881.html

edited: "more weight" =/= heavier steering turning. It simply means, to add some "ballast inside the wheel".
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience