rally tyres

Rein

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
call 0126284622 -Tony...
he might be able to help u out....has multiple sets in his shop..
tell him Kenny gave u the number..

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
okay, for brand new silverstone rally tyres, you can get all of them from WRC Motorsport in Sungai Buloh. sample prices are 13" 14/550-13 s505 gravel rm175, 14" s505 Rm220, 14" tarmac rm280, 15" tarmac rm290.

for second hand rally tyres, you could ask the rally teams for any used tyres that they wanna sell. i know a few of them buys new sets for every round, like ian khong...

silverstone rally tyres are one of the best rally tyres out there. WRC Motorsport won the F2 catagory of the grueling Safari Rally in 1997 with a satria shod with silverstone rally tyres.

killerloop25

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
very minimum road gripping for sure. Its meant for gravel. Its like using road tyres on gravel even a 4wd car will fish tail and tends to spin easily on high speeds.

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
RS4wd said:
how reliable the rally tyre if using on normal road?
they are surprisingly grippy on dry tarmac, and the tyres hardly flex much. but its all an illusion. the moment traction is lost, its extremely sudden. it can definitely catch out an inexperienced driver.

its ok if you are going for a "rally" look on your car, but dont expect them to perform well on the road.

also, they're uncomfortable, and extremely noisy. just like "landrover" tyres ;)

Last edited:

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
MK84 said:
What's the difference between the S575 and S585?
First and foremost it's the thread pattern and secondly it's for certain rims with certain width... Theyre semi-slicks...

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
I can't really confirm cause I've never tried the S585's before...
Only had the chance with the S575's...
Most of the guys I know only tried the S575's...

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
Khorne said:
First and foremost it's the thread pattern and secondly it's for certain rims with certain width... Theyre semi-slicks...
khorne!

i've only seen the 585 used once. remember back in the silverstone tarmac rally in taiping? 2003 i think. the round that jimmy low entered using the PERT waja? they were running the 585, on the evo 17" rim. i remember the compounds were way softer than the 575 we had on our ford. but they hardly make that tyre, and i think there is usually no stock.

i also remember there were no 17" size for the 575 then.

btw, hows the leg? motorsports is way safer isn't it? ;)

p.s. i know a guy who spun pretty badly once using rally tyres on tarmac. ;)

Last edited:

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
gary said:
khorne!

i've only seen the 585 used once. remember back in the silverstone tarmac rally in taiping? 2003 i think. the round that jimmy low entered using the PERT waja? they were running the 585, on the evo 17" rim. i remember the compounds were way softer than the 575 we had on our ford. but they hardly make that tyre, and i think there is usually no stock.

i also remember there were no 17" size for the 575 then.

btw, hows the leg? motorsports is way safer isn't it? ;)

p.s. i know a guy who spun pretty badly once using rally tyres on tarmac. ;)
Gary,
Yeah Motorsports is way safer than any other sport...

Anyways I don't remember seeing those tyres, was too fixated on on cleaning the LYNX's rims... But I remeber that they were softer than ours, but we were running medium compound during that round...

And rally tyres on tarmac is bloody dangerous... Fun but it's stupid fun...
Use at your own risk is my advice...

How's work ???
I'm taking time off to let the foot hel before I jump into the working world...

CHEERS

extremeondirt

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Western Aus
killerloop25 said:
very minimum road gripping for sure. Its meant for gravel. Its like using road tyres on gravel even a 4wd car will fish tail and tends to spin easily on high speeds.

ermm...how come when i drive on rally tyres..it grips like hell compared to normal road tyre???

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
extremeondirt said:
ermm...how come when i drive on rally tyres..it grips like hell compared to normal road tyre???
I'll second that...
Only worry was my suspension giving way, which it did and I was the laughing stock of my friends... which I still am till today...
Would really love to back to rally tyres when I have the chance...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Selling anything above USD200,000 (approx RM700,000), the 8C offers the most luxurious of its kind in the Alfa Romeo line. With only 500 units made, 100 final productions will only make it into the US market after Europe and the rest of the world.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience