Racetech "Rigid collars" / Chassis Alignment Kit

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Definitely getting this for my NEO soon! Was wondering where I could find these thing for my car also after seeing it on Speedhunters a couple of months back! Dream come true! NICE!

mustang125

Known Member
Aug 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
now dats wat we peeps say a "REAL" car enthusiast.Only few can acknowledge ur brilliance.my radar say da truth,my instinct never lies.izso u know bolts n nuts.i can feel we will meet up 1 fine day..:)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Alright.

Let's clarify some things here.

#1 : To know the price of the Race-Tech CAK, either contact EA Autoworks Drexchan via PM / SMS / email or Race-Tech themselves via facebook (Just search for Race-Tech)

#2 : The CAK is NOT a replica of the original idea maker Spoon's Rigid collar. As Speedhorizon has pointed out, it somewhat serves the same PURPOSE (actually not same, but similar) but is not a REPLICA. Therefore you cannot shoot me for supporting a supposed 'copy' when it blatantly is not. Next up is Spoon markets for mainstream brands and not for Proton and prices ranges from RM600 upwards. Race-Tech retails for less than RM400 (depending on requirements).

Regarding all the kind words, I thank you kind gentlemen and hope to continue to have your generous support in reading my enthusiastic articles. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Before this thread goes out of hand - I'd like to repeat that this is an article on a new product that has garnered a lot of general public interest that I just happened to get my hands on.

This is not a promotional for the product. I do not work for EA Autoworks nor do I work for Race-Tech. I just happen to have friends who are and are supportive of my fanatical obsession with cars.

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Haha... Based on recent zth trends, I can see why you chose to take the initiative to put up an early disclaimer.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I'm skeptical of this item making such an impact on your experience. Considering its essentially something very simple yet having such significant change.

more owners should chime in. a lot of new things haven't been promising, and mostly snake oil. considering spoon is behind the initial concept it *should* be sound engineering.

sadly only for Protons :(

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I think this is every bit believable. Simple principles and easy to understand. Those fishy ones are like fuel saving devices.

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
quite recently i crashed my junk (proton wira) into a tyre barrier (sepang circuit) and i managed to crack my front frame panel. this damage alone caused handling problem during high-speed corners (esp.turn 5) and braking performance are effected too.

a few days later at the workshop, i had the front frame replaced and what the heck, i've decided to throw in the stiff rings in as well (just like the C.A.K from racetech).
upon quick test drive my experience is similar to what Izso described.

well as for circuit racing test this will be put on hold until next year.

as per Izso - that racetech race putra managed to shave off 4 secs in sepang circuit is a huge improvement! for less than MYR400 mod! some people I know had to spend MYR12,000 to shave off the same amout of time (which is racing coilovers and tyres)
<RM400 p mod.<><RM400 p mod.<>
Izso, nice write up! Perhaps next time if I have any new parts for the Proton Wira, I'd drop you a message (+ the free part for testing) so that you could write it up for me ya? sounds good? ;)

Last edited:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Nice write up. Good info. But why only for proton? Haha.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
This can only mean.. RIGID COLLARS FOR ALL!
Careful there. This isn't a rigid collar, this is a CHASSIS ALIGNMENT KIT! :biggrin: Later kena sue by nay-sayers.

I'm skeptical of this item making such an impact on your experience. Considering its essentially something very simple yet having such significant change.

more owners should chime in. a lot of new things haven't been promising, and mostly snake oil. considering spoon is behind the initial concept it *should* be sound engineering.

sadly only for Protons :(
Actually I am the sceptic you are today bro. The thing is I got my set at a pretty bargain rate which is why I was willing to try it otherwise I would have abandoned the idea. Besides, this wasn't going to adversely affect my car (like a certain air-leaker I know) so no harm testing.

I have to point out though, the effects that I have listed out are not useful for everyday driving. Sure it's more comfortable but I also realised more road noise in the cabin. Perhaps it's my tyres but since I wasn't able to confirm I didn't write about it.

And who wants a twitchy steering on a road going car? Going over pothole ridden uneven roads is now a wrestling match between me and my steering. Hence the comment about no more 1-hand kungfu. Pros and cons I guess.

And it's currently for Protons but I'm not sure if they are willing to venture into other brands. Stiff Ring on the other hand have been pretty aggressive with their R&D and have a few makes under their umbrella.

Izso, nice write up! Perhaps next time if I have any new parts for the Proton Wira, I'd drop you a message (+ the free part for testing) so that you could write it up for me ya? sounds good? ;)
I QUOTE YOU ON THIS! You're ON AH!

Nice write up. Good info. But why only for proton? Haha.
As mentioned earlier, their prototype was fitted in their own car which happened to be a Proton Putra so since that's compatible with Wiras, Satrias, Neos, it only make sense to target these 3 types of cars. Have a look at Stiff Ring. They might have it for your car.

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Izso, this has seriously gone out of hands. You should have made the clarification in the TITLE itself. LOL!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For whom that it may concern. Don't like don't read, want to read don't feel dulan.

THIS IS NOT THE MARKET PLACE. @#$%^&*

I really DO NOT understand the attitude of "PM me price for XXX" whenever one is looking for something. On one hand ZTH community is voicing againts sellers' request to "PM for price", at the same time you guys still request the sellers to send you a PM. MANA SATU MAU IKUT?!

Someone owe you guys izzit? Why must a contributor be burdened into spoon-feeding you for your own modification need?

The worse thing is, this is not even a sales topic in the market place! Pee into the bowl not anywhere else you think it's a bowl lah!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Izso, while you are trying hard to be a nice guy, there's always a need of a 'bad guy'. Nevermind I just did it for you. :biggrin:

Damn, did you just mentioned that I sell it too? No wonder lah.. inquiries have been flying in like leaves in the autumn. Sold out today. :adore:

Oh yeah I did it on the hoist today. No fun wei....

Last edited:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Iszo, may I ask something? You mention that after using this, the steering was twitchy. Do you mean that when you drive on uneven roads, the steering wheel moves/turns/pulls (not drastically) to one side by itself? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Why I ask is because I have been experiencing this (not sure if its the same thing though) in one of my cars but not in my other two cars. I find it a little worrying and thought that something was wrong with my car.

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Iszo, may I ask something? You mention that after using this, the steering was twitchy. Do you mean that when you drive on uneven roads, the steering wheel moves/turns/pulls (not drastically) to one side by itself? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Why I ask is because I have been experiencing this (not sure if its the same thing though) in one of my cars but not in my other two cars. I find it a little worrying and thought that something was wrong with my car.
Bump steering and twitchiness are two different things.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i used proton wit e3 engine wit some mod.. currently my car drink ron97 fuel and the result is
RM10/28km or less.. my fren said "ok la tu" but for me not.. how urs evo?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience